It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Ingredient Ice Cream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It takes only 5 ingredients to make this fabulously creamy ice cream. Before freezing, you can also add crushed biscuits, nuts, chocolate chips, coconut or any other of your favourites!

if anyone needs a metric converter for the recipes you will find one here - www.worldwidemetric.com...

Ingredients

125ml (4 1/2 fl oz) cold milk
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1 (405g) tin sweetened condensed milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
475ml (16 fl oz) double cream

Preparation method

1. In a medium bowl, stir together cold milk, vanilla, condensed milk and salt. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, beat double cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold milk mixture into whipped cream.

3. Pour into shallow 2 litre dish, cover and freeze for 4 hours, stirring once after 2 hours or when edges start to harden. Serve or store in an airtight container up to 10 days.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Haagen Dazs has a line of 5 ingredient ice creams:

www.haagen-dazs.com...

Though their regular flavored chocolate also has only 5 ingredients, the ingredients are in a different order with the cream being the most abundant:

www.haagen-dazs.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Wonderful recipe...I am going to try it.....by (biscuit's)....do you mean (cookies)? I just may have this for dessert tomorrow. I assume it would be alright to add cocoa too for a chocolate blend?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by ronishia

Wonderful recipe...I am going to try it.....by (biscuit's)....do you mean (cookies)? I just may have this for dessert tomorrow. I assume it would be alright to add cocoa too for a chocolate blend?

yup adding those stuff is fine aswell, could also add all sorts of fruits etc works great

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thank's OP, has anyone outside of New Zealand ever experienced Orange Chocolate Chip before ? To die for !

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wasnt trying to promote Haagan Dazs in the above post (could care less about them). Just illustrating that 5 ingredient ice cream is out there, its being mass produced and is absent of the chemical ingredients with names we cant pronounce.

Of-course making your own ice cream should be much more healthy and cost effective.

new topics

top topics

join