It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police use chopper to nab footie lad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
POLICE sent a helicopter, a riot van and two patrol cars to find a boy who broke a greenhouse window playing football.

Tom Clarke, 15, was having a kickabout with his cousin in a pub garden when the ball bobbled off his ankle and looped over a fence.

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

www.thesun.co.uk...

I rember doing the exact same thing about 25-30years ago. I was terrrified. I fessed up and everyone just said don't worry about it and we will get it fixed.

Now they send out helicopter, riot van and patrol cars. People fear a police state in the future. We are all already living in police states.
I have to laugh at some UK members slating the US members for their crazy over the top law enforcement.

This kinda reminds me of the special plain clothes police that the people of Egypt were so scared of who come around to beat the crap outta or disappear anyone who steps outta line.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Wouldn't be surprised if the owner of the property called the cops saying they were being robbed or something far worse.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
A little rash I feel.
But then in the past I've witnessed police helicopters sent out for heaven knows what, decide to waste taxpayers money larking about with their spotlight blaring for ages just chasing excited little kids around the street.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This reminds me of when i was a kid of around 8 or 9 years old and I pointed a luminous green water pistol at a passing police car. The police man got out and told me that he was getting promoted to an armed officer shortly and if he saw me do that then he would have to shoot me without hesitation.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It's from the Sun which is a massive joke.

A massive joke of a rag.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
It's from the Sun which is a massive joke.

A massive joke of a rag.

I would have very little respect for the newspaper but I do watch all media. Its the story I was focusing on and not the newspaper. I was simply drawing comparison to the fact that when I was a kid and broke a window playing football cops weren't scrambling a team to come and interrogate me.

the story is getting plenty of coverage

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
Wouldn't be surprised if the owner of the property called the cops saying they were being robbed or something far worse.

how is it though when you do need cops for something worse you can't get them??

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Yeah, fair enough.

It is ridiculous, talk about overkill.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I know the talks about the police going over the top. But since when is an accident a criminal offence? I'd see the point if he was throwing stones, that's criminal damage, but accidentally kicking a ball into an other garden and by chance breaking a green house window. The owner says he just wanted to see justice done. What justice? Why didn't he and say to the boys parents? They didn't even get a chance to pay for the damage.

So technically speaking I should report my brother for all the toys he 'criminally broke by accident'. Anyway I'm going to watch out for these criminal youngsters that play kirby out side my house and phone the police when they make the paint on my fence fall off. Wonder if I'll get a helicopter send out? Taking bets.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jimgibson10

i suppose the kid can count himself lucky he didn't get tasered.

new topics

top topics

join