It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bye-Bye bidets! US troops leaving Saddam palaces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Bye-Bye bidets! US troops leaving Saddam palaces

www.msnbc.msn.com

Available soon: nine palaces in lakeside complex frequented by visiting kings and dictators, beautiful molded ceilings and light fixtures, many bidets, Saddam Hussein mural and former prison cell. As is, with Tomahawk missile damage. Contact: U.S. Army.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sounds like a real estate ad. Are we selling it? Do we own it, I wonder? After all it's paid for in blood, ours, theirs, and whoever else got in the way. It is a pretty impressive piece of real estate though, Bel-Air doesn't have very much that is comparable.

It will leave behind probably some of the most elaborate, some would say tacky, office spaces ever used by American soldiers, sailors or Marines.

"It has gorgeous ceilings and chandeliers, but we use it like a regular office building albeit with a lot more marble," Melnyk said.

The troops do not mind climbing three floors just to use the massive bathroom — 12 sinks in one room alone. The bidets are used to store toilet paper.

So, are we selling it to the highest bidder? Giving it away to our favorite Iraqis? Or are we simply giving it up, walking away? I bet we put some of our own money fixing up the place, you and me with our tax dollars. Perhaps that was just pay for boarding our troops and office space for the General and staff. Hope we weren't too hard on the place, been in it for years.

The U.S. military has made many improvements to the palaces it has occupied — smoke detectors, new wiring, upgraded plumbing. Interiors have become cubicled office space and machines clean the floors at Al Faw.

The security agreement governing the withdrawal, however, does not require the U.S. to fix any damage it has caused to these buildings.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-6-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
why does the u.s. think it's entitled to any reimbursement. no-one asked them to invade iraq. i'm pretty sure the hundreds of thousands of people who died, or lost loved ones would rather have them back on this earth and saddam in charge than the u.s.'s "freedom"

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
silly me i remember the news screaming that we left iraq months ago if not years ago.

how are we leaving something that we already left?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Doesn't matter. A part of our communication system and satellite MidEast "HUB" is permantly moving into their new headquarters.

Looks pretty strong too.

Have a look.
iraq.usembassy.gov...
NICE Presentation

Was it expensive?
www.foxnews.com...
Most expensive embassy ever built in history.

We're NEVER leaving Iraq.. just shifting the wording about being there.

I call Bu*l***t

top topics

join