It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Particle Mystery May Soon Be Solved

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN
God particle, what a farce, physicist don't believe in god. I guess they love worshipping the material world and not spiritual.
edit on 18-5-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

Actually, you'd be surprised how many physicists believe in God and are religious, they just don't allow their beliefs to get in the way of legit scientific study.

Also, "God particle" is just a nickname chosen so don't blow a fuse over that one pal

Exactly.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by RUSSO

Exactly, they are always right until another scientist comes along to inform them they are wrong. Its our history, right?

I will have to study up on this again as it has been years since I sought any information. It will be something fun for me and the kids to discuss today, thats for sure! ha! I always love getting their little minds to work as they always have something really cool and insightful to add to the conversation. Thanks again.....

This os so cool MamaJ.

I'm very happy you have this kind of discussion with your kids. Congratulations.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

God particle, what a farce, physicist don't believe in god. I guess they love worshipping the material world and not spiritual.

Actually, you'd be surprised how many physicists believe in God and are religious, they just don't allow their beliefs to get in the way of legit scientific study.

Physicists might believe in an Ein-Sophic "god" that created the cosmic order but they most
certainly do not believe in an invisible, imaginary, friend in the clouds, the Abrahamic "god",
that wants to give you candy when you die or burn you in "hell".

On topic, the Higgs Boson will not be found because it does not exist.

edit on 18-5-2011 by Version100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Wind your neck in.

The "God particle" phrase was coined by media eager for a sound-bite the idiot masses could relate too. The scientists themselves didn't call it that.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Version100

And you know this, how?

That's the whole point of the LHC, to prove or disprove the Higgs-boson. If you have insider info, then why not cough up now and save CERN some pennies.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

And you know this, how?

That's the whole point of the LHC, to prove or disprove the Higgs-boson. If you have insider info, then why not cough up now and save CERN some pennies.

Speculation about the Higgs, and it's a bit late to get the money back on the LHC.

Here's a quote I've always enjoyed:

"Earth is a Type 13 planet. Civilizations on Type 13 planets, always in a head long
technological rush, destroy themselves by unraveling the underlying fabric of their world."

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Wind your neck in.

The "God particle" phrase was coined by media eager for a sound-bite the idiot masses could relate too. The scientists themselves didn't call it that.

Of course not, you are right, but some people here loves a digression to hide the main issue.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Speculation about the Higgs, and it's a bit late to get the money back on the LHC.

True... That said, the LHC has other uses too.

"Earth is a Type 13 planet. Civilizations on Type 13 planets, always in a head long
technological rush, destroy themselves by unraveling the underlying fabric of their world."

Who are you quoting?

Oh if you like the idea of us unravelling the fabric of space time, I would be more concerned about a project funded by the EU...

Superlaser can rip through space time

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

And you know this, how?

From who this quote came from?

edit on 18-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I'm saying this because there is no particle, that is singularly responsible for anything that we experience on any conscious level.

I believe in god, and thats not what matters, what matters is how i believe in him.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Oh and i forgot to mention, thanks for taking the time to respond to everyone in a less egotistically based fashion.

I am not attacking your ideas, i know it seems borderline strait forward/ rude, thats not the intent. The reason my posts come off this way is because of the way it is interpreted. Its hard to "give" experience to someone without jolting their current sense of reality.

Ayahuasca is very rude when it is teaching its disciples. For another perspective anyway...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by RUSSO

S & F

Couldn't they have said 2011 or 2013?

Why 2012?

On a serious note. I hope they do find it. Thanks for posting the story.

edit on 18-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Yeah I reckon.
They will discover it then the world will explode.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
bah, I remember that Enrico Fermi was utterly convinced that we would be having functional fusion powerplants by the 90s, and most science fiction, up to the 80s was focused on a 2000 with ubiquitous laser guns, spacecrafts and big robots, while very few foresaw the rising importance of computers, and even less imagined the growth of personal communication devices such as modern smartphones, I still remember that in Mutant Chronicles, an RPG setting written in the early 90s but staged it 2140 or so there were film cameras and a cell phone was cumbersome and about 1500$.
The Higgs boson is a chimera, I think it was invented as a moneymaking theoretical construct, it's not that far from the catholic church selling indulgences in the middle ages; I'd bet my ass that they won't find it in 2012, but I'm also as convinced that they will come out with some new renormalization that will justify asking for more money to build some even bigger particle accelerator to try to find it. Oh, btw, the "god particle" nickname is embarassing for physicists

top topics

<< 1   >>

join