It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Rules California Must Free Tens of Thousands of Inmates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
""Approximately 37,000 to 46,000 inmates will have to be released in order for the state to comply with the ruling.""

""Scalia wrote in dissent. "Most of them will not be prisoners with medical conditions or severe mental illness; and many will undoubtedly be fine physical specimens who have developed intimidating muscles pumping iron in the prison gym."

www.foxnews.com...

gee,, I wonder if we can KEEP them in California..???

just saying.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

only to add-- to the unemployed,, underemployed ,, homeless and,, for sure--the Re-offenders...

hard pill to swallow for calif...

i wonder how many JOBS this will create,, as in PAROLE officers ..??
edit on 5/23/11 by darrman because: spellinglish

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Wasn't it mentioned that the New World Order, in an effort to create anarchy, will release criminals into the streets?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I wonder how many of them were put in for marijuana possession before it was decriminalized? Those are the people we should be releasing from every prison.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I wonder how many of them were put in for marijuana possession before it was decriminalized? Those are the people we should be releasing from every prison.

Exactly! What's the problem here? Just release the non-violent offenders who have been brutally victimized by a corrupt system with this absurd and hypocritical War on Drugs. And not only in California, but throughout the entire country. I think the United States has more than their share of violent criminals to keep the prison contractors and the corrupt politicians living high on the hog for a while.

Below is a story of prisoners being put to good use, helping with flood preparations in Louisaiana. Who knew?

www.wbrz.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Awesome!
A good friend of mine along with many of my past/present patients are in prison a place that is stagnate and does nothing but turn young lost youth into the monsters that those love to fear by mentally breaking them down and treating them like animals.
The system does nothing but fail them once they are lost in the black hole which is the legal system.

If they get free you don't have to worry about the pedos and rapist as their fellows will have the ability to take care of them for us, yes there will still be some of the lost causes roaming about but there are just as many in the "free" world walking the streets, as there are in the prisons right now.
The gangs will kill each other off.

I can't wait, hope it happens soon.I'll have my own little personal army and be able to mend the wounds the evil courts have given them and growth and healing can begin as I've seen nothing but a desire, need, and want for change and help from the individuals I have worked with but when they ask for it are completely denied.

The truth of the matter is, that a lot of these "monsters" are good people who made poor mistakes and choices at a young age, most are convicted at ages 18-25 for non violent drug related crimes.

It's not all ass rape and shanking, people need to turn off their TV's.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

I agree, but adding a group of people, especially people who come with preconceived reputations (true or not), will likely churn the waters a bit. Especially as far as the job market and overall economy goes. We're going to see a lot of hostility towards this motion in the future.
North Carolina was entertaining this idea a while back. I'm sure other states were as well.

Nothing better than dumping a bunch of people into a bad situation, and leaving them to the elements.

new topics

top topics

join