It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska Nuclear Power Plants - 2.5 Inches Of Rain Overnight - 50 Miles Upstream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I know a lot of folks have been keeping an eye on this. I saw yesterday that a report stated the Cooper plant came to within 18" of a forced shutdown for the Cooper plant, due to the river's rise halting. While this is much further beyond Omaha, The Storm Total Surface Rainfall Accumulation ° Elevation from this morning doesn't look too good for either plant. The Fort Calhoun Plant is nearest to the heaviest rainfall amounts in the past 24 hours.

Radar Link...

I check this site a lot and usually notice the rainfall totals to be within 0.25" accuracy.

As for the Cooper plant, this is the latest I'm aware of..

I'm unsure of the current levee situation there as of this morning, but this doesn't look good. Is there something I'm missing here?

Good day...

edit on 21-6-2011 by rstregooski because: link

edit on 21-6-2011 by rstregooski because: c

edit on 21-6-2011 by rstregooski because: title

edit on 21-6-2011 by rstregooski because: links

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

edit on 21-6-2011 by Darkice19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Hey, your article is about a different plant (Cooper) than your map (Fort Hill.) I know they're both in danger of flooding, but did you mean to imply the article and the map were about the same plant?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Error on my part, thanks... Although the Cooper plant is a good ways south from Omaha, all this rain can't be good for that one in the next few days..
edit on 21-6-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

You're absolutely right. It's a messed up situation. I have not heard the 1st thing about this on MSM news, have you? Not a thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Well from what I've heard, a 'media blackout' was requested to supposedly prevent overhead lines from being hit or something like that. Who knows, but you should see this, or at least the first minute or so. A news crew drove a boat by the Fort Calhoun Plant on the 15th I believe...

edit on 21-6-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the berms holding the river water out just as efficient at holding the rainwater in?

If anything it seems like it would concentrate the rainfall a little bit.

Want to bet the Corps of Engineers allowed the levee breaks upstream in hopes of saving the plants? I expect it another exercise in futility, given the weather patterns, snowmelt, and water releases along the Missouri, North and South Platte, and Canadian rivers in Saskatchewan all work against it.

I give it about two weeks before the plant is flooded from above (rainfall) below (seepage), or through (river).

Don't look now, but early or mid-July seems a lock for the crap to start hitting the fan in a very big way, not just there, but globally.

I strongly advise big food gardens, stockpiling essentials, and preparing your mind and spirit for an extremely difficult time which is swiftly approaching.

top topics

join