It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weiner brought down by Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Assuming you meant that he was brought down by his comments on Israel, you raise an interesting point. Didn't know about the Blago... Bank of America thing. Would also include Strauss-Kahn in this and note that these 3 incidents happened in the U.S. The behaviors were probably ongoing and something precipitated their coming 'out.'

Sometimes it's hard for me to differentiate between manufactured stories so that we will 'look here and not see there' and, as you point out, a diss to the wrong people or something said out of school.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Lying about one's own private life isn't a crime.

Weiner is being "brought down" because the American public is scared to death of penises. Simple as that.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Like pestilence, one of the horsemen of the apocalypse, which is the wind that carries information, be it truth or lie...there is a pestilence for the ears and eyes as well. Lies persist forever and the truth disappears as soon as it's spoken. Whether you understand this or not is not really the issue at this moment...the issue is that she (he) 'walks in beauty like the night.' I say these things not by permission or right of authority but by duty of conscience.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

You messed it up. He actually always supported Israel and he is still in Office because of it.
Who else would still be in office after such a stint?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wiener was brought down by his wiener. Period. Blagovitch was brought down by himself. The only pattern I see here is one that people who are in power think they can do whatever they wish, and finding out that they can't

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

The only pattern I see here is one that people who are in power think they can do whatever they wish, and finding out that they can't

I believe this statement properly sums up all of the trouble these politicians find themselves in. Whether it's Weiner or Arnie, Clinton or Blago, and the list could go on for 100 pages.

The thing they all have in common is that they believe they do not have to answer to anyone. They find themselves in power and believe that with that power comes an entitlement to whatever they see. That can be money, women, more power... whatever the specific case.

In each situation you'll see a person (elected by the people, mind you) who believes that his position has entitled him to be given what he wants and genuinely believes that due to his position he is doing nothing wrong.

When it comes crashing down you can usually see the disbelief on their faces. Not guilt... disbelief that they were caught.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Atta, you are right on target. The ego in these people is so big that they really believe they are immune to any criticism. This guy should be charged for something. The resources that he's wasted perpetuating his denial of perverted behavior should be reason enough to put him in jail. If I did what he did my life would be ruined, so what makes him immune to prosecution? In the private sector the percentage of perverts is probably a fraction of what it is in the cesspool called Washington. This is another glaring example of the need for term limitation. Career politician. The two dirtiest words I know.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join