It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy, Crusty, Crumbling: Illegal Tour of Abandoned Six Flags New Orleans [75 Pics]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a lot of those pictures remind me of the amusement park from silent hill 3, creepy.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That just pisses me off.. Look at these people in Japan. We are definitely 2 total opposite civilizations. We all know who caused 98% of that damage. Its time for the political correctness to end, and a solution to begin. Call me racist all you want, that is just crap. "Hey our city just got totalled by a hurricane, lets go jack it up even more!"
What can you do? You give them all they want to calm their butt's down, but they still wanna loot and burn. They are given the American dream for free, they don't even have to work for it. Yet they still do this. WTH?? What is wrong with these people? And I do not wanna hear that it is because of our "past". BS, they have been more than repaid and compensated for.

And then we have the whole gun confiscation thing.. All the shootings and scuffles, caused by the ghetto folk, yet the middle and upper class neighborhoods band together, road block, perimeter their stuff, protect their property.. and THEY get harassed? For being civil and loving thy neighbor in bad times? NO.

Deebo
edit on 20-5-2011 by Deebo because: fix

edit on 20-5-2011 by Deebo because: add

edit on 20-5-2011 by Deebo because: fix

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Lol what? I have no idea what that rant was about.... People that are responsible? For new orleans getting flooded and an amusement park being abandoned? And some dude taking some pictures?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
That's awesome and creepy. I like how the second something gets abandoned vandals and graffiti arts bum rush a place. If every thing does come to a halt in this world at least we can depend on thug nobodies spray painting everything over and tearing it all up.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

You are making great leaps of logic that forgot to mask your seething hostility toward other humans.

They are just pictures, man.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You know what I see??? $$$$$$$ cause I would get my torch and be a junk man 4 years....lots of good $$$ in recycling. sorry had 2 say it

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
im still checking out the pics but its shameful to look at it

so much resources just abandoned

why not try to repair, rebuild, or hell at least tear down and sell the metal and stuff as scrap, or sell the rides to other parks

SOMETHING

instead you just leave it there to rot, doesnt make sense

reminds me of the show life after people

such a waste

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

a picture is worth a thousand words

id leave it at that but itd be a one liner

so i must add i wouldnt use his example of japan as they havent really handled this issue so well either

but the man does have a point

we could have rebuilt, OR AT LEAST cleaned up

but we just abandoned it like a nuke went off

and as far as what he was mentioning as to who caused it all, we all know the truth

its the govt, whether purposely or by neglect

instead of spending money to secure us and keep our infrastructure up to date, we are playing games in other countries

basically what you have here is the follow

theres a household, 1 is in charge, makes all the decisions, spends the money, makes the rules
the rest of the household provides all the income with no say
the home starts rotting, rusting, breaking down, the fences are splintering, the roof is leaking, the sidings falling off

the head of the household then decides to go and use all of the income to fix up and screw up other neighborhoods 10000 miles away for people you will never meet

the whole time, nothing in the household is fixed, a storm comes, the house crumbles, the people wonder what happened, how could this happen?

years later, the household members are still sitting around wondering what happened, howd it happen, still bringing in income, and the household leader is still spending all of the money 10000 miles away

yet the household never even cleaned up

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Very creepy indeed. Those clowns

Reminds me of a haunted Krustyland.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Funny you should say that. I have stunt friends of mine there this minute working on a film. They were there last fall on the set of The Courier with Mickey Rourqe. I was a scenic artist on that film.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It was left this way for a very simple reason: America has yet to run out of room.

We are, by all accounts, a very young country, infantile compared to some others, and we have yet to NEED to use every square inch of our real estate.

That's why we allow huge companies to make a development and then just abandon it once they are through using it, or it begins to cut into their profit margin.

Blame government, okay. Blame corporations, fine. But blaming poor people, not okay.

And the graffiti is fairly good. How do you think young artists learn?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I love these pictures x

Part of me thinks it would be sad to do anything other than leave it as it is........so eerie yet so beautiful.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
got to say thank you for this amazing find it reminds me of left for dead the game i wanna so go there

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i spent a year working on Jazzland. i put every inch of safety railing up in there. kinda sad seeing it like that. we all knew it wasn't going to last for long though...even before the hurricane struck, they were thinking about closing it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

WOW, just WOW. The ghost land that all empires are sure to become is evident here... (just a preview?)

Too bad it won't last. There be a ton of scrap metal there. Too bad too. If there ever was an Icon of the 20th century that was just begging to be buried in a huge time capsule. This is surely it.

I can only imagine what anthropology of a 1000 years from now would make of an "amusement" park.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This reminds me of something i've seen about Russia on the interwebs. Or Detroit in real life.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tundra

Yes, definitely very much like the pictures and videos from Pripyat.

It costs too much to fix it and it costs too much to raze it. We can't get anything done because of worthless paper money, how sad we have become.

IMHO I just don't see the need for money anymore. It only works for the top 1% and after seeing these pics it becomes even clearer to me. We should have razed the park long ago, recycled the materials and let the swamps reclaim it. That costs too much worthless money so we will just let it sit there and rot, a reminder to everyone there of what happened with Katrina.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Killer Clowns from Outer Space 2 set ??

Really creepy pictures. Thanks for sharing the link!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join