It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Possible Explanation Harold Camping Will Use for the Absence of the Rapture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I thought of this yesterday.

"Maybe the rapture is actually happening, but no one's worth taking. How would we know the difference?"

Makes sense to me. Not that I believe that though.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

How about this explanation:

"Sorry, I forgot about Matthew 24:36 and I'm not the Father in heaven."

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Sorry but I do not think what you linked is a possibility at all. I do not believe in fairytales.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by satron

Sorry but I do not think what you linked is a possibility at all. I do not believe in fairytales.

How true.

If frogs turn into princes after a kiss it's a fairytale, however if the frog takes millions of years to turn into a prince it's called "science".

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Never said I believe in evolution either lol

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well, looks like Harold isn't making a statement anytime soon. He probably sincerely believed what was going to happen, but some of his followers are making their own statements.

NPR

I had profiled several believers before May 21. The day after, most didn't answer the phone. Those who did wouldn't talk on the record. But one man, his voice quavering, said he was still holding out hope that they were one day off. Another believer asserted that their prayers worked: God delayed judgment so that more people could be saved, but the end is "imminent."

So some people are saying something close to what I thought Camping was going to say, but I doubt he is now. If Camping was the snake oil salesman I thought he was, he would have said that, but I guess he realizes the error in his judgment. But time will tell, I guess.

Or maybe, JUST maybe, he foiled his own prediction just by stating it...And I took care of the rest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Never said I believe in evolution either lol

i didn't claim you did, perhaps my wording could have been different. I said "how true' about not believing in fairy tales.

No biggie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join