It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 25th: Nail in the Floor speech by Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by boondock-saint

As long as Americans continue to let their Goverment DICTATE to them on how they should Live their Lives , a Guy like Ron Paul will be around to Remind us ALL that we Do Not have to take it because it is OUR Country and those Hired Hands in Washington Works for Us . He could be our next President if the MAJORITY of the American PEOPLE would just SAY SO .............

Vote Ron Paul in 2012 !

Until people come to the realisation that they are not Free to sit and watch tv, not free to goto the store and buy what ever junk they want, not free to goto starbucks, not free to post their trivial barf all over twitter and facebook.

Only when people realize their freedoms are gone, flushed away down the toilet, then and ONLY then will people realize that the people, and groups we've let run this country into the ground were not For US.

Sadly, that realisation may never come tho. Becuase the lame-street media hides all the bad stuff, and shows us more about the hollywood soap-opera, and the other things that really shouldn't be top of the news at 5 o'clock. People are to apathetic, all too happy to continue the status-quo in favor of having to do some actual WORK.

Sadly, many people are all to content to let it continue, as long as they have their comforts.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Just had a thought. The current visit by Obomba to the UK, during which the terms 'special relationship' and 'essential relationship' have been nauseatingly fanfared in the MSM, may well be linked to the Presidents' new powers to wage war at will. Is his recent about face re the UK an attempt to assure the support of UK in any war he might seek to wage? If so, God help us.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I agree 100 percent with you boondock. I notice he backs off after making a little noise here and there. Has he even mentioned the FED Reserve lately? He knows whats up. I believe he will not go too far, and saying too much. He says just enough to get a cheer and then he gets the hell out..

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Is it just me, or is Ron Paul shades of Hitler?

Yep.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
How exactly did Ron Paul back off against the Fed? He hasn't been able to get a full audit yet, but he did force some sensitive disclosures. We wouldn't have known about the amounts the Fed gave to foreign banks if it wasn't for him.
And "Shades of Hitler"? Dude, I suggest you read or listen to Ron Paul's words, then go read or listen to Hitler's. Hitler. Wow.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

He certainly looks like a good contender but, we have had guys who promised the world prior to getting into office....

LOOK at his voting record! That is what people DID NOT DO with Obama!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the real deal... he says what he means, and means what he says. I have no doubt that if elected he would be the guy that he promises to be. Having said that, I know in my heart that his words will fall on deaf ears, because the establishment republicans hate him almost as much as the democrats do. Ron Paul is Progressivism's worst nightmare. He is the desperately needed chemotherapy that our cancer ridden Republic needs to rid itself of the Progressive cancer that is killing it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Damn I wanted to Star the OP but I think he's banned? Lame

Love this video and Ron Paul! I only hope the good politicians rally behind him because he is speaking truth right in front of all of us!! Wake up good people!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Good post! Ron Paul is making many promises....as all politicians do. But I think he is different, he is persistent, he doesn't care how the MSM labels him, I have to give him credit for that. S&F for the OP!!

Never mind..... seems he has been banned for some reason.
Funny in a thread that we speak of government oppression, that the OP gets banned by some other form of oppression. I hope "they're" not angry his birthday is on April 20th. That would be grounds for me to reconsider my time spent here at ATS.
Will keep an eye on this one. Flag for the OP then!!!!!!!!
edit on 5/26/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great thread and wonderful video.
We need more like Dr Paul in office.

Ron Paul for President!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ron Paul has the right idea about the federal reserve and a few other things, but his overall philosophy will have us back in the wild west. we need control, we need centralization, and we need watchdogs. Our country will fall apart without it. Ron paul would have been a great President 150 years ago, but in today's world he is NOT what we need. We need someone who recognizes that the fate of our world and our country rest upon us being able to work together toward a common goal. Ron Paul would have everyone work towards their own selfish goals.

Our country has two serious issues which need to be solved and you should have your eye toward these when selecting your candidate:

1. The money system. We need someone who truly beleives that we need to abolish the federal reserve. The way our money is set up, new money can only be created through debt. this goes for newly issued money as well as any money created by banks, etc. through leverage. any increase in national worth that is not created by debt can only be created by inflation. The system ensures that only a small minority of the population can make it to financial security. It can be no other way. Ron Paul's gold standard will just continue this scheme. His cure is no differnt than what we already have. What we need to do is simply print any money used by the Fed goverment that is not provided by taxation. As far as taxation, eliminate the "personal income tax" and replace it with moderate "profit" and intangible taxes. I would expect that the effects of inflation would be minimal as a growing economy needs more money in it as it grows if you want it to be off as a whole. if there was inflation, simply ratchet back the ability of the banks to lend against capital.

2. Employment. We need someone who recognizes that there simply is not enough work to do to keep everyone employed gainfully. Technology and automation allows us to do so much more with so many less people. Something has to give. We either need to INCREASE the amount of aid we give to the unemployed and poor or we need to cram a new paradigm down the throats of employers. 30 hour work weeks, higher pay, better retirement benefits, etc. The benefits available to public employees should be the standard for all employees. I feel for the small biz owner, but if you can't allow your employees to be successful financially then you should not hire them. Just because people are desperate enough for you to get a good deal doesn't mean you should. Do it yourself or go work for someone else. These actions would be inflationary, but there has to be some middle ground where prices and wages meet that would allow us to do this.

3. The future. Are to stay divided and warring and exploitive in nature or are we going to finally advance to the point that we can work together to make the world a better place for all of us? I want a president who in the very least is going to inspire to make this world more of a utopia.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
we need centralization

I stopped reading after that^
Thanks for the laugh

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Whats freedom to you? The freedom to go to starbucks? The freedom to go to the movies? The freedom to take a walk on the beach? The freedom to have some drinks with the buddys, or to take your girlfriend to a nice restaurant. News flash, Germans could do this too, unless you were a Communist, jew, or didnt speak out against corrupt government policy, and/or police brutality.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
All Ron Paul does is make crazy accusations. Earlier it was the US occupying Pakistan. I think its time for him to retire.
Nothing he says is ever right.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
we need centralization

I stopped reading after that^
Thanks for the laugh

Yep same here.

Because more and bigger Govt is always the best answer

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Lol Ron paul is hitler when Black is White up is down and obama is George Washington

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
S & F. Such a great speak from Ron Paul. I think he is the man and even if he's not becoming the president he is still right with what he says. Thank for this small piece of great speech.

Thruthseek3r

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Bloody hell, Im not American so i dont know as much as you guys, but from my time here on ATS...you is one F****d up nation...The place of freedom and where dreams come true?!? It seems the most corrupt place of all time and your average sheeple are completly oppressed...I'd love to know how its managed to happen under yur very noses...I dont dont know alot about this Ron guy either, but he seems to have the right ideas on bringing your country back down to Earth...

I feel sorry for England, currently hand in hand with America...i just want to scream at my prime minister and say " Yo! You crazy?!?" At the moment i dont think any of our individuals are oppressed by our gov, not on the American level anyways...

Ron raises a good point, America goes around peeing everyone off, and wages war on anyone not to be pushed over...I hope England wakes up and Russia or China kick your butts
IMO..

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
All Ron Paul does is make crazy accusations. Earlier it was the US occupying Pakistan. I think its time for him to retire.
Nothing he says is ever right.

He said occupying pakistan was a high possibility, he never said we were actually doing it.... I think it's time for you to pay attention to what he's actually saying and stop putting words in his mouth.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Seriously? What is your reasoning for comparing Ron Paul to Hitler? I'm sure the entire ATS audience will find it quite amusing and a good source of entertainment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join