It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

important cattle mutilations question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
this is an important question that i need answered in order to disprove the perdator/scavenger theory and that is what is the average length of time betwen when the cow was seen alive and when the mutilated body was discovered. this would help rule out scavengers, because i have seen m,ultiple shows where they would leave dead cows out and show that after a few days bugs,flys ang maggots combined with bloating would create openings similar to the cut wounds on the cattle. but most of the trest showed this took place over at least a day and a half-two days (one even took a total of ten) before anything similar to reported mutilations occured. so that is why i am asking if anyone here knows how long does it normaly take for a rancher to discover a mutilation.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well there are alot of variables there. For example: How large is the ranch (number of cattle, ranch hands, acres, etc...)? These things would have a bunch to do with it.

If it is a small ranch...lets say 50 head...mom and pop ranch then I would expect that a cow/steer/bull would be noticed pretty quickly. On the other hand if it is a large beef producing ranch...say 50,000 head...well then it may never be discovered.

That is if I am understanding your question right.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Actually, I've come to find the total lack of predator activity or the expected insect presence to be a sign that is found over and over again in 'legitimate' mutilation cases. It's like some of the odd signature 'damage' or lack there of is found in the more mysterious crop circles but lacking in the ones humans admit to have hoaxed.

By the way, in terms of time, the better known cases seem to generally run over night for discovery. Perhaps that is a big part of what makes them the easiest and most note worthy to find in searching for information.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This page here, on mutilations,, shows the time frame and explained within hours in that case.

March 10 / 97 4:00 PM: In one of the most rapid turn-around times in NIDS investigative history, two NIDS scientific investigators and a veterinarian were standing over the dead calf only a few hours after receiving the call from the rancher...source

Many cases, I believe, the cattle are found the next day or so, when the ranchers and owners wonder where the animals are.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

of corse it would depend on the kind of place, most of the time i would assume lees cows, so that a missing one would go noticed

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I don't know about the average rancher, however I have an ex in law that lived in the San Luis Valley in Colorado. He had several 40 acre plots in many places. Every day before sunrise he would get in his Toyota truck and go to feed and check on the cattle. The cattle would graze in the 40 acre plots but he would supplement with hay bales too. Also, he was real proud of having about 200 head, and branded each himself when they were old enough. This guy could tell you how many cattle he had and the approximate age of each to within the day they were each born. He took good care of his cattle and noticed anything within 12 hours as he would head out in the late afternoon to check on them again. He made a lot of money because his cattle were "Organically" certified. He carried a little black book and wrote everything he did to them too, vaccinations, cleaning wounds, date branded, etc. I'll tell you what too, he told me some hair raising stories about seeing ufo's on his land. Said he even shot at them a couple of times. His oldest son helped him and verified everything his dad had said. The locals used to call him BS's with bears. But with the censored word for BS. He is a firm believer in God, Catholic, and an honest man.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

thtas what iassumed the time would probably be. which if it is a day pr less than it would reduce the possiblity of predator/scavenger

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Okay...well if your assuming "less cows" then I will too!

Just trying to help myself understand what you were asking!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by d4ng3rm0u53
The locals used to call him BS's with bears. But with the censored word for BS. He is a firm believer in God, Catholic, and an honest man.

.....yeah cause people generally give a nickname like "BullSh*ts With Bears" to the kind of guy who is known for his honesty!!!

......sorry no offense to your story, but that just struck me as funny.

edit on 12-6-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: I had a reason...a good one too

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I don't know what the statics are.

Linda Moulton Howe would likely have those:

www.earthfiles.com...

I know a LOT of discoveries have been made within 24 hours. I'd GUESS 80-90% of them were made within 24 hours.

Some have been made within 1-4 hours.

Authentic cattle mutilations

ARE WHOLESALE AVOIDED BY PREDITORS AND INSECTS . . . with very rare exceptions. Often for many months or even a year or more.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

thanks for the link i forgot about looking for her website
and i know a case where a man found his cow with two broken legs, went back to his house to get a blankent for it came back lost the cow, twently minutes later he saw it again with all its legs broken and shot it to end its misery.
but i was trying to find average times becuase cases like this are rare

