It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 and The Return of The Nine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

The second time a date is found does not mean that there are any prophecies associated with the date.

So now the date appears twice and there are no prophecies either time.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forteana
Anyone who researches for five minutes will find most of the OP's foundational theories aren't even close to accurate. I'll just take one...

----
"This is the most common one:

“At the next creation, the Bolon Yokte Ku, or Nine Support Gods, will return.”

However, the actual word “return”, sometimes translated as “descent”, is not intact on the monument. "
---

Actually, Bolon Yokte Ku was ONE god. Thus it doesn't even refer to Nine seperate Gods. His name translated means "nine OK-te god". God SINGULAR. And the meaning of OK-te isn't known, thus "support" is speculative.

Furthermore, to call that translation "loose" would be highly considerate...

You are right. It's just one god and he's the god of War.

'OK-te' (the meaning of which is unknown), and "god". Confusion in classical period inscriptions suggests that the name was already ancient and unfamiliar to contemporary scribes. He also appears in inscriptions from Palenque, Usumacinta, and La Mar as a god of war, conflict, and the underworld.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Just in case you have not seen my posts regarding this in other threads I will post here as well. This is once again merely an attempt by Mexico to increase their tourism industry. The inscriptions at Comalcalco have been known of for years. What they are claiming is a reference to 2012 is actually a Calendar Round date and not a Long Count date. The Calendar Round is the use of the 365-day Haab and the 260-day Tzolkin in tandem. This means that every 52 years the Calendar Round starts over. As a result the Calendar Round was never used to refer to dates in the distant future or past. For that the Long Count was used. While this inscription bears the same Calendar Round date as December 21, 2012, it also bears the same Calendar Round date as many other dates and the lack of a Long Count date is a large indicator that it is not referring to December 21, 2012.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
So the first channeled material that I ever came across was the Law of One / Ra Material channeled by Carla Rueckert and Don Elkins and I read that pretty much all the way through over a couple of months. That's where I had first heard about the Nine. The thing that Coppens says is that Ra is one of the nine, but Ra never explains himself to be part of the Nine and he says that only 2 people have been in contact with the Nine, from lawofone.info...

7.10 Questioner: You mentioned the nine who sit on the Council. Is this “nine” the same nine as those mentioned in this book? (Questioner gestures to Uri.)
Ra: I am Ra. The Council of Nine has been retained in semi-undistorted form by two main sources, that known in your naming, as Mark and that known in your naming as Henry. In one case, the channel became the scribe. In the other, the channel was not the scribe. However, without the aid of the scribe, the energy would not have come to the channel.

7.11 Questioner: The names that you spoke of. Were they Mark Probert and Henry Puharich?
Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

Mark Probert was channeling a being named Yada in the late '60s and only some of his stuff can be found here:www.teachers-of-light.com...

About a year later I finally got around to reading both "Briefing for the Landing on Planet Earth" and "the Only Planet of Choice" in that order. (They are both accessible online on www.bibliotecapleyades.net...)

One of the first things in the 2nd chapter of "the only planet of choice" is Gene Roddenberry asking Tom who he is,

GENE: To whom am I talking? Do you have a name?

Tom: I am Tom. I am the spokesman for the Council of Nine. In truth I am Tehuti. Yes. I am also Hamarkos, I am also Herenkar, I am known as Thomas and I am known as Atum.

GENE: Are you one of the Nine or are you a separate being?

Tom: I sit in the Council of Nine, yes. I am one that is in wisdom that speaks to you. But the Council has said that, in communications, at times I sound not wisdom Yes.

Now the first name Tom gives himself is Tehuti, which is another name for Thoth, the god of knowledge, also likened to Hermes (maybe the same dude?). The notes in the book tell us

1. Tehuti was one of the most important gods to the ancient Egyptians, and was regarded as one of the oldest. The Egyptians believed that Tehuti brought them civilisation, arts and knowledge, giving them their knowledge of building, mathematics, music, writing, surveying and astronomy. The Greeks adopted him as Thoth, who was akin to Hermes, the messenger of the gods.

Atum is the source of the name 'Tom'. Atum (Atem, Turn, Temu), is virtually the same as the well-known Egyptian god Ra [schlomo: I would disagree, as Ra is the sun god and Atum was the first God. Also Atum is later replaced by Amun and Amun gets paired with Ra, bringing about a whole different religion than that of when the Nine were on earth[/schlomo], born out of Nunu, the primeval abyss. Temu was the god who created himself and the Universe, his name meaning, approximately, 'the complete one'. Although we use the term 'he', Atum or Temu was asexual.

Atum was a member of the Ennead or Great Nine, made up of Atum. Shu, Tefnut, Gebb, Nut, Osiris, Isis, Set and Nephthys.

Harmarkos, or Re-harmakkis, and Herenkar were Egyptian metaphysical beings representing the higher or supreme self, linked to Atum. Thomas is a name which Tom first used when contacting Phyllis psychically - in order to be noticed by her, he adopted the name of her deceased grandfather, Thomas. He later corrected this when she was in a position to accept his true identity.

The thing about the Nine and Tom that I find interesting is that the Nine and the Egyptian Ennead seem very very similar, but neither Ra, nor Thoth are considered to be a part of the Ennead.

Some claim that Puharich made the Nine up and it was all led by him, but if you read the books they did a lot of stuff just for the Nine that would be way out of the way for someone to manipulate ( like flying over israel while meditating for hours?)

Not that Puharich wasn't involved in a lot of secret govt stuff to do with the CIA and Remote Viewing/ project stargate, etc.. They say that he was so good that he could put anyone in a trance and they would be able to remote view where something was, just like that. It's crazy and I feel sorry for the guy because he just died alone.

Anyway, I don't know if I went on a huge tangent or if any of this stuff is helpful but I really do like thinking about and contemplating the law of one, Ra, and the Nine. Tell me what you think

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
That was really interesting info
Thank you for posting
rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Tell me what you think

I think channeling is baloney. The funniest channeler out there is Drunvalo who has the hubrus to claim that he teaches gods better ways of doing things.

The end result is that there are no ancient prophecies associated with 2012.

There are plenty of modern claims by people making stuff up to line their wallets with the cash from the gullible.
edit on 10-12-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I can agree with that. Some channelers and "the channeled" can be way aloof and there's no telling who these beings are and what or where they come from. But I really think the exception to that is the Ra material. They go through painstaking minute details to better the contact, and it stopped after Don Elkins passed away, and the dialogue is so dense that it's definitely not something that knows the language. Plus he says "I am Ra" at the beginning of every answer. That's a little better I think than I am Salusa from sirius. Sirius A? Sirius B? You sitting on the star?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schlomo

Channelers are no different than the mediums of yesteryear. Instead of talking to your long dead uncle or spouse you talk to a voice that you do not know. The claims of channelers are made up stories from the people that do the voices. It's another type of performance art. In this case it is another form of storytelling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join