It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Obama is a bad president!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

He was threatened into doing that, What about this do people not understand?

Obama has no balls. FDR had balls. This country needs a new FDR. FDR "welcomed their (the wealthy elite) anger."

Obama gives them more tax breaks and they still hate him.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DizzyDude

I am very inclined to agree with you, I supported Obama, but he has not turned out to be the leader that I hoped for. As far as seeing the fools on the republican primary stage, there was not a leader among them, maybe with the exception of Ron Paul, I do believe him to be a leader of some sort, but not enough of the right sort of people are following him. He has done too many things on the fringe, the independents will never support him. Although I am hardcore independent, with what the Republicans are offering, I see Obama getting 4 more years.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

I agree. Ron Paul is fringe and Obama is likely to get another 4 years.

Poll after poll shows that the majority of Americans think the wealthy should pay more in taxes to help pay off our debts. Majority also doesn't want medicare or social security touched in anyway. I think this will doom republicans in the end as they propose the opposite.

Maybe we have to hurt more before another FDR can arise to lead? Unemployment benefits may have kept it from happening so far.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DizzyDude

Too many of the repub candidates are evangelical or pentacostal christians, or mormons. Some of these people want a theocracy. What I saw on that stage in New Hampshire had nothing to offer to middle America, they all have their own agendas, that are not going to meet 30% of the peoples wants.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DizzyDude
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

He was threatened into doing that, What about this do people not understand?

Obama has no balls. FDR had balls. This country needs a new FDR. FDR "welcomed their (the wealthy elite) anger."

Obama gives them more tax breaks and they still hate him.

FDR was considerably more free-er then Obama is now. You do what you can with the limited resources you can and hope the populous is smart enough to target the real culprits.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by The Old American

You pay three types of taxes on your income :
1. Social Security
2. Federal Withholding - This finances Governmental operations.
3. State Withholding - This finances your local schools and state parks.

The 4th tax is your property taxes which finances your local schools, fire departments, police departments, local parks which is not piad via your cheque.
edit on 27-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

1. Social Security: Not Federal income tax. It is taxed separately.
2. Federal Withholding: Federal income tax. 100% of which is used to pay for government programs.
3. State Withholding (if your state has one): Not Federal income tax. Not relevant to this discussion.
4. Property Tax: Not Federal income tax. Not relevant to this discussion.

And for more taxes that are irrelevant:
5. Sales Tax: Not Federal income tax. Not relevant to this discussion.
6. Estate Tax: Not Federal income tax. Not relevant to this discussion.
7. Capital Gains Tax: Not Federal income tax. Not relevant to this discussion.

Did you actually have some sort of counter-point to my post? I'm not seeing it.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Obama is a good president because he's calling for an end to the Bush Tax Breaks for the Rich.

People earning $35,000 a year pay 25% of all their income in payroll taxes.

People investing pay 16% to 0% of their earnings in income taxes thanks to good accounting and Bush's Tax Breaks.

The government isn't getting enough revenue and may default and not pay its bills.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
the executive branch of the federal gov't gets too much credit, and too much blame.

I think obama missed the boat with the stimulus plan, more money should have been put aside for small business tax breaks and hiring incentives and job training for unemployed who need to retool themselves

with that said, he was dealt a difficult hand

congress, state gov't and even local gov't need to do more as well

when is the last time boehner got called on the carpet for a lame republican lead congress that hasn't lived up to their campaign promises of jobs jobs, jobs ?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join