It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurtigruten - 134 Hour Documentary (World's Longest) - Live Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is now being shown live on Norwegian tv. The Hurtigruten coast liner, Bergen to Kirkenes, along the Norwegian coast. Live stream at this link

Hurtigruten: Minute by minute

People have travelled along the Norwegian coastline with “Hurtigruten” since 1893. The journey is known as “The World’s Most Beautiful Sea Voyage”. Now everybody can travel along in the world’s longest TV program! Spectacular fjords, midnight sun and genuine Norwegian scenery make the setting for a trip from Bergen to Kirkenes. We broadcast the whole trip live minute by minute for 134 hours!

Right now, they're heading for Rørvik. Make sure to watch when they arrive Rørvik, some 4 hours from now. I have a feeling that it will be spectacular. The live stream is at the link above. Must see! Below is a promo video, to give you an idea of what it is about. I've travelled on these ships numerous times, in all kinds of weather (storm too).

edit on Sat 18 Jun 2011 by Hellmutt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
When I and my ex-partner owned a travel agency many years ago we sold tours with Hurtigruten like crazy - mostly to American and rich Italian tourists.

So I always wanted to go on a trip but unfortunately never had the opportunity, yet! But someday I will hopefully go!

Thanks for posting the link!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Soon (within 20 minutes or so), they'll visit Torghatten. I've been inside that hole.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I've been watching it live for a while and I really want to be out to sea myself, right now!

Norway and the North is so damn beautiful this time of year, especially the midnight sun!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
They've just left Stamsund. After their next destination, Svolvær (short trip from Stamsund), they'll be at Raftsund and Trollfjord, one of the most beautiful places. Google images for "Trollfjord" and you'll see what I mean.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
They've given the passengers Trollfjord soup. Trollfjord is up next

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Did you see (and hear) when the southbound and the northbound met?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
...and did you see the 6 or 7 black helicopters flying around the ship?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It was a hit. A complete video in Full HD of the forward facing camera is available for download (free to share and remix).

Coastal steamer fantastic TV hit

A 134-hour long live broadcast of footage from the coastal steamer Hurtigruten’s cruise along the scenic coast of Norway became a major success with more than half of Norway’s population tuning in to watch.

NRK’s "minute-by-minute" coverage of MS Nordnorge’s voyage from Bergen in the southwest to Kirkenes in the northeast started on Thursday and included all on-board announcements and views from 11 cameras focusing on the spectacular fjords, boat traffic around the ship, officers on the bridge and passengers strolling the decks and taking in the scenery.

The pictures were accompanied by natural sound of the ship’s humming engines and the waves breaking against the ship’s bow.

All the footage from the forward facing camera mounted on “MS Nordnorge” is available for full HD for download via BitTorrent on NRK, and it is free for everybody to share and remix the material. NRK has even a best competition for the best mashup project based on content from Hurtigruten. The first timelapse video is already out.

But that's just the forward facing camera...

Florø - Måløy in one minute

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Here's some footage from Geiranger (one camera only).

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here's another video. Some highlights. There's a lot missing in this video, but.. anyway.... There are also some parts here that I didn't see live because I was asleep.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
134 hours in 37 minutes. Front cam only

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Deadly explosion and fire on one of the Hurtigruten ships, MS Nordlys. Now, there's a desperate fight to prevent her from sinking. Live video here.

Hundreds evacuated as Norwegian cruise ship catches fire; 2 dead, 9 injured in blaze

edit on Thu 15 Sep 2011 by Hellmutt because: Edit to add update: All firefighters have now been evacuated from the ship, as they fear that she may capsize

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Live tv: www.dagbladet.no...

She's now listing 18 degrees, and the critical point is at 20 degrees.

top topics

join