It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Of Aussie Websites Exposed In Hack Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by burntheships

Twitter link.

Thanks for the welcome. I was actually mistaken about Lulzsec having posted a TPB account. As another member pointed out it was a Mediafire link that as you can see has since been removed. I'm sure that the information will find it's way out soon enough.

Thanks for the post mate!

Yes, these games are a trick, for sure.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

One more interesting little tidbit to add about lulzsec is that the original website was registered to Adrian Lamo. Remember Adrian Lamo? He was the grey hat' that outed Bradley Manning. Interesting coincidence. The last time I looked the name of the site owner had been changed but there is plenty of proof floating around. Weird coincidence?

Oh here I found something
edit on 17-6-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

over 10 yrs ago they realised that they could store entire libraries in a single human cell... but they just couldnt ge the information back out.. if memory serves.. it was about a million 750mb cd's worth of data per human cell. (dont quote me on that .. im remembering here).

I beleive the issue was the random order in which the data bounced around within the cell.

Now.. considering DARPA have spent the past 10 years or more on this single problem to which they have probably found an answer to the riddle of data collection... there is a good chance that a private roll out is imminent.

I do not however see a public implementation near ready... certainly not within our lifetimes i dont think.

How would this work without implant? Would I have to give a sample of saliva or blood into a collection tube before logging on to my fave sites? This simply would not be accepted by the masses and they would be unable to force it as creating a private network really is not that difficult.

I just cant see this happening at all in my lifetime. .. but the introduction of costly net protection plans/contracts... i certainly can see coming soon!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

One more interesting little tidbit to add about lulzsec is that the original website was registered to Adrian Lamo. Remember Adrian Lamo? He was the grey hat' that outed Bradley Manning. Interesting coincidence. The last time I looked the name of the site owner had been changed but there is plenty of proof floating around. Weird coincidence?

Oh here I found something

That you did.

SITE = lulzsec.com
#
they ***** up with the whois so registered lulzsecurity.com instead
#
IRC SERVER = irc.2600.net
#
IRC CHANNEL = #lulzsec
#
SECRET CHANNEL = #LIFG
#

#
[WHOIS INFORMATION]
#

#
Domain Name: lulzsec.com
#

#
Registrant Contact:
#
Adrian Lamo [email protected]
#
LulzSec LLC
#
108 WEST 13TH STREET
#
Wilmington, Delaware 19801-1145
#
US
#
+1.8889201981
#

#
Administrative Contact:
#
Adrian Lamo [email protected]
#
LulzSec LLC
#
108 WEST 13TH STREET
#
Wilmington, Delaware 19801-1145
#
US
#
+1.8889201981
#

#
Technical Contact : http:///96Ck0MzQ

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
These groups aren't independent, acting on their own against governments.
They are working for and acting on behalf of governments. Probably the US government only, but who knows.

What purpose do they serve? What purpose was there in attacking Sony, now the CIA, and whatever else they've hacked into recently?

From the point of view where one would want to maintain the independence of the Internet, to maintain freedom of speech, there is no purpose in what they are doing. In fact it is counter productive.

Now, if you wanted to limit peoples abilities online, then the actions of these groups are a great coincidence.

And I think that's the point most people miss...that what these groups are doing are counter productive to efforts to maintain an independent Internet and freedom of speech.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hm isn't it strange that the more miners bitcoin keeps getting the more instances of huge hacking we see. The bitcoin network is 300x more powerful than the largest supercomputer or something like that. So I hear. I guess I'll keep mining.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Hm isn't it strange that the more miners bitcoin keeps getting the more instances of huge hacking we see. The bitcoin network is 300x more powerful than the largest supercomputer or something like that. So I hear. I guess I'll keep mining.

Yes i find this very odd... I have heard alot of talk on various IRC channel regarding a link between lulzsec and bitcoin.. but have yet to see anything to back it up.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by w3nd1g0

over 10 yrs ago they realised that they could store entire libraries in a single human cell... but they just couldnt ge the information back out.. if memory serves.. it was about a million 750mb cd's worth of data per human cell. (dont quote me on that .. im remembering here).

I beleive the issue was the random order in which the data bounced around within the cell.

Now.. considering DARPA have spent the past 10 years or more on this single problem to which they have probably found an answer to the riddle of data collection... there is a good chance that a private roll out is imminent.

