It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gog/Magog War Prophesied In Ezekiel 38-39 Is Beginning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+132 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
*NOTE: I understand that many ATS members are not Christians and that they will view this thread as something based on "Fairy Tales." I would urge these people to read the links and watch the videos with an open mind. I was raised in a Christian home, and I went to a private Christian school from pre-K to high school, so I've had a fairly good working knowledge of Scripture since I was just a tyke; but being a largely left-brained person, I myself was never convinced of the absolute truth of the Bible until I began studying prophecy. When I began comparing the events that were foretold in the Bible to history and the headlines that I read in today's news, the logical side of my brain tells me that there is NO WAY they could have been as accurate as they are without some type of Divine inspiration. Now that we have the disclaimer out of the way, let's begin the thread.

EDIT TO ADD: 30 minutes into this thread, NOT ONE of the negative posts have actually addressed the OP. If your intention is to insult me, or berate me for my faith, you are only wasting my time and yours. Unless you actually want to discuss the information I have presented, you might as well keep on walking because your insults don't phase me in the least.

Your ignorance is showing.

BEGIN THREAD

OK, so Iran has announced to the world that they have PERMANENT underground missile silos in addition to the medium range mobile missile platforms they have had for years.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4797011063ee.jpg[/atsimg]

Source 1: Fox News
Source 2: ATS THREAD (Source Debkafile)

Col. Asghar Qelichkhani, a spokesman for the war games, said the silos "function as a swift-reaction unit." "Missiles, which are permanently in the vertical position, are ready to hit the pre-determined targets," he was quoted as saying by state TV.

An officer in Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard, which is in charge of the missile program, said Tehran has constructed "numerous" underground missile silos which satellites can't detect. He did not elaborate. The state television report broadcast footage of underground launching pads for the Shahab-3 missile, which have a range of more than 1,240 miles (2,000 kilometers)-- putting Israel, U.S. bases in the Gulf region and parts of southeastern and eastern Europe within reach.

The report also showed pictures of missiles being fired from one silo after a large metal roof opened to allow the missile to launch. The TV report said the missile silos are linked to a missile control center. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

This, in my opinion, is just another bit of proof that the prophet Ezekiel was right when he foretold of the war that would occur in the End Times BEFORE the Battle of Armageddon in Chapters 38-39 2,500 years ago.

I implore you all read those two chapters for yourselves, but I'll post just a few of the most relevant verses here:

Ezekiel 38
1 The word of the LORD came to me:
2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him
3 and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal
4 I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords.
5 Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets,
6 also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.
7 “‘Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them.
8 After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety.
9 You and all your troops and the many nations with you will go up, advancing like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land.

Please read what I emboldened in the above scripture in verse 8 again. How can that not be a reference to modern day Israel? Ezekiel even listed the nations that would be gathered against Israel in the runup to this war. The next EX text block lists the ancient nations named in the prophecy along with their modern names - chief among them are Turkey, Russia, and Iran.

ANCIENT NAMES OF MODERN NATIONS
Rosh (ancient Sarmatians known as Rashu,Rasapu,Ros and Rus) RUSSIA
Magog (ancient Scythians) Central Asia (Islamic southern republics of the former Soviet Union with a population of 60 million Muslims)
Meshech (ancient Muschki and Musku in Cilicia and Cappadocia) Turkey
Tubal (ancient Tubalu in Cappadocia) Turkey
Persia (name changed to Iran in 1935) Iran
Ethiopia (ancient Cush,south of Egypt) Sudan
Libya (ancient Put,west of Egypt) Libya
Gomer (ancient Cimmerians from seventh century to first century B.C. in central/western Anatolia Turkey
Beth-Togarmah (Tilgarimmu between ancient Carchemish and Haran) Turkey
SOURCE

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcc30e8e0f26.jpg[/atsimg]

Not bad for a 2,500 year old prophecy huh?

Now we come to WHY.

I think it is fairly obvious why the Muslim nations in these prophecies would want to see Israel destroyed: they been trying to do it since Israel became a nation - again - in 1948; but why would Russia get involved? One reason: OIL and NATURAL GAS! Just recently, HUGE reserves of both of these commodities were discovered in Israel's territorial waters in an area which has been dubbed the Leviathan Oil Field.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fe6f8dcb154.jpg[/atsimg]

How much natural gas had Noble Energy discovered? Combined with an earlier find last year in the same general area, the discovery totals 25 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of natural gas. To put this in perspective, 25 Tcf of natural gas equals twice the size of the British natural gas fields in the North Sea.

Furthermore, the total proven natural gas reserves of the United States are less than ten times this figure at 245 Tcf, making the discovery equal to more than 10% of U.S. natural gas reserves. In addition, some energy experts believe there could be more than 4 billion barrels of crude oil below the natural gas deposits. Since the U.S. only has a little more than 19 billion barrels of total crude oil reserves, Noble’s discovery could equal more than 20% of total U.S. oil reserves. Investingdaily.com

There has already been talk of war between Israel and Lebanon over the find:

EZEKIEL 38:
12 I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land.
13 Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages will say to you, “Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?”’

