It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

------FORUM GUIDELINES------

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This forum is for the discussion of predictions from previously-published clairvoyants (with links), ancient prophecies, and not the random posting of member's predictions. Personal member predictions should be posted on the BTS forum DREAMS & PERSONAL PREDICTIONS.
edit on 9/30/2014 by yeahright because: Link

edit on 8.11.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So if I post prediction off-site then link to it and discuss those prediction its ok?

After all, you don't exactly get a license in clairvoyance.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thanks, im glad to see that my threath was worth it!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Just one question. Why?

I enjoyed coming here and reading posts from the "non" professionals, those that had a "feeling" about something about to happen. They did not seem to create fear in anyone. They were merely sharing their feelings.

So many of the modern clairvoyants are quacks and do create hysteria. I don't like "sollog" and his type...they do this to make money. Your members that predict are not out to make money but to help.

I just don't understand.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I agree Quest! Could you please specify/define the term 'clairvoyant', SO.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Olafski]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say that I totally disagree with this new change. I think it was helpful and enlightening to read other peoples predictions. I'm sorry to see the old forum go.

I respect your decision skeptic, although I don't agree with it.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Can you make a member predictions forum then Skeptic?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
i think i have expressed my feelings about this enough for you to know that i disagree with this decision of your SO. just wanted to put that on record.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yeh I don't think this is a particularly good move. I found the sharing of members feelings, fears, predictions and dreams was extremely interesting.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Yeh I don't think this is a particularly good move. I found the sharing of members feelings, fears, predictions and dreams was extremely interesting.

I actually got annoyed by all the fearmongering and vague one liners. However, this policy wouldn't change anything, except people would have to post their stuff offsite then link it and start a discusion about it.

Well, I guess this would at least limit predictions to people willing to post on their own site.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think this is a good idea. Maybe member predicitions can be moved to BTS or something. Its nice to have a place to discuss ancient prophecies,etc

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Ya, me too think not a good move since I think that ordinary people can propably have better predictions than some Sollog-type prophet (gimme money to read my predictions-type, only 99$/month etc.). What about those who wants to share their predictions, gut-feelings but don't have a webspace to give the link to? Baaad, I say, baaad...

People can discuss other matters freely and post thier own stuff(without linking or anything) on other threads but not this one?? Shouldn't this kind of policy be to the other threads then too?

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Samiralfey]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
[edit on 9-8-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I predict a lot of people will be wanting to discuss
this. How about splitting the forum - one for
member predictions, and one for the, dare I say,
more serious predictions from well known
sources (Nostradamus, bible code, whatever)?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

If ATS started screening all the other threads for true content there may be very little left.

So true.

The main problem I see is that someone, presumably a moderator, would get to determine what is and isn't a "real" prediction from a "real psychic". Or people will just be off making their own site for predictions.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

So true.

The main problem I see is that someone, presumably a moderator, would get to determine what is and isn't a "real" prediction from a "real psychic". Or people will just be off making their own site for predictions.

Because there is no such thing as a "real" prediction nor "real psychic". It is just what some people get or not get. Some people publish their predictions and others keep it to themselves. Some people hit jackpot and some are ridiculed as frauds. If someone wants to post their prediction, how is it any different from, for example Nostradamus?? Sure he was famous but still a ordinary human.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Google: ATS Predictions Google has 1,510 pages in it's database that related to the discussion of predictions on AboveTopSecret.com As our popularity continues to grow and people find us through searches other than typical conspiracy, government, or alien subject-searches, we need to consider being mindful of the nature of the content that is posted on ATS, and the potential "first impression" new visitors may receive. While many of our members have posted valid "feelings" and concerns over what they believe may be happening from a clairvoyant perspective, many have also been posting silliness in this forum. The intent was always the serious discussion of the phenomenon of foresight and clairvoyance, as it applies to current events as well as ancient prophecies. This effort is intended to gain control over the content in this forum, rather than stifle the nature of the content. Use the BTS Dreams forum for your general personal predictions. The long-term goal of ATS is the credible and reliably open and honest discussion of all of our core topics. When any forum begins to receive a higher-than-tolerable ratio of questionable posts, we need to take steps to realign discussion and help the topic stay focused. To help that goal, we will soon be having a predictions contest involving "sealed predictions" that will be covered and managed through this forum. In short: This forum is intended for the discussion of found predictions and prophecies, and their merits. It is possible to post your own predictions, but please obtain permission as outlined in the first post of this thread. We will soon run structured clairvoyant events for members in this forum. [edit on 9-8-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So is the forum for talking about the concept of predictions and clairvoyance but not specific predictions?

I completely understand the need to control ATS content, but I still don't get the guidelines for what is and isn't a serious discussion.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well, if serious talk is "I am a demon hunter" etc. then fine with me.....

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I have to say that when this forum first started , I thought great, a place where people can have a record of visions and dreams of things that they genuinly felt would come to pass,and that we would have a record of it as a sort of proof that there really is such a thing as somehow seeing into the future.
But it soon became clear that a lot of members use the forum to just hazzard guesses at future events, which isn't quite the same.
From what I can tell from SO's first post, members can still post their own genuine predictions that are the result of some psychic gift, but it's just going to be a matter of getting the post approved first. I suppose that it's the only way to keep this forum used for the purpose it was intended.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join