It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Locks Son In Wooden Box For Two Months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Father Locks Son In Wooden Box For Two Months

www.huffingtonpost.com

A 21-year-old Bolivian man was held captive in a homemade wooden box for two months at his home in eastern Bolivia after allegedly stealing three chickens, Reuters is reporting.

"I went out and when I came back, they were angry with me here and home," Johan Knelsen told police from inside the wooden cage, which also contained pillows and bottles he had used as a toilet. "And some people tied me up and put me in here eight weeks ago."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The family reportedly belong to the Christian Mennonite denomination, which follows a very strict interpretation of the Bible and shuns the use of technology.

Christian zealots at work again, or so it seems. His son 'is mentally ill' right? Well, I think a father who does this to his child is pretty much mentally ill himself. The story goes that instead of stealing chickens, he used a cell phone and was consequently locked away in the box.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Christian zealots at work again

I hear ya. BUT the thing here is it's not a cultural thing tied to religion. Irony no? the argument can be used in reverse.

Christian zealots like this need a one to one lesson with the barrel of a gun.

But the attempt to tie this to say, a different yet far more oppressive religion, and by comparison lessen the outrage fostered by that religions deeds... well, nah.

You'd need an entire region that has cases of these events, sans public outrage, for an equal comparison.

I hope this man suffers greatly at the hands of anyone who finds him. God himself would wish this.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

That poor kid...it's just so awful and barbaric that someone would do that to their own child. But it's not surprising...the more breeders there are, the more cases like this there will be. I wish the father of that boy would get thrown into that box for the remainder of his pathetic life.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Blame the Christians...

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You'd think that after all the crazy news we read on a daily basis, I would no longer be shocked. Not quite there yet!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Some groups of people are very anti-technology and it has nothing to do with religion. At one point in my life I was so pro-technology that I would view many atheists as anti-technology zealots. I've since moderated my position. Its almost laughable to me that you could blame a push against technology as related to the Christian Bible, which really doesn't say much of anything about technology. I mean, what verse in the Bible are people getting so upset about with regards to technology?

People blame so much on religion, but if religion wasn't the cover story for bad cultural decisions it would simply switch over to another cover story not involving any religion. And ATS members should know better with regards to war. We all should know by now religion is just a cover story for old wars and they would have happened for other reasons regardless.

If religion does fade away there won't be any notable difference in the number of wars, or will there be a difference in the number of "nutty" cultural events.

top topics

join