So the Muslim nations want to destroy Israel for religious reasons; but there are also economic reason in play for other nations such as Russia who will get involved solely out of greed. Pretty interesting isn't it?

Unfortunately for the nations that will come against Israel, they will be utterly defeated.

Ezekiel 39:
1 “Son of man, prophesy against Gog and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal.
2 I will turn you around and drag you along. I will bring you from the far north and send you against the mountains of Israel.
3 Then I will strike your bow from your left hand and make your arrows drop from your right hand.
4 On the mountains of Israel you will fall, you and all your troops and the nations with you. I will give you as food to all kinds of carrion birds and to the wild animals.
5 You will fall in the open field, for I have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD.
6 I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in safety in the coastlands, and they will know that I am the LORD.
7 “‘I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the LORD am the Holy One in Israel.
8 It is coming! It will surely take place, declares the Sovereign LORD. This is the day I have spoken of.

Along with the armies gathered against Israel in the field and possibly - as described above - cities in the countries from which they came, Damascus is specifically mentioned as a city which will be utterly destroyed, most likely by one of Israel's nuclear weapons as prophesied in Isaiah 17:1:

The prophet Zechariah describes the effects of a nuclear blast in Chapter 12:14.

And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand on their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

I believe that as a result of this war, the Antichrist will emerge. He will offer a peace treaty with Israel on behalf of the world that will guarantee them seven years of peace, along with the right to rebuild the Jewish Temple. Having had their butts handed to them in this war, the Muslim world will be in NO position to make demands of Israel, especially with many of their capitol cities laying in ashes and glowing like a child's chemical wristband from the nuclear firestorm Israel will unleash once they are surrounded by their enemies and are threatened with total annihilation. "Never Again" indeed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3230c3b95509.jpg[/atsimg]

The Book Of Luke also talks about these days in general:

Luke 21:
20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.
21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.
22 For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written.
23 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people.
24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.
26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.
27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

I'm not going to try and convince anyone of the truth of these Biblical prophecies as the evidence is right there for you to see, and it's pretty damned convincing - to me at least. My last link is over 8 years old, but at that time, over 2,500 Biblical prophecies had been fulfilled as of 2003 with another 500 to go; and in these rapidly evolving times, those last 500 are being fulfilled every single day. That all of these prophecies have come true is astonishing, especially when you crunch the statistics:

Unique among all books ever written, the Bible accurately foretells specific events-in detail-many years, sometimes centuries, before they occur. Approximately 2500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter—no errors. (The remaining 500 or so reach into the future and may be seen unfolding as days go by.) Since the probability for any one of these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance averages less than one in ten (figured very conservatively) and since the prophecies are for the most part independent of one another, the odds for all these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance without error is less than one to the 2000th power (that is 1 with 2000 zeros written after it!) SOURCE

And THAT is why I'm absolutely convinced that the Bible is the inspired word of God. The next few years are going to be filled with undeniable proof that should convince all but the most hardened skeptics; but as for me, I'm already convinced.

Additional links pertaining to the Gog/Magog War, which contain further relevant prophecies found elsewhere in the Bible:

www.truthnet.org...
www.joelrosenberg.com...

edit on 6/28/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/28/2011 by OldCorp because: Reorded some stuff for easier readability

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

+68 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the irony here is that religious fanatics who believe in the magic power of scriptures are the ones who cause the majority of problems in the world. Because their beloved scriptures dictate the way they live their lives we have waged wars acrross the centuries.
Religion may well turn out to be involved in the next great war, however it will be in the capacity of a self fulfilling prohecy because people are foolish enough to believe them.

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeanne75018
Please OldCorp, could you display another avatar? Displaying a weapon is not right. I feel it like an aggression towards me.
edit on 28/6/2011 by jeanne75018 because: (no reason given)

Can't you see the smile on my face? Unless you have antlers - or try to take it away from me - you have nothing to fear.

How about this one?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39da479e7cdd.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
My understanding is Israel fights all these people and these people fight Israel..

Which sounds like every other regional war and going on how this line gets repeated the situation seems inevitable... but it is still only a regional war one I am sure will be utterly important to those involved..

While I understand why America could be being dragged in such a mess I don't see why it should or why anyone else needs too get involved.
edit on 28/6/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I believe that as a result of this war, the Antichrist will emerge. He will offer a peace treaty with Israel on behalf of the world that will guarantee them seven years of peace, along with the right to rebuild the Jewish Temple. Having had their butts handed to them in this war, the Muslim world will be in NO position to make demands of Israel, especially with many of their capitol cities laying in ashes and glowing like a child's chemical wristband from the nuclear firestorm Israel will unleash once they are surrounded by their enemies and are threatened with total annihilation. "Never Again" indeed.

Just Curious what does the Anti-Christ Religion /God /Deities for that matter have anything to do with the 5 billion years that Earth existed before humans arose?

edit on 28-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I sometimes wonder how many nominal Christians are really Christian. Not many is my guess.