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Yea, it is funny. But he got the nick name because he was out in a field cutting the grass and he was unaware that there was a bear walking behind him by about 5 yards. A guy driving by saw that he was not aware of his situation and stopped and motioned to him to come here. His tractor was loud enough that he would not have heard much. The rancher that waved him over was a Navaho and had cattle of his own. The story was told in town and the Indian guy said something to the effect. Well from where I was driving it looked like he was talking to somebody, (Buddy liked to sing) then I saw the bear. So, I said to myself, Look at Buddy, he's over there BS'n with bears. The nick name stuck. Small town humor.
edit on 12-6-2011 by d4ng3rm0u53 because: forgot a had...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by d4ng3rm0u53

Ha Ha! Great story.....Nice to know too...little bits of info like that help add credibility to the story, if for no other reason than explaining why he has such a.....'unique'....nickname!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I know one thing for sure, Buddy would tell me that sometimes they would find one to three head mutilated like somebody carved them on an operating table. No blood near the animal and no footprints of any kind. He said it looked like the animal had been vacuumed out. But there were still parts there, like they only wanted some pieces. He said that sometimes the cattle would look spooked and he'd look around for another one that was cut up.
I would believe anything that man said, unless he was laughing after he said it. Here's an article from 2008 that tells a little about Buddy. www.denverpost.com... He even had a fight against an ex-Enron executive and won regarding access to forest land. www.npr.org...
edit on 12-6-2011 by d4ng3rm0u53 because: add link for Taylor ranch article

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Actually, I've come to find the total lack of predator activity or the expected insect presence to be a sign that is found over and over again in 'legitimate' mutilation cases. It's like some of the odd signature 'damage' or lack there of is found in the more mysterious crop circles but lacking in the ones humans admit to have hoaxed.

By the way, in terms of time, the better known cases seem to generally run over night for discovery. Perhaps that is a big part of what makes them the easiest and most note worthy to find in searching for information.

Yup this is true, in the fbi files on cow mutilation 2 things stand out.

1. No predator activity on the animal corpse at all.

2. The apperance of punture marks along the back or around the animals lower leg area along with one side typicaly being smashed and loose hair around the body.

In the fbi's files it says it led them to the theory whatever is doing it is picking them up from above (like a kid's claw machine) taking them to a remote area to do the mutilation then returning to the abuduction sight and dropping the animal from height.

They were only allowed to investigate animal mutilations on Indian reservation's, and the mutilations were of several animals(horses,sheep,dogs) not just cattle. Some were old bodies and some went from last seen dead to fbi on site within 18hrs.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
From what I've heard, scavengers and insects won't touch mutilated cattle for some reason. The only other instance I've read of that involves animals passing up a free meal is that most animals will avoid GM foods. Supposedly if you put out to samples of food, one GM and the other natural, the animals eat the natural one and don't touch the GM food.

So I'm wondering of these mutilated cows have been genetically modified in some way.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hope this thread is not dead. I am not an expert by any means but have been involved in a couple of mutilations and I am very interested in this topic.
In the seventies we leased a farmhouse on a small,800acre, ranch.I was a stay-at-home mom so the owner of the ranch paid me to water his cattle and feed them hay during the winter. My sons and I also kept the fences in good shape for him.
A couple of the neighbors had mutilated cattle. I saw I think three.
My husband's job was about 80 miles from the house so he left before sun-up and got home after sun-down. We were waiting for Dad and we heard what sounded like a diesel truck just running close to our house.My eldest son and I went out on the porch looking for a truck but saw nothing.
The next morning when the kids were getting on the bus they saw a cow laying next to the pasture fence. I walked over and she had been mutilated.
I called the sheriff and the owner of the ranch. There was no blood, no eyes, rectum had been removed, tongue was cut out and also her inner ear. She didn't smell like fresh kill. There was an odor like medicine that got in your eyes and throat and burned.
these cattle were raised as close to nature and they could be.If they were sick or hurt they were taken care of but no implants and hormones.
I watched this cow for about a week and no flies or bugs would come near.Birds would swoop down but fly off at least ten feet above her.Coyotes walked way around her.
I don't think I have ever heard anyone talk about that medicine smell. It was faint but potent.
The owner of the ranch was adamant that he would find out what was doing this and camped out for a week with a camera.
Called all happy and said he knew what was going on and would be down in a day or two to talk with us.
They found him two weeks later tied in his vehicle. He was still alive but died on the way to the hospital.
His camera was with him but the film was gone.
We later moved to my father-in-law's ranch. He had close to 80,000 acres in the mountains. Never found a mutilated cow there but this was rough terrain and we missed some every year at roundup.
I wonder if the truck sound had anything to do with the cow?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Is this about cattle getting involved in a chip headed conspirisy?

new topics

top topics

join