It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWYD? (What Would YOU Do?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I really don't believe the rapture will happen tomorrow. However, as a person who believes in God, I have to admit that it is a possibility - albeit a miniscule one.

That said, what if you really and truly believed that you had roughly 24 hours left on Earth? Regardless of your beliefs for an afterlife (or lack of one)... What regrets would you have? What would you change in 24 hours, if you knew in advance?

I could sit here and type until I am blue in the face (... or maybe fingers), and say that I am happy with my life. But let's be fair, there are people that I have wronged. I would want them to know my reasons, and that I am sorry. I would want to be around those that mean the most to me, (my mother and partner), and to be completely honest, I'd probably want a few bottles of bourbon

I'd like to sit and say that I would want to have as much sex as possible, drink as much, and party "like it's 1999" for the next day. But I know that if I really believed the end was tomorrow, it would be a different story. There are posts on ATS talking about believers committing suicide tomorrow. We can sit and call these people dumb and stupid all we want - but they believe this. Some of us believe that 12/21/12 will be IT. Some believe it is in October 2011. Others say "no one knows". REGARDLESS, if you knew that tomorrow was the end, how would you spend today?

If May 21, 2011 were really the 'end of the world' - how would you spend the time you have left?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The rapture could just well be a distraction, an elaborate ploy to spread fear into the minds of millions, to profit from them.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-5-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I am not necessarily referring to a guy that is trying to make money by claiming a rapture. What I am saying is this.. In your mind, if you believed that the world was going to end in 24 hours, how would you spend your time?

Insert: rapture, nuke, alien invasion, pole switch, etc for the reason, the reason doesn't matter.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by journey2010

I'd take my three year old to the park and spend the day there. No reason to worry him, he wouldn't understand anyway. I would make it the best day of his life; not a day full of tears or regrets.

edit on 20-5-2011 by zillah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zillah

There are so many people that wouldn't think like you. I commend you for making the day so great for your child! Let's just hope that it is a decision you are never faced with.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I would probably have a bar be que with my whole family. Eating,drinking and loving what little time I had left. I wouldn't dwell on my regrets because they made me the person I am today. I would probably let my daughter stay up late eating ice cream and cake. then after she fell asleep I would make sweet passionate love with my husband. I quit smoking weed when I became a mom but I would probably smoke a whole lot of it too.

new topics

top topics

join