It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the ultimate & most denied ever knowledge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I disagree competely. I think exactly the opposite. We know everything there is to know, we just haven't figured out how to recall it yet.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
To know something is to have faith or to believe it is true beyond any doubt. Knowledge would be the psychological result of learning the information. So to say "I know nothing", would be to lose all faith in what is true and to deny the satisfaction of being told you are correct.

Socrates was famous for pointing out that if you asked the right questions you could deduce what someone actually knows to a point that they would have to agree that they don't know anything at all.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You know nothing?

You know at least how to walk, don't you?

So this statement is false.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

i know that i know nothing, if you don't then you don't understand what is knowledge, nor learning, nor unlearning, nor perceiving.

------------------------

for those that doubt it, this thread is very serious (i love terry gilliam & his crew though); and not only a test to see the level of intelligence on this board.

leaving aside those getting the point to more or less extend (thanks kro32, squirelnutz -that points out how useless is this very post lol- , ChungTsuU -i'll remember that line-, AnotherYOU -nice pseudo-, Lovepeace20, that gives away the most important tip on the matter although getting confused with a vocabulary issue, tom.farnhill, CitizenNum287119327, juveous) we're left with the young and/or common joe that doesn't question much starting with his own mind.

to those joes, please, instead of rejecting in blockade, instead of trying to play the smart ass to defend your comforting representation of the world, please open up because you might need to consider my advice in the OP very seriously; it is a matter of death & life (of your soul, or deep inner self if you don't like the word soul)

you'd better switch off your computer, your TV, your radio, burn your newspapers, put your books in the ceiling.

And start focusing on taking deeply inside all of your inspirations. Start focusing on BEING ALIVE.

so breathe now

love

edit on 15-6-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I know that you may know nothing but formulated otherwise, what would you say?

Do you think I'm wrong if I say that, by experience, I know but don't know everything?
edit on 15-6-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

i'd say you still don't get it.

ok let's be nice.

let's try a pragmatic example not involving any kind of spirituality whatsoever : every single physic law (accepted as Truth, knowledge by the common) has a corollary that's called " approximation"; it's a second formula that calculates the probability (%) of the law to being correct when applied to a certain case/application to determinate the missing/unknown variable(s) using the (supposedly) known parameters/variables (that are, in fact, also approximations) of the case studied. Common examples are calculation of orbits from accepted gravity laws - can get fair precision but not that much; acceleration/max speed of free fall of an object-can be very precise, calculation of position of electron around the core of the atom using matter structure laws - very very imprecise etc etc etc

Guess what ? There is not ONE physic law allowing calculations of an approximation of 0 (= a probability of correctness of result of 100%)

me call it the doubt factor, the proof that we don't know $hit, that what we call "real science" is (still) a phantasm as it was when that same "real science for the mass" was saying earth was flat.

but again that's just a pragmatic, "rational to our paradigm" example, illustration; the understanding of the ultimate and most ever denied knowledge goes way deeper than that. It's personal realization that happen along the way (but not on tv or internet) but that is also really easy to forget afterward (because of tv & internet lol).

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
How can you know anything about what you create? By knowing your essentially creating what it is you know.

How about this 1 liner.

Reality is a construct of the mind.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Without putting spirituality or consciousness aside, If someone told you that true knowledge is direct knowledge as opposed to indirect intellectual knowledge, what would be your reaction?
edit on 16-6-2011 by D1ss1dent because: typo

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

i'd say hey man, Truth is absolute, directions are relative.

<< 1   >>

join