It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pop Culture: Relative Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Pop Culture: Relative Reality
Perfection Symbolised, Perception Adjusted.

Who wonders what is perfect, or rather lets say normal? Is it the crazy person looking in, or is it the “sheeple” who subscribe to pop culture? Well the truth inhabits a gray area, and these two sides of an important process are both extremes. This process, is called perception. Some will argue that, they are correct, and the other is lying, or worse “spreading disinformation.” Others will make the argument of “that's what they (the powers that be) want us to think.” Henceforth one is forever deemed a little out there, whilst the other walks off with a gait full of intelligence and knowledge. Is this real knowledge that they carry upon their backs with a level of machismo so high testosterone doesn't even know where it came from; or are they theory's based off of incomplete study?

If you consider all the things we don't know, it would surely account for more than we do know. This is due to almost everything being an unknown. So many scientific laws, are touted as absolute fact, when it is really a relative truth. It may seem that it is a fact, but that would be potentially egotistical of us, no? Do we really believe that, we as homo sapien, are the pinnacle of knowledge? Or, that we have the ability to measure everything accurately? Furthermore, what is needed for a person to attempt to measure something is thought.

Whether audible or not, we all speak entirely too much. The term speak including our thoughts as well. We know that in order to attempt to measure something, we need to conduct some form of conscious thinking. But where does thought begin? Does it occur when what we consider to be a conscious thought scrambles in from left field into the brain? Or does it make readings and analysis before forming a conscious response? Of course, our brains process all sorts of signals from our external sensory body parts, but are these part of thought? We tend to not consciously think about these senses, unless that Fillet Mignon happens to bring you to your knees. If you burn yourself on the stove, is your first thought the conscious “ouch”, or is it the response to pull your hand away? You see, what we consider thought occurs after our Brain processes the information as it is relative to our senses. We cannot understand things which we cannot perceive. If we cannot perceive it, does it not exist? Of course it does.

With that established, we can look at a society full of these perceptions. A society very much enthralled by the likes of Jersey Shore, American Idol, Lady Gaga, ect. On the surface, these things are just entertainment. What is entertainment to one person, is a mind control mechanism to another. These are both perceptions, and both have their reasons why they believe their story. Unfortunately, “Its not a black and white world, to be alive the colors must swirl” (Live, beauty of gray), so while we are all thinking of our perceptions, others are doing the same; thus leaving no room for the grey area of life.

We are what we surround ourselves with. As a society, Pop Culture shapes generations. Take a moment to factor in the invention of the Internet & Television. With all of the information that is broad-casted to each viewer, it is irrational to assume it has no bearing on our perceptions, especially the easily influenced. So we see the examples of Disney movies with subliminal sexual innuendos and we see Jersey Shore rewarding a bunch of people for partying, drinking, possessing a deep state of materialism, & being judgemental upon others for self gratification; and yet we think this is not going to be what the viewers are influenced by? Do we not think the younger generations are going to see this and believe thats how the world is? Is this the path we want to follow as a society? This is what we will do, if we think it is funny, cool, or “in”. We see these people who are supposedly just like us, but lucky enough / talented enough / brave enough / pretty enough to be on these “reality” television shows. Society, collects data on this new awesome show that shows really interesting people doing really interesting things that older generations would have censored off the airwaves. This becomes the topic of subconscious desire, after absorption of television “programing”. Soon general population (mostly younger generations), grasps hold and thinks its normal, and it may be. It may be normal if you believe in the morals of whatever programs broadcast exploit.

The brain is a biological computer. Some brains are stronger in certain functions, caused by differing sizes of various lobes. Input and output of information is data. In order to have output, one must have input. The output is directly affected by the input, before time is even allocated to determine if we are perceiving information in a way that is conducive to our well being. This is of course, if such a society does not take the time to know themselves through cognitive thought and seclusion; and instead, concerns themselves with being accepted as part of a clique, party, association, and living a blissful (pseudo) and normal (perceived as normal) life.

At the end of the day, the only thing that is certain is that we exist, and the death of our bodies. We know much less than we think we do about a lot in reality, and that is if we are to refer to reality as everything and anything that exists. Our perceived truths are either directly relative, or pushed upon us for agenda. Our ideas of what is normal, and desirable also is stemmed from the possibility of an agenda, or it may just be the evolution we have chosen as a society, either way it is our relative reality.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

Great post and well thought out! I agree with everything you stated, although sometimes I do wonder if the reality of our perception only leads us to "think" we exist.

Do we really exist in the manner we think we exist? Seriously though, I am not trying to be funny at all! I do wonder about "reality" as "we know it". I think I have read too much!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by derst1988

Great post and well thought out! I agree with everything you stated, although sometimes I do wonder if the reality of our perception only leads us to "think" we exist.

Do we really exist in the manner we think we exist? Seriously though, I am not trying to be funny at all! I do wonder about "reality" as "we know it". I think I have read too much!

Well we can speculate all we want, because we really dont know. For all we know, this is just a matrix like learning ground / dream land. The thing is, we probably wont know till death what the truth is.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I know exactly how you feel

Since I kid ive always thought when you die, you just "wake up" from a dream within a dream

Like, as if my instinct was tryingto tell me something at the sweet age of 9 or 10
It's funny, cause i thought crazy things when i was young, but obviously, they never fit into the peices of the puzzle that TPTB want us to solve (how to make money i.e. get a job, work hard)

That's the puzzle they WANT us to solve (do good at school, gets you a good job, a big house, fast car, ace holidays etc.)
So the sheeple can feel like they achieved something

The puzzle they DIDNT want us to solve is exactly what we are talking about now

Its soooooooo funny that it's like I already "knew" this before the years of brainwashing at school and years of achohol & cigs and fanta and crisps

Only the creator knows how much bloody flouride and MSG is in my system
Ive only been de-toxing for about a year but i'm probably the only 21 year old trying to DECALCIFY HIS PINEAL GLAND

(look it up, you have one, i have one, WE ALL HAVE ONE
)

new topics

top topics

join