It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAB Brings 56 Small Internet Publishers, including AboveTopSecret.com, to Capitol Hill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you went to dc and "lobbied" your cause i sure hope the stupidity from washington dc didnt rub off

i like ats
and dont wanna look for a new home.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Nice job i think that a free and open web is the most important issue that we need to tackle. The internet is the last place where there needs to be regulation.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

America needs more people like you guys. Standing up against ANY expansion of government powers is nothing short of heroic.

The challenges the future will bring every American will be filled with a more intrusive government, they seem hell bent on legislating every last bit of freedom away, and to gain control of every aspect of our lives, including and not limited to only the internet.

In the end, the corporate media giants will seek through legislation to crush you guys.

Fight the good fight to the end.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
corporate media giants are nothing without consumers.

Typically when business people and economists talk of consumers they are talking about person as consumer, an aggregated commodity item with little individuality other than that expressed in the buy/not-buy decision. However there is a trend in marketing to individualize the concept. Instead of generating broad demographic profiles and psycho-graphic profiles of market segments, marketers have started to engage in personalized marketing, permission marketing, and mass customization.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-5-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Great job and good thinking in what you guys did!
I see the government as a camel. If you give the camel an inch it will take advantage of a mile, and each inch you keep giving it will take another mile until "you" are competely missplaced.
Thats what we have been allowing the government to do all this time slowly.
We were giving them slack and they were taking this to their advantage, slowly and surely.
Its a must to be able to show them their limits (lawfull) so as they dont step on our toes.
We havent stepped on theirs...
Again, keep up the good work.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

What perfect publicity! Besides, gotta compete with GLP for traffic someway!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Great job guys, Fight the Good Fight!

/me high fives Skeptic_Overlord and Springer.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Way to go guys!!!
Thank you for doing what many of us would want to but cannot being that we are not in
your position. I personally thank you for your efforts!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Everyone can easily block such cookies. I don't see any need for touching and groping our internet. The purpose is too obvious. Monopoly. Hands off you sneaky bastards!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Skeptic & Springer,
I doubt they expected such a passionate and intelligent debate.

Of all the sites that could help drive the freedom of independent publishing alive, it's not only Ironic but fitting that ATS would be it.

ANY attack on freedom by corporations the left or right or just crazy always starts and is dependant on the "Information War", free, real, open, inquisitive and non aligned citizen or direct journalism/information, is imho, as important as all the traditional rights, enshrined in law or implied to each human being we oft see lorded about.

The Power and importance of this is not appreciated or thought about much in society I feel, and just observing through history what "They" do in regards to information of this kind is evidenced by the all out Sociopaths burning all books & libraries as well as censorship a lot of effort to do; List of Book Burning Incident's Destruction of LibrariesList of Books Banned by GovernmentCensorship

As compared to the vast amounts of laws, lawyers and money, government resources, lobbying, corporate media we see all still pour into control of the tone, content and dissemination of the modern book, The net and such places as ATS.

So having considered that Thanks guys for all you’ve done and continue to with ATS, Thanks to the Mods to who day in day out keep it going and everyone who is one of the lovely member's of ATS for keeping us free and being the eye watching them , whilst they watch us

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Dear SkepticOverlord,

Congratulations. 2.5 million unique visitors a month. The site provides a freedom of expression while maintaining a control over unnecessary vulgarity that does not add to the conversation or issues. That takes a lot of effort and it is appreciated or the site would not have the number of visitors that it does. Be well.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Great job guys. You made the journey and proudly stated "Hey Government, get your hands off my freedoms" in a rational, direct and informative way. I find it particularly impressive that you were the ones that some of those power players got to hear from and with luck, you at least spread a little more "Denial of Ignorance" through an area that seems all to often to run rampant with.

Thank you for being the voice of a community and taking OUR concerns to THEIR doorstep.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well people, you do know when sites like this are taken down it will be time to put up or shut up - forever.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
pfff

you were there because of the advertising

you were there to defend your business model & could not care less about our freedom of speech (censorship on ats anyone ?)

you were there for money,

you're no hero, you're business men (in the "best" case scenario - from our perspective)

assume, thanks
edit on 27-5-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I know many have things to say about ATS. Many think the site is CIA run and the owners and management are at the mercy of TPTB.

I have a couple things to say about this. First, to the people stating these claims, how would you personally go about operating a website such as this? The largest conspiracy site on the entire internet.

Second, do you not feel there is a fine line being walked at ALL times for ATS to maintain is functionality and capabilities to do what it does? Do you really think you could walk this line any better?

Sorry rant over...but it blows my mind when people talk trash about this site when they really have no clue of the risks and boundaries and everything else these guys go through.

THANK YOU ATS!!!

GO AND DO A BETTER JOB I SAY TO THE NAYSAYERS AND HATERS

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Well I really take my hat off to the ATS commanders on this one. Kudos to you guys!

I too have a couple of websites that sell nothing but rely on traffic reading and clicking on adverts (plus the content of course).
The opt-in bs really would see my revenue cut in half (and then some).
So hopefully this bill is going down down down...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

as long as money is controlled by ptb, ats whether cia front or not is at the mercy of ptb, as long as ats puts his business model before his motto;

which it does

you're just a consumer for them and you are extremely naive to think that ats founders respect any value other than making profit

ps: see the post just after yours (from watchriders) if you still don't see what i mean

awaitingrequiem.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Great stuff. Hopefully you receive a positive outcome, I'd hate to see ATS go under - since it's either ATS or GLP and I've been IP banned there for no reason, and the content found on their is usually far inferior.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yup. You must be psychic. only 8 post later.
Completely misconstrued the whole affair.

Kudos to you, Bill & Mark (SkepticOverlord & Springer) for fighting the good fight.
Here's hoping they "got it". But then, this being a conspiracy "theory(?-many are true, maybe not as much in the skunkworks, but there's no denying unless you're an ostrich)" site, I & many member probably seem Skeptic on the matter. Perhaps even those who did the travelling and dealing with the "congresscritters" (thanks Crytonomicon) feek that as well. Being as one is the SKEPTICOVERLORD, my bets are placed.
But hey, as miraculous as it sounds, freedom may win in the US of A republic for a change. Who knows, but I'll be watching with bated breath.Text

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

edit on 5/27/2011 by ISeeTheFnords because: Dbl post

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join