Seems to me a follower of Christ should be pretty easy to identify...I think that held true in the 1st century as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by OldCorp

Just Curious what does the Anti-Christ Religion /God /Deities for that matter have anything to do with the 5 billion years that Earth existed before humans arose?

I don't believe I mentioned anything earlier than 3,500 years ago, so I'm not quite sure what you are referring to.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Right there with you... been sayin' so for the longest time, both here and elsewhere. The alliances, here to fore being seen as impossible, are forming.

The US ties to Israel are precarious at best under Obama, and that is why Israel stands alone in the world.

Good work and research. I wish I had the time to do what you have done here.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I prophecise that we are beyond the age of prophecy.
As such, all prophecies are false, and therefore invalid.

By the Great Pantheon,
So Say We All!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Well i mean what did God/ Anti-Christ /Religion / Deities have to do with anything!? for the last 5 billion years on Earth before humans existed.

I'm certain none of this stuff was pertinent to any other life form; that existed on Earth far before humans arose.

Which asks us to consider the validity of humans silly claims to importance and personifying man in god's image.

That is if there is god

I suppose no-one can know the answer to this question though.

I'm Agnostic Peace!

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HologramDenier

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

Good work and research. I wish I had the time to do what you have done here.

Thats the scary thing about all this, a man with a gun that spends this amount of time on a post like this....

This only took about an hour to create, but still I fail to see the connection between the two. Do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation or are you just trolling?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thats a waste of an hour of your time then. Seriously, the only links between religious verse and actual real world events are all in your mind. I do understand how this has come to pass though. You have already admitted that you were brainwashed as a child into all this nonsense. You need to let it go man, and reclaim your dignity.

+61 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Wow at least if you don't believe you could keep it on topic of why what he is saying is false. Not what happened billions of years ago or how Christians are "easy to identify?". Well I guess if you can't tackle the thought, you can always tackle the guy. Seems to me like a well researched OP. Thanks S+F
edit on 28-6-2011 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Well i mean what did God/ Anti-Christ /Religion / Deities have to do with anything!? for the last 5 billion years on Earth before humans existed.

I'm certain none of this stuff was pertinent to any other life form; that existed on Earth far before humans arose.

Which asks us to consider the validity of humans silly claims to importance and personifying man in god's image.

That is if there is god

I suppose no-one can know the answer to this question though.

I'm Agnostic Peace!

When I make my famous four alarm chili, I start out by soaking my beans overnight. I suppose I could just plop some of that Castleberry crap out of a can into a pot and have something ready in five minutes; but my way is SO much better.

Being agnostic means that you are unsure there is a God, am I correct? Well ask yourself how men 2,500-3,500 years ago could predict what is going on in the world today with such uncanny accuracy without a little help from Someone who can view human history - from beginning to end - from outside linear space-time. Perhaps that will convince you that there is more to our existence than what we can discern with our 5 senses.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by OldCorp

reply to post by OldCorp

I don't believe I mentioned anything earlier than 3,500 years ago, so I'm not quite sure what you are referring to.

Didn't you know that the dinosaurs are actually just figments of our imagination! Sheesh.....

Or was it that they are demons......I can never remember......

Just for you: I'm not a "Young Earth Creationist." I believe in evolution and a 4.5 billion year old Earth. To me, science and my faith are not mutually exclusive.

Now, do you have anything constructive to add?

I find it totally laughable that NOT ONE of the negative posts thus far have actually addressed the information contained in the OP. None of you have even had time to review the links or watch the videos (which would take a whole 10 minutes out of your day.) It appears that you are just attempting to insult me because of the topic, and are totally ignoring the information I have presented.

When it comes to "Denying Ignorance," you guys are failing.

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Fine, I'll address the OP.

The 'prophecies' of the bible are just like that of Nostradamus and other so-called 'prophets'. They are written in such an ambiguous way as that they could fit any number of scenarios - and that is what hooks people into believing them.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Being agnostic means that you are unsure there is a God, am I correct? Well ask yourself how men 2,500-3,500 years ago could predict what is going on in the world today with such uncanny accuracy without a little help from Someone who can view human history - from beginning to end - from outside linear space-time. Perhaps that will convince you that there is more to our existence than what we can discern with our 5 senses.

This is just my personal opinion although i realise i know nothing and cannot prove god exists or doesn't

The Prediction made in the Holy Scriptures Tractates or Books Hold no pertinence to any events happening today.

and if you believe otherwise provide quotes and relation to exactly what has come true.

because you can take anything from the bible or whatever other holy scripture you might reference and try and make an analogy of something pertaining to the world today.

But that is just mis-interpreting what the people who wrote this scripture 1000's of years ago.

Still to the point what relevance does these old tractates and scriptures have to do with anything today?

They never specified Dates in the Holy Scriptures

Yes what guy above my post said basically they are written in an ambiguous way it could be pertaining to many things or anything...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join