It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Solve the Global Water Shortage By Melting Icebergs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I am sorry to burst your little bubble, but Greenland was significantly warmer during medieval period as well as earlier periods of this holocene interglacial. During this time there has been no significant changes in sea level.
jonova.s3.amazonaws.com...

Yes, it has warmed a bit over the last decades, but that is mainly because of recovery from the little ice age and probably also because we have been experiencing the strongest solar cycles since about 8500 years ago.
edit on 10-6-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by Cohort
I thought "Global Warming was going to melt it all" sarcasm

Actually we are coming out of an iceage so all glaciers should be gone in a few hundred more years. According to the cycle we will have no ice caps for awhile until the next ice age comes around again. No scientist can debate that the earth is warming quicker than past historical trends but the debate lies in what effect that may have. Some say that the global temps might remain too high for major ice to form again unless we get it under control while others say it will have zero effect.

Alot of disagreement about that part.
edit on 10-6-2011 by kro32 because: added more

But sadly we are the end of the interglacial right now based on the average length and orbital parameters of earth.
The average temperature over the last thousands of years have dropped steadily as well and the coldest period since younger dryas was probably the little ice age. The next ice age could hit within the next decades or the next thousands of years. When it happens it is nearly like flipping a switch and temperature will drop dramatically in just over 20 years.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

No bubble burst. You have to understand that Ice reflects and water absorbs. It has nothing to do with ambient air temp. What it has to do with is the temperature of the melted ice absorbing the Suns rays. In your little search did you happen to look up melt-lakes? My research is over 20+ years in the making on this subject. You didn't bother to read my report did you? Thanks anyway.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join