I do not however see a public implementation near ready... certainly not within our lifetimes i dont think.

You may be right, and I am not certain....however DARPA just put out an RFI and its pretty much
unprecedented. IMO they seek perception acceptance.

Take a look, tell me what you think.

www.fbo.gov...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So...now lets consider wireless, shall we?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12

Now, if you wanted to limit peoples abilities online, then the actions of these groups are a great coincidence.

And I think that's the point most people miss...that what these groups are doing are counter productive to efforts to maintain an independent Internet and freedom of speech.

Yes, exactly. And lets be real "they" know perception very well. Much of what the governments do
and advance is based on acceptance by the general public.

So...if the general public accepts that cyber attacks threaten the everyday way of life, the
livelihood of men an women worldwide, they will accept the solution to the problem.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Seems like lulsec just came out of nowhere (to me anyways).. I never heard of them before until a few weeks ago, and I thought I was informed.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by InfaRedMan

On the surface I would agree...but perhaps your overlooking the timing.
Again, why now? Why not 6 months ago?

IMHO time is arbitrary. The reverse question can be asked. Why not in 2 years time? I think people would ask the same question no matter when it occurred. Everything has a time. More often than not, the worst case scenarios often played out on these boards never transpire. Please keep that in mind. Probability would suggest that this event is no different.

Again... just my 2 pennies!

IRM

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It is rather interesting that right when govt. started taking an interest in BitCoin LulzSec popped out of nowhere.

While I do see a possibility this is all somehow tied to the govt. there has always been a very vocal contingent on the various *Chans wishing to see the protesting and moral based operations of Anonymous revert back to pre Scientology raids.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

well no intended argument from me. And sure, yes this is in no way worst case scenario.
I just find it significant in that it seems part of a trend.

And trends are never what they seem...now are they?

Fashion could make a large indent into the possilbe "boredom" of this story.
Think, if the same clothes are in fashion year after year, less buy new clothes.

Hacks are all the news, the rage right now. What better way to take advantage of a trend.

We dont call them trendsetters for nothing.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
there is an interesting point of view over here;

www.protoplasmictraveler.net...

Lulz Security is in collusion with the FBI and Federal
Agencies to advocate Net Neutrality. This will become
very obvious as this thread develops. This is the same
objective as the Billionaire George Soros.

names are named and companies are tied together.

have a look.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I agree with what you say, there is a lot more to come and all of this cat and mouse nonsense is only going to make things worst.

"Please mr president do something so that we do not have to live in fear, whats, that you want my soul, please take it if that keeps us from the cyber hackers"

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Like a social security number, you will need a secure internet ID.

Or, they will just do an all in one soon, an invisible "tattoo" passive that takes care of
all of it, not visible, not seen by the naked eye.

On your forehead, or your right hand will that be?

You just made a chill run up my spine.

I`ve been watching these hacking threads in the last couple of days and was wondering if it could possibly ever lead to what you described above in the future.I`m not a techie myself and have just listened on the sidelines.

burntheships you have really peeked my interest now.

Also in the last couple of days my service provider has shut down twice that I`m aware of,something that I haven`t had trouble with in at least the past 2 years,wondering if this has to do with any of this.

edit on 17-6-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I say down with the internet and
go back to hand writing letters and waiting for things

but these days no one can actually read and write..

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
I say down with the internet and
go back to hand writing letters and waiting for things

The way I`m starting to picture this is the TPTB needs greater control over the internet before they bring in their next big step,the internet can be used as too much of a weapon of uniting people in a common cause.If governments have greater control over it,it will silence websites and people and make those who fight against a NWO one world government scenario easier to find and deal with lawfully.

Anon is making or helping this happen imo.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

No they are not. They are protesting to keep the net neutral......

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Anytime you take on a system that has control of all infrastructure as well as mass and alternative media, you will be demonized and criminalized by them. And that same system will make it near impossible to tell the good guys from the bad guys. Whichever group Anon and Lulzsec fall into is near irrelevant at this point.

If they are bad guys. They have been created to advance an agenda. And when their phase of that agenda is complete they will be scapegoats and fall guys.

If they are good guys. They have been allowed to advance their own agenda because it suits TPTB's agenda. After that, they will be made an example of, and at least some of their lives ruined.

Either way, the common people of the world lose in the end.
edit on 6/17/2011 by Klassified because: grammar

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join