It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO attacks Libyan University

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

More Libyan civilians have reportedly been killed and injured after a NATO airstrike hit a university in the capital, Tripoli.

Source

At this point everyone is aware of the fact that this war doesn't revolve around saving civilian lives, or humanitarian causes. This is the reason why many have started discussing and or debating the actual reason.

Some have argue that it revolves around the Libyan attempt to push for a new and powerful currency which would counter the Dollar and Euro. (Libya and Gaddafi's Gold Currency)

Other argue that it revolves around Libya's complete independent banking system. (libya war - not oil, but banking, currency, gold)

Others argue that it revolves around Libya's refusal to join AFRICOM. (AFRICOM and the Libya War)

Others argue that it revolves around the Libyan anti-Imperialist revolutionary regime, the rebels are CIA pawns trained, organized and financed by CIA for decades, and the same rebels attempted to topple the same revolutionary regime in the past, but failed, this time the rebels tried again, but since they were failing, the US came in to save its asset. (Libya: The Djava Khalifa Haftar movement, whose founding leader is reportedly a soldier named Khalifah Haftar, who currently in exile in the United States (May 2006))

No matter what the reason behind this war, it seems it is being prolonged, but slowly and gradually "NATO is deliberately and mercilessly executing a campaign to comprehensively impair the Libyan government's ability to function in any capacity - including providing safety and services to its citizens - in a brutal attempt to convince the population that any alternatives, even the fragmentation of the country and foreign domination and occupation, are superior to continuing to resist an endless reign of terror from the skies". (Libya surrender or face death destruction and fatal wounding)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Photographic Evidence

Breaking News: PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE: NATO Bombed Libya's Nasser University

Some of the photos are extremely graphic so be aware.

Readers are informed in advance that the photographic evidence that follows is disturbing.

These photographs were taken by Mohammed Al-Alam, a student at Nasser University. The photographs were directly forwarded to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

I caught this a couple of days ago on Global Research. I have tried to find a statement from NATO or the US armed forces in Libya, but have been unable to. I can't find even a hint of this report in the mainstream media.

This needs to be shared. This needs to be posted to facebook, myspace, tweeted, put on bumper stickers, talked about at work, at school, with friends, put on advertising boards at your highschool, college, etc. We need to call our local news stations and insist that they report on these issues. The American People are complicit in this through their ignorance of what this country does to innocent people all over the world, every single day. Truth needs to be spread liberally so people can make a decision based on facts and not the sterilized and spun version we're presented with.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Libyan war illegal after 5 days

It would appear that in five days, the administration will be in violation of the War Powers Resolution unless it asks for and receives authorization from Congress or withdraws all US troops and resources from the mission (in Libya), Boehner said in a letter on Tuesday.

Boehner, a Republican, asked Obama to explain the legal grounds for further operations in Libya by Friday, June 17, Reuters reported.

The 1973 War Powers Resolution provides that US armed forces cannot remain in military actions over 60 days-with a further 30-day withdrawal period-- without getting consent from the Congress.

Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/befa784d7281.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 15-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Just another countries civilians receiving "HELP"...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
We should pull out of NATO once and for all. Libya did not attack the US or anything at all.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Whole Family raped and then killed by CIA pawns

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
1. CIA financed and organize the rebels for as long as two decades:

"the Haftar force, created and financed by the CIA in Chad, vanished into thin air with the help of the CIA shortly after the Hissène Habré government was overthrown [in 1990 (IRIN 19 Apr. 2006)] by Idriss Déby" (see also The Washington Post 26 Mar. 1996). A report published by the Congressional Research Service (CRS) on the Web site of the Federation of American Scientists (FAS) notes that in 1996 the main opposition group in Libya was the Libyan National Salvation Front (LNSF), founded in 1981 and headed by Muhammad Al-Muqaryif (CRS 19 Dec. 1996). Its military wing is known as the Libyan National Army and is headed by Colonel Haftar (ibid.; see also The Washington Post 26 Mar. 1996).

The Washington Post reported on 26 March 1996 that, according to some sources, Colonel Haftar was the leader of the Libyan National Army, a group of counter-revolutionaries supported and trained by the United States and operating in Libya.

www.unhcr.org...

Now, if decades of planning according to you is poor planning, then I don't know what good planning is.

The massive coordinated attack against the Libyan Revolutionary regime by almost all major media networks was a magnificent plan, and doesn't look poorly planned to me.

I mean just look at this video, it shows "Pro-Revolutionary Regime Demonstrators" being shot at, but the media including Al-Jazeera shows half of the video, and claims that pro-revolutionary forces were shooting at peaceful protesters.

This is nothing, let's not forget about the original mass media mis/dis-information, the coordinated attack was planned, if it wasn't, why would the media publish the claims of Mercenaries shooting innocent people excessively without any investigation, and then the media's silence when HR investigation found no Mercenaries.

The war's detailed planning is disgusting, just watch this video, a black Libyan soldier was captured and labeled a Mercenary, brutally beaten then hanged in public. An interview was conducted with the man's family, once again the media was silent, obviously means planned and coordinated propaganda attack against Libya. Also the video shows brutal torture and confessions under torture. These videos are widely accessible in the Internet, but the media is insanely silent.

I'm disgusted that someone would claim this terrorism was planned poorly. This was planned by a serial terrorist, planning for decades to cause such terror, destruction and horror.

These days I can't stop shaking my head at the world.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

The Qaddafi rape propaganda lies

Mr Jamal, the UNHCR’s emergency co-ordinator for Libya, says it has not so far uncovered evidence that rape has been used as a weapon of war, although it has seen evidence of individual instances of rape throughout the country.
“We have also seen evidence that would seem to suggest that rape has been carried out by both sides, but we cannot say on what scale,” he says.

Full Article

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
yep lies lies and more lies and we end funding this bs rebels who are killing and raping while we drop bombs all over inocent civilians...

Wish we'd finally start waking up en masse and kick these leaches out of power..

but like greece and the rest we wont wake up until our lives are a living hell and its far too late to undo the damage.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Min. Farrakhan's Full Press Conference on US, NATO attack on Libya (June 15, 2011)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

NATO warplanes kill 7 Libyan civilians

A NATO airstrike has targeted houses in Libya, leaving at least seven civilians killed in eastern Tripoli as the Western warplanes continue their air offensive against the country, government officials say.

Source

edit on 19-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
yeah i understand

top topics

join