It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Forgotten Man - Painting by Jon McNaughton

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thank for the compliments everyone, I felt it was something that some of you would appreciate seeing as the deficit is something that is looming over all Americans today. I also liked the title "The Forgotten Man" and thought that focus was most interesting. That visual I thought really drove home the feeling of angst and dismay that many people could identify with today in modern America. The deficit itself is also something that is "less subjective".

I guess it could be debated exactly how we arrived there, but suffice to say, we are quite in debt as a nation, and quite a few presidents plus other political figures played their role in it, whomever they may be. Of course no one will agree with exactly who was responsible and to what extent, even though one could maybe try to discern some things through statistics and given presidential terms. As the artist said, he is just one American speaking to another American, so his interpretation is his own.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by notonsamepage

who is that guy?
edit on 23-5-2011 by notonsamepage because: (no reason given)

At first I though you were just making a joke about Jesus!

I think that is supposed to represent Satan in each picture, which in turn is meant to represent the evils and misguided leadership (and temptations?) we've experienced.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Konah

Yeah, the one who controls the evil elite of our world their God, didn't find him in the picture of the OP though

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this painting and now it is my computer wallpaper. The artist's other painting is very cool also and is linked at the end of the video...so I won't repeat it. I've even added this video to my website. Peaceful protest?

Great post!

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
didn't know you knew
that I knew. you know
what I knew , now I
know I'm just a gnu ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join