It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anxious and worried about the decision I have made for my son, regarding the MMR vaccination.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
reply to post by spolvil

Its call vericella vaccine. I heard chicken pox as an adult it way worse

I never caught chicken pox as a child - I got it at 18 and at Christmas.
If I could have moved off the sofa that week I could have hunted down and killed whoever gave it to me.

It was awful.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

i was the same as you on this .
we have a 10 year old boy and twins of seven boy and girl
all three have had the MMR jab and all three are fine
but you must decide whats best for your kids

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by spolvil
I have 2 children - age 6 and 2 - both of whom have had the MMR. Apart from being grotty the day after, there hasnt been any side effects at all. I am glad they are protected...measles is nasty.

Its also been in the news that Measles and Mumps etc are on the increase...personally i think its best to be safe.

I know autism has been linked to MMR vaccine, but i have a feeling this was down to one scientist writing in a journal, and has been shot down in flames by his brethren.

I wish they had come up with a vaccine for chicken pox - my 6 year old gave it to me when he was younger - made me look like "The Fly" for a couple of weeks

My kids no longer are vaccinated because of the crap that is put in them, an now I am blaming the vaccinations for his mild autism, and aspergers syndrom. Plus, the chicken pox vaccine is a joke, you have to get it doen every 4 years because that is how long it lasts. Nothing wrong with getting the chicken pox with a kid, and I was hesitate with it for them, but then I got a nasty call from their nurse saying if they didn't get the shot, they wouldn't be able to go to public school.

Yes, I was threatened by her (the bitoch) but did it and now totally regret it! I now worry if they do eventually get it they will be adults, and now they could get the next worse thing the shingles. I had both the chicken pox at age 19, and the shingles at the age of 24, and they are both nasty when you are older, but not so bad when you are a kid.

I guess my point is I am hating the fact that their is medication and vaccinations for things that people don't need to be vaccinated for. Like my daughters are not getting the vaccine when they are teens for the Herpes or whatever that shot is for, because teen girls have died from them, and so on. Vaccinations are poisonous and they just give them to you, so you can get sick from them and give you meds, and they make more money.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The societal benefits of vaccines far, far outweigh the minuscule risk involved. Thanks to the wonders f the internet, along with people apparently getting dumber ever year....the risks have been blown way overboard.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Stop talking out your a**, there is NO vaccine in the world that will prevent the spread of any bug. How are vaccines created? They use a weakened strain of the live bug and inject it into you...how can you rid yourself of it and the population when people are being injected with it...

Use your brain...
edit on 24/6/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You need to figure out the lesser of the two evils. Ya, you dont want to take the chance of causing an issue for your babies by giving them a vaccine. IT hurts them they cry, and there are chances for side effects, but they are mostly mild. The side effects from measles mumps or rubella are NOT mild. The scariest side effects of the vaccines that you hear about are not proven. There are so many things that could cause all of those effects you are afraid of. BUT what we do know is that if your child does not get vaccinated they will most likely be infected with all three. The suckiest part of being a parent is making choices like these to make sure your kids have a good life. Look at the long term. Does the risk of the vaccine seem worth the risk of what could and most likely would happen not if but when they get measles mumps and rubella? Look up pics of kids infected and prepare yourself if you choose to not vaccinate them. They are at risk for the rest of their lives if you dont vacccinate them.

Just be sure to take the advice of medical persons who actually know what they are talking about and not conspericy junkies like us when it comes to the lives of your children.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by Suspiria

Stop talking out your a**, there is NO vaccine in the world that will prevent the spread of any bug. How are vaccines created? They use a weakened strain of the live bug and inject it into you...how can you rid yourself of it and the population when people are being injected with it...

Use your brain...
edit on 24/6/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

Clearly you use yours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join