It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily economic briefings disappear from Obama's White House schedule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Daily economic briefings disappear from Obama's White House schedule

thehill.com

At some point during the first two years of his administration, President Obama stopped receiving the daily economic briefing that he requested when he took office.

“The president asked that this be added every day to his schedule,” Gibbs said at the time. Gibbs added that Obama believed it is “important that each day he receive the most up to date information as it relates to the economy.”

But at some point, the daily economic briefings stopped showing up on Obama's daily schedule.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I guess this is like leaving the stadium in the 4th quarter when your team is down by 28. This administration has absolutely no clue how to fix the economic situation the country is facing and now it would appear that they are even giving up the appearance of granting the issue a level of urgency.

A daily "economic briefing" is silly in the first place, as there is little that happens, let alone that the POTUS can do about it with information that is by definition absent serious analysis, but to take it off the agenda, once he made it a priority to have on the agenda is another example of foolishness on the part of the administration.

What a daily meeting does is create a sense of urgency about the topic in question. It keeps focus on and ensures that the topic in question is an absolutely high priority. These meetings only need to be 15 minutes long.

Obama knows that the one trick pony he has which is printing a ton of more cash is not going to fly past the Republican House, hence he has no hand to play. His little gamble with stimulating the economy has not worked and now there is little he can do that will have a meaningful impact by the next election.

The gent's economic strategy and policies have been an abject failure and it would now appear that other than giving stump speaches about the administrations achievements, he's given up the ghost on the entire business.

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
the statement from obama saying he wanted to see the Econ. breifing was just a show, now that the show is over he can begin the planned economic collapse of our country no need for a briefing they know whats going on.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Why should they be forced to lie on a daily basis when once a month or so will do?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Maybe he is now operating under the principle "out
of sight, out of mind" ?

edit on 6/6/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
LOL Just wait till the Obama supporters show up to this thread. LOL
I don't think folks get it Obama NEVER intended to fix the economy, or even try for that matter. He is Bushes Third Term.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I could be wrong but he appointed a whole commission of business leaders and Czars to take over this task and report to him monthly or something. Is that right? I could have sworn I watched something about this, handing over the reigns of the economy to a bunch of business leaders to help guide the nation.

new topics

top topics

join