It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark and the animals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
My young son a few years ago also asked me a similar kind of question. He said that he knew that Adam and Eve had children, I think he said their names were Cain, Abel and Seth (all three were boys). But then he asked me how did Adam and Eve's boys have their children? Who did they have sex with to have their children Daddy?

I am sure that I read somewhere, long ago that Adam and Eve did have daughters, but quite a very difficult answer to give to quite a young child, especially when trying to teach the wrongs and rights within their lives. Very hard to give an answer without sounding incestuous.....

I just said, 'I dunno, ask your mom.' Funnily enough, she had the same answer, 'I dunno, ask your dad.'...........

Yes, it is true that they had daughters, especially considering how long they lived. The problem though, is that at the time, only Men were noted down when they were born, as they were the head of the family, so the question of where their sons got wives is common, but easily explained.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Yes, it is true that they had daughters, especially considering how long they lived. The problem though, is that at the time, only Men were noted down when they were born, as they were the head of the family, so the question of where their sons got wives is common, but easily explained.

When Cain was about to be kicked out of "Eden" (E-Din, "the first place/time") he asked his father about the "others" who were outside, as he was in fear for his life. It seems he was told not to fear and to take a wife from one of the "others".

Perhaps these "others" were Neanderthal?

In the culture of Sumeria, and the early history of its genesis, the Female was held in equal esteem as the male. The lowering of this standard was something mankind came up with afterwards.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I'm not sure you understand how this works, two animals is not enough to continue a species. The lack of genetic diversity will eventually kill off the species, think about all the European royalty and the genetic defects they had then imagine that a lot worse. There's a reason they don't let you marry your siblings you know.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

that was my initial response until my too smart daughter said "that would have to have been a very large ark". LOL

Thank you for your explaination.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

So tell her the truth, that it is a fairytale. Otherwise, think of some incredible story that makes not one bit of sense scientifically. Better yet do what always happens when a young child or newborn dies and no good explanation is at hand, so people shrug, and say, "It was God's will." That "explanatiion" always seems to satisfy most religious people. After all, God is the one in charge and he must of had a very good reason to take an innocent, right?

I tried that one too. My kid is too smart. What can I say? SHe didnt buy that.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Anyways, OP, to answer your question - first, keep a few things in mind. One, there is only one species of Domestic dogs today, Canis Familiaris, (scientifically speaking, which are supposedly descendants from the Wolf species).

This is a great answer. She studied genetics in her advanced placement biology class. I will show her this and hopefully it will quieten her down. LOL

It is tough to have a kid smarter than I am.

Thank you so much for the scientific answer which is what it will take to satisfy her.

I am thinking she is a budding ATS member..lol

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I had originally posted this in religous conspiracies..but someone complained and had it moved. This was my first post.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join