It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tax the net ...say what???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yes some states want to tax the net for sales news.yahoo.com... from the link

States look to Internet taxes to close budget gaps
So why did it put this here in the 2012??? Just one more sign that this is the end of the way we know things. Not that it will be destroyed, or say come too and end, but just they way things are done. No hand held money, taxes on web site sales.
if you think this is just more Bs thin again, from the link

Internet retailers cite a 1992 U.S. Supreme Court decision involving catalog sales, Quill Corp. v. North Dakota, which ruled that states could require only companies that had a physical presence within the state to act as tax collector.
take that tax man..oh no what this you say

To get around the ruling, some states are expanding what it means to be physically present. For example, an online retailer hiring a marketing firm or owning a subsidiary inside the state would qualify under definitions adopted in some states.
so if i work at home for one of them does that mean i have to have a state sales tax???

if this is the wrong thread for this , mods feel free to do your thing

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think people should be taxed on earnings made over the internet. (businesses)

Someone told me today that HMRC are going to do the same to people on Ebay....they (HMRC) found a guy selling cars on Ebay....he said the cars were his....he was just selling them on...turns out the guy sold over £1,000,000 worth of cars in a year. So if you sell over £2000 worth of goods in a year expect a tax bill. (or 100 items)

Of course the government want a cut of that.

Theres plenty of people who open online businesses and dont pay a penny in tax.....trading on Ebay as a shop should automatically alert the HMRC...you should pay tax on your earnings like EVERYONE else.

edit on 20-6-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: stupid K key has crumbs under it and doesnt always appear!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

but if you live in a tax free state does that mean you as a buyer in said state pay the tax('s)where the sale takes place??? or if you buy things through the net do you need a tax stamp number ??? see the implication now.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The seller is responsible for the tax as they are the ones making the profit and running the business....like if you buy something from a shop...they have paid their tax prior to you purchasing it.

Ive never heard of states....well...places where taxes arent collected??? How does that work???

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
wow i am surprised that no one is yelling like crazy for me it does not matter i never buy any thing on the net, window shop yes just to see what is out there or read the reviews. No one cares if you are taxed when buying on the web??? ok lets say the state whats to tax you 25% of the price, that includes: shipping tax, order tax, weight tax, and then the tax of the sale, will you yell then or just say no more web buying.
edit on 21-6-2011 by bekod because: text correction

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
To the person wondering about taxes...In Oregon there's no sales tax. There are still taxes on things like alcohol, cigarettes, etc I think. I heard there's a higher property taxes to make up for it, but I don't know much about that.

new topics

top topics

join