It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Activists Vow to Arrest George W. Bush in October

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

The right wing detests global law? How about Obama invading a soverign country and killing Osama. Now I'm cool with that, but he did break global law and he is now blatanly breaking constitutional laws. Where is the call to bring him to justice from you lefties?

You want to talk about global law and I am speaking about US constitutional law. To me that is more important then talking about global law that you think may have happened. A democrat politician that is a supporter of Obama has come out and said that Obama has done something that is impeachable.

A supporter has said that.

The only ones that has said that Bush commited war crimes are not supporters and just generally don't like him.

We are ignoring the present laws being broke by a sitting President just because of the blind hatred you people have of Bush. I say we start with the sitting President and work our way down.

Or you could ignore it and keep with the blame bush for everything mantra.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't think Emperor Harper would take nicely to his buddy getting pinched. Some people tried to do this when he spoke in Calgary last year and they got whacked with a big stick.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by Becoming

The Right wing in America detests Global Law and the ICC because it flies in their face of 'american exceptional ism.' And that is EXACTLY the point of this pres release. TO emphasize that struggle between those two opposing forces. Not all will understand, on either 'side'.

Um, no. It goes against the US being a Sovereign Nation.
I am not a citizen of the world, I am a citizen of the US.

Exactly. And my point is that Nationalists like the Bush Admin. are threatened by the idea of any law outside their borders dictating the way in which they behave on the world stage. That was Bush's defense for ignoring existing international law in regard to Iraq. Because he felt the us being a 'soverien nation' means they can do as they please on the world stage.

And that is EXACTLY what this press release is about. Canadian law is supposed to not allow Torture, and they are claiming it would be a violation of Canadian law (it would appear) to have him speak at this event, because they are trying to enforce the notion of international law.

You and I aren't necessarily disagreeing, you just dont seem to understand there are several side to the debate, which I am attempting to illustrate.

edit on 23-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Becoming

The Right wing in America detests Global Law and the ICC because it flies in their face of 'american exceptional ism.' And that is EXACTLY the point of this pres release. TO emphasize that struggle between those two opposing forces. Not all will understand, on either 'side'.

Um, no. It goes against the US being a Sovereign Nation.
I am not a citizen of the world, I am a citizen of the US.

The US is not a sovreign nation, it's a corporation.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

Or you could ignore it and keep with the blame bush for everything mantra.

Straw man alert!
You are trying to make this about Obama. I understand that. But this specific example is not about Obama, and nothing you can point to in regard to Obama's actions absolves Bush of his, as you imply.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Oh give me a break.
We are still a Sovereign Nation.
We don't need the one world crap pitched, or any outsiders thank you.

And before anyone gets started, I think the US needs to stop telling others what to do as well.

edit on 23-5-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
OP, the link works fine for me. Here: tv.globalresearch.ca...

I see it's in Surrey BC in OCtober. I will likley be pretty close to there. Send me a U2U around then and I'll go take pics!

Oh give me a break.

And before anyone gets started, I think the US needs to stop telling what to do as well.

So, does being a 'sovereign nation', mean invading other countries in DIRECT DEFIANCE of intentional rules is totally acceptable, in your opinion? Because that was the Bush Admin's reasoning.
There is a difference between the idea of sovereignty within a nation, and its actions outside it's borders. This protests is about highlighting Bush's 'actions' outside US borders, where 'sovereignty' is no defense.

The chief U.S. prosecutor at the Nuremberg trials, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, Robert Jackson, described such war as “the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.” Thus, the seriousness of the international law violation that such a war would entail would exceed the seriousness of the Iraqi violations that the Bush administration has cited to justify it. Such a war would also symbolize the complete reversal of official U.S. policy toward international law since World War II.

www.wagingpeace.org...

---------------------

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

OP, the link works fine for me. Here: tv.globalresearch.ca...

I see it's in Surrey BC in OCtober. I will likley be pretty close to there. Send me a U2U around then and I'll go take pics!

Oh give me a break.

And before anyone gets started, I think the US needs to stop telling what to do as well.

So, does being a 'sovereign nation', mean invading other countries in DIRECT DEFIANCE of intentional rules is totally acceptable, in your opinion? Because that was the Bush Admin's reasoning.
There is a difference between the idea of sovereignty within a nation, and its actions outside it's borders. This protests is about highlighting Bush's 'actions' outside US borders, where 'sovereignty' is no defense.

The chief U.S. prosecutor at the Nuremberg trials, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, Robert Jackson, described such war as “the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.” Thus, the seriousness of the international law violation that such a war would entail would exceed the seriousness of the Iraqi violations that the Bush administration has cited to justify it. Such a war would also symbolize the complete reversal of official U.S. policy toward international law since World War II.

www.wagingpeace.org...

