It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new underground city in iran (maybe)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The Tehran Times is reporting the discovery of a 3-story underground city:

www.tehrantimes.com.../4/2004&Cat=10&Num=12
but since the Tehran Times isn't necessarily the most reliable newspaper in the world the proverbial jury is still out on this one; it'd be cool if this report is legitimate, and not like that fake giant skeleton from pakistan awhile back. Any of the professional/semi-pro/serious amateur archeologists know anything more about this underground city? Were underground complexes relatively common in Iran in, say, the Sassanid era?

Also, if anyone has any more links or sees any other articles on this find, please post them; I think this find's relatively recent so I've been having trouble finding anything else.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by sisonek]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Even though the newspaper might not be reliable...you've gotta take into account that the "first civilizations" are believed to be in Mesoptamia, which is around the general area of Iran. So according to the theory of the "first civilizations" arising there, it is easy to believe that. It is the same as many archeologists believing that the remains of Troy are buried underground. So I wouldn't declare this as not true until we have some evidence of this. Interesting nontheless.

join