It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp David & a possible escape bunker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I once heard from a contractor friend of mine who held a high security clearance that there was a cave leading into a mountain behind Camp David that allowed the president to evacuate in case of nuclear attack. Does anyone have anymore info about this? He told me that there were buildings and generators and just about anything needed to survive an attack inside.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
In about a 300 mile radious, there are numerous "continuity of Government" bunkers that may or may not be connected by a series of tunnels. However, the Camp Daid one is pretty well known, and in all likelyhood would be a nuke target in an all out exchange. During the Reagan years, they also built a Presidential Survival network. Rumor has it that that is where Bush headed on 911.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Interesting. So, these types of bunkers are spread out all over the country? I figured they had them in important spots like DC, Camp David, Cheyane Mtn., but I didn't know there were many more than that.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bzap
Interesting. So, these types of bunkers are spread out all over the country? I figured they had them in important spots like DC, Camp David, Cheyane Mtn., but I didn't know there were many more than that.

Tons of bases.

Mt Weather
Under the Greenbriar Hotel

TO name but a few. Do a thread search on underground bases...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
...Thanks! I will.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I drive past the entrance to Site R daily. Local's call it Harry's hole, named after Harry Truman, whose adminstration reportedly built it. There is a large door which permits entry to the mountain. Yep, you can drive right in. There are towers atop, and even a large concrete vent from which one can easily see steam exiting the mountain. Well lit at night. Surrounded by fence, with nifty signs indicating no stopping, standing, parking, etc. I know a few who have been inside. The entire mountain atop which sits Camp David has nice roadways, much of it is fenced, many warnings to not stop along the roads, etc. Peculiar steel boxes, say 5 or 6 feet square, dot the sides of the road, if you are observant, back in the woods. Never figured what they were, but locals assume the mountain is heavily armored with missile silos, defense technology and the like. My daughter's been in there, one time for lunch. I understand it to be a self sufficient underground community.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

paknews.com...

www.post-gazette.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
WOW! Thanks for the info. That is similar to what my friend had also told me about it. Supposed to be like a self contained city of sorts.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
as my first post.. i will say that president bush was at my old base, in my old squadron on 9/11. barksdale afb, la. i saw him there.. with my own eyes. this is where he addressed the country from.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by echoRanger
as my first post.. i will say that president bush was at my old base, in my old squadron on 9/11. barksdale afb, la. i saw him there.. with my own eyes. this is where he addressed the country from.

You actually say Bush on 9/11 at your base? That is pretty cool because there has been much speculation as to where he actually went during the event.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
In about a 300 mile radious, there are numerous "continuity of Government" bunkers that may or may not be connected by a series of tunnels. However, the Camp Daid one is pretty well known, and in all likelyhood would be a nuke target in an all out exchange. During the Reagan years, they also built a Presidential Survival network. Rumor has it that that is where Bush headed on 911.

Well, actually during the 9/11 attack Bush was in a school reading books to children, and even though notified of the attack, remained doing so, absolutely ignoring the fact.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
actually k33l.... he wasnt READING books with the children... he was TRYING to read the books with the children F.Y.I.

AK

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
eheheheh guess you're right AK!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by k33l
Well, actually during the 9/11 attack Bush was in a school reading books to children, and even though notified of the attack, remained doing so, absolutely ignoring the fact.

That is what I had always thought the story was, but I have heard many different stories from people on ATS.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
July 23rd, 2004 12:59 pm
9/11 Commission Report Confirms Key Fahrenheit 9/11 Facts

The September 11 Commission's 567-page final report has confirmed key facts presented in Fahrenheit 9/11. These include:

After Bush was informed of the first plane hitting the World Trade Center, he went ahead with his classroom event. After Bush was informed that the nation was under attack after the second plane hit, Bush stayed in the classroom for nearly seven more minutes, continuing to read with the children. Confirmed, Commission Report at pp. 35, 38-39

Content from: This Page

[edit on 3/9/2004 by k33l]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It's kinda crazy how the administration let the news of these bunkers seep out LOL! buti am positive thers lots more no one but key personel know about

se ya,

Diego

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
CNN did a "Cnn Presents- Remembering 9/11" special that detailed basically what happened, where everyone was, even showed Bush going into a bunker, what bases he went to, things of that nature. You may want to check into getting a copy if it interests you.

Paul

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
it is probally true while he is cousy underground we will be dying.just look at that attack russia nearly nuked us we was never weard was we.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The closest all out attack was with JFK.
And Russia blinked.
Where was JFK going to hide.

I think he was going home to enjoy the beach.

JFK took the last of his Cuban cigars and said if Russia does not
answer or pull back its nuke'm time.

Camp David is a back woods retreat for FDR and not very nice
from the latest film aired by PBS.

Another place to avoid the the Bethesda Hospital 16th floor windows
and not the Microsoft kind.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by enespanol4391
It's kinda crazy how the administration let the news of these bunkers seep out LOL! buti am positive thers lots more no one but key personel know about

se ya,

Diego

Greenbrier History

You can actually go to the Greenbrier and take a tour now. It's amazing what all they had down there to keep all those crooked politicians alive after nuclear war.

I guess cockroaches aren't the only things that can survive a nuke.

[edit on 8/5/08 by emsed1]

top topics

join