It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Happy Retirement For Anne, The Abused Circus Elephant!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have been searching for an update on Anne, who we all saw being cruelly treated by her Romanian groom, and I am extremely pleased to discover she has been handed over to Longleat Safari Park in Wiltshire UK, and has been there since April

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Jonathan Cracknell, director of animal operations at Longleat, in Wiltshire, said: ‘Anne was absolutely fine on the trip. She is settling in well and is very curious and already exploring her new home.

‘Her condition is improving all the time and she is responding well to pain relief and can walk much better than she previously could.’

A coalition of animal welfare groups came together to help rehome Anne, the oldest elephant in Europe.

She will now live in an enclosure with a herd of rhinos and will have the run of a 13-acre paddock, meadows and water pools if her arthritis allows.

Everyone is overjoyed that Anne is safe and we shall look forward to her having a bright future in her final years,' he said.

'Longleat is a place of safety for her while she is assessed on whether she should move somewhere where she will have more contact with other elephants.'

Longleat had spent the week since the footage's release bringing a large disused elephant enclosure into use. Anne will be placed under round-the-clock observation for at least a week by a team of three keepers. It is hoped she will be on view to the public in due course.

I bet she thinks she has gone to heaven bless her

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
That is wonderful news!

Especially after being abused all that time... what a great turn of events.

new topics

join