---------------------

Ok, will watch for it and the pics will be great!

Thanx.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Please re-read my comment. My answer is there.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Oh give me a break.

And before anyone gets started, I think the US needs to stop telling others what to do as well.

In what real sense is US a sovreign nation?

The truth is unpleasant to you, obviously.

'Outsiders' have a vested interest in the truth, because the US has it's tentacles all over the world.
edit on 23-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

What truth?

The fact that almost every Canadian here thinks they have a say in US policies?
Or that people in Europe think the same?
Yet both have enough issues on their home soil to keep them busy, yet preach how the US needs to change and not force their policies outside the US, but that is one in the same huh?
You bashing the US not to go out and force ideas, yet you are doing the same right now.

The US is a Sovereign Nation. If you want to buy into the Worldy Citizen crap, then go ahead. I don't care.
Don't preach that I, or other like me need to change, just because you say so.

I think the US needs to get out of the ME and Africa and let the people hash out their issues.

I think if you want to go after Bush, go ahead. There is better use of your time, but it's your time, not mine.
If you go after Bush, got after Daddy, Carter and Obama. Don't just cherry pick one because it is politically convenient to do so.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yeah, it's all the fault of Bush and the US

Sure sure.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Sure sure.

A straw man with four eye-rolling smileys is still a straw man. That hasn't been postulated. Yes, the Bush Admin. certainly played a key roll in the US invasion of Iraq (obviously), but other nations with a vested interest in the same goals, like the UK, played along fine. And a few other bootlicking nations jumped in.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Sure sure.

A straw man with four eye-rolling smileys is still a straw man. That hasn't been postulated. Yes, the Bush Admin. certainly played a key roll in the US invasion of Iraq (obviously), but other nations with a vested interest in the same goals, like the UK, played along fine. And a few other bootlicking nations jumped in.

Wow, really? It is all the fault of the above?
You are either very naive or just postulating yourself as it hurts to view other countries as being in on the whole thing.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Sure sure.

And further more, I challenge you to find anywhere that I support Bush.
Please, please please find something.
I will eat my computer if you do.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What truth?

Yet both have enough issues on their home soil to keep them busy, yet preach how the US needs to change and not force their policies outside the US, but that is one in the same huh?
You bashing the US not to go out and force ideas, yet you are doing the same right now.

The US is a Sovereign Nation. If you want to buy into the Worldy Citizen crap, then go ahead. I don't care.

I think the US needs to get out of the ME and Africa and let the people hash out their issues.

I think if you want to go after Bush, go ahead. There is better use of your time, but it's your time, not mine.
If you go after Bush, got after Daddy, Carter and Obama. Don't just cherry pick one because it is politically convenient to do so.

The lie is that they want you to believe it's a sovreign nation, but it became a corporation many years ago.

Apart from our disagreement about the sovreignty of the US, and whether anyone outside US has a right to comment on US politics, I fully agree that Bush Snr, Bush Jr, Carter, Clinton and Obama need to be held accountable for their crimes.

However, I reiterate that the impact of the US cartel is negatively affecting billions of people around the world, so of course, people have strong opinions about it.

I have no idea at all what you mean by 'it's politically convenient'.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

What truth?

I have no idea at all what you mean by 'it's politically convenient'.

Really.
The I Hate Bush Bandwagon is always convenient.
The whole corporate thing is a theorist argument. I am a realist.
It may take some kind of engagement for the US people to take back power granted by our founding documents.
But, that is not here yet and the laws still stand as such that we are a Sovereign nation. International law has no place in the US and should be fought tooth and nail by the American Public.
It may not be seen now, but it is coming to the forefront.
Just because the Govt sees fit to invade, does not mean that the people here loose their rights, sorry it just does not work that way.
Same goes for if the Govt inflicts "suffering". Does not negate my rights as a US citizen.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I see you chose not to answer my question when I asked you to explain in what real sense USA is a sovreign country.

Here, let me help you.

The United States is a Corporation. Two constitutions.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by macman

I see you chose not to answer my question when I asked you to explain in what real sense USA is a sovreign country.

Here, let me help you.

The United States is a Corporation. Two constitutions.
www.youtube.com...

Sorry, but Youtube videos hold little weight to me and I don't need to waste my time.

The Constitution provides to me what I need.
The idea and/or fact that corporations have circumvented this may have some truth, but the idea that other countries have a say in what happens domestically in the US is arrogant and a farce.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

But, back on topic.
You guys really have no better use of your time then to try to arrest W?
Aside from making a video, putting it on the web and becoming one of the millions of 5 second Youtube stars?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join