It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a visual of the dying dollar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I've given the example of the US Dollar-Swissy pair here before. I feel it is a more accurate representation of the US Dollar's heath than the dollar index considering the rampant price manipulation of commodities and excited margin rates.

The dollar isn't strengthening folks!
That's an absolute lie. It has performed a retracement. A retracement is just a natural movement in the opposite direction as the price continues to follow a trend. In the following chart, you see that the US Dollar did a 50% retracement before correcting. The US Dollar will now continue to decline, because that is the current trend.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64d72b2aa12f.jpg[/atsimg]

So how long has the dollar been loosing its value?
The following chart is an expanded view of a daily chart. You'll see that from December of 2010 to the present that the US Dollar is loosing its value at a very healthy rate.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/259adb8914e8.jpg[/atsimg]

The US dollar isn't bouncing back anytime soon.
With the devastating financial crises of the US government and a shriveling gross domestic product, there is no recovery. This last chart shows the demise of the dollar since January of 2001. There just isn't enough money or infrastructure in the system to support a recovery against this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd3811024be7.jpg[/atsimg]

Do not listen to economic advice that refers to providing a "recovery". They are just trying to sell you something. Instead, what needs to be done is "damage litigation". It won't matter if the whole of US shows up in the White House parking lot to protest austerity. Austerity is a "reality". It's time to plan for the damage.

edit on 20-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
A good visualisation, and interesting especially as the Swiss Franc is one of the few still, at least partially, still backed by Gold.

I would be be interesting to see a cross chart of AUX and USD:SWF pair.

PS what the hell could have happened Sep 2003 that would make a massive one time spike like that, and then suddenly continue on it's trend.
edit on 20/5/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
PS what the hell could have happened Sep 2003 that would make a massive one time spike like that, and then suddenly continue on it's trend.
edit on 20/5/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

It's probably just a bogus point. I might need to refresh my history. This happens a lot in MetaQuotes. When programming automation systems for getting out of trades, I've had to account for these tricky bastards.

edit on 20-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Ahhh I figured it must just have been the US Gov doing some laundry!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Nice charts...I cam only imagine what it's like to be a PR guy for Fed or Treasury or one of the Pravdaesque propaganda organs like MSNBC and have to paste a cheese-eating grin on your face every day, trying to explain away that series of cascading resistance levels in the second chart in particular.

This is one of my favorite charts from the last few years. I've thrown it up on ATS before so forgive me if you've seen it, but it really puts the credit creation problem in rude perspective:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f0c1cd603cc.png[/atsimg]

edit on 5/20/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join