It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blink and you might miss it! Very important thread... Please read.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Occasionally I'll read through a thread and hear some wild speculation about coming doom and TS hitting TF and always lurking are the one or two level headed folk ready to pounce and apply reason and common sense. More specific of what I'm talking about, is the dreams/ prediction forum when an OP will explain the events that take place in the wonderful land of z's and somehow apply it to "what will happen tomorrow". Then they will be swiftly informed that they're probably hitting the ATS forums a bit too frequently and should take 5.

I personally have experienced dreams of a predictive nature and have always attributed it to what these level headed folk suggest. It just seems the logical explanation. After these experiences I'll distance myself from the forums for a week or so and the dreams cease. Come back and so do the dreams. Kinda pinpoints the origin of such dreams don't you think?

Anyway, tonight after dinner as I was getting my two young kids cleaned up and ready for bed, my 1 yo boy came up to me and said "daddy, daaaddddddyyyyy! Poos!" as he pointed to his nappy, then turned and ran to the usual change spot, layed down and awaited salvation (sorry for the detail). As I proceeded to play my fatherly role I began counting to ten as this distracts my boy from squirming and effectively creating another load of washing. For the first time after saying nine and pausing (hoping he'd finish for me) he blurted out "10!" I was so proud.

Also earlier this afternoon I asked my 4 yo daughter what she would like to do this weekend and she told me that she "wants me to build her a tower and put a princess in it." So naturally I said "well sweetie, you are a princess so we don't need another" to that she replied.. "No daddy. She has to be a small princess and the tower can have a window at the top for her to look out of!". I thought to myself how I would need more Lego to pull this off but my whole enticement for her to make a suggestion for the weekend was to get out of the house so I clarified that for her and she pondered. All of a sudden she had a thought... "How bout we look at the stars?" What a great idea so that's our plan come night time.

I began thinking just now, how precious these moments in life are and how they can so easily be taken for granted. I began remembering past quirky things the kids did once upon a time and retrieved so many fantastic moments from the last few years, things I'll never forget.

Sometimes I spend so much time on ATS or other sites or worrying about life issues etc that I wouldn't even notice the 5 second cameos from the kids and now I'm wondering, is all this nonsense worth it?
I mean, as I stated earlier in the OP, this stuff takes over your sleeping hours if you think about it too much. I'd much rather be dreaming of a funny moment with my kids.

If doom is on the horizon, in the form of an apocalyptic comet or a poleshift or massive earthquake etc there is sweet fcuk all we can do about it, so why worry. Get the most out of the time you have left and die knowing you've led a good life and even better that you've spent your days being with your families and friends and made life that much better for them also. If we are to be horribly crushed from above somehow, I guarantee everyone of you that takes these seemingly little events in life for granted, mark my words. Your last moments will be excruciating as the doom inside your head will evaporate and be replaced with sorrow of how you coulda lived a better life and helped someone else you love dearly enjoy theirs even more to.

I urge each and every member on this website to take the time to see what's truly important in life. Society may be fake but everything that happens amongst the ones we love is so very real. Cherish it while you can as these are the few remaining real moments of ones life.

Who knows, one day soon some harbinger of dream doom may actually get it right and with the ignorant attitude we sometimes give toward the special things in life, so prominent at times, a simple thing like "10!" or "let's look at the stars" well all I can say is........

BLINK, AND YOU MIGHT MISS IT!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have absolutely nothing to add. You are spot on!
2nd

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
"The meaning of life" is what this is all about. It's about the journey and the kind of people we become. It's about turning from self-centeredness to other-centeredness, empathy, and finding balance between convictions and consideration of others.

As a Christian, these qualities matter because I see this life as a testing ground and a place to choose one's eternal destiny. People object to our evangelization but never stop to think of our motivation: to make a difference in another person's eternal destination, to convince them to choose wisely, because we don't want anyone to spend eternity apart from God. This isn't ego or control but love and concern for others. Granted many, in great zeal, go about it the wrong way, but on the other hand many consider mere disagreement or expression of conviction "mean". We cannot control reactions, but only know our own hearts. I only know why I do what I do, not why others do what they do.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yep, I get where your coming from. I try to get off all media 2 or 3 times week. Take a breather. I start my new job next week so I am sure that will go a long way to cutting down my time here. But I do like reading the threads, some entertain, some educate me and some, well, they make my head explode.

I've taken to putting a kitchen timer on, just so I don't spend all day here. But some days, ATS allows me to stay mentally active as all my projects have been done.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TOMFROMOZ

Two months before the Feb. 28, 2001 earthquake happened in Seattle......I had a very specific dream that we were going to have an earthquake and everyone needed to prepare. So...I called up my friends and told them.....I anchored everything that could fall in my apartment.....and went about my daily business....but knew this was going to happen.

The morning the quake did happen I had just been home for about 20 minutes (from a coffee outing).....afterwards my friends started calling me and asked...what else do you know?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So this is your exit speech from ATS huh? You are right tho, but still we go to sites like this to be informed of whats coming so we can be prepared to save our loved ones, so they are interconnected

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You're awesome!! I so needed to read this right now!!

I too am an ats addict, my profile will tell you I am a newbie but truth is I was a member before but had to step away for a moment!! I suffer with panic attacks, not the go away in a minute kind, but the kind that make you tense for days and screw up all your muscles and general wellbeing, make you feel like everything is depressing and leave you exhausted for days!! I had a bout of it this week and I was literally panicing about the state of the world and what we will do if things go t's up etc!!

I have a beautiful baby son who is 5 months old and I am so in love with him, no matter how bad I feel just a little cuddle from him makes everything better, so I completely get where you're coming from!

Its so hard when you are aware of certain things but there is little you can actually do to change them, and watching from the side lines is just as heart breaking. If everyone loved each other as best they could and cared more and shared more and tried to do as much good in this world as possible then maybe we wouldnt feel so lost and things wouldn't be so out of control!

It's tough on your mind having knowlege with no action plan at the end of it, but maybe living more in the here and now isn't such a bad idea!

So here's to you friend, and anyone else reading this who feels that helpless woe and worry, maybe we are doomed, maybe things are coming to a close and maybe the sun will explode, but don't forget it's still shining today, and todays experiences are tomorrows memories and what would life be without those!! x In all honesty whatever is to come I truly believe it is not an ending but a new begining and we sure could use one of those!!

love to all of ya x SJ x

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ruffagii

No not at all as some of my friends reside here and not every thread is doom and gloom (which I vowed to steer clear of) I have recently moderated my visits here and only visit once or twice a week after the kids go to bed. While I have a chance to spend time with them or anyone else important to me, they're always first choice.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TOMFROMOZ

i dont have any children to share such moments with, thankfully, and i'm glad that you have realised what's most important to you, but don't preach brother, you take your road, i'll take mine.

top topics

join