It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS show 60 minutes gets caught in sensationalist, biased and faulty reporting…

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedDebater
reply to post by Maxmars

Originally posted by Maxmars
I still get the sense that you are in confrontation mode. That's discouraging. It means it's still a matter of attack and defend for you; if that is your preferred mode of discussion then, the choice is yours, but like kind responses should not be surprising.

Apologies then. It was my understanding that in the course of "Denying Ignorance" a few toes might get stepped on. I'm new here and will strive to abide. It was not my intent to be stern or gruff in pursuit of truth.

However, I stand by discovery that there was a glaring factual misrepresentation in the original post. The crux of the thread author's beef was a purported letter written by a reporter for WSJ. Odd in and of itself if we are going to question MSM at all. I merely pointed out that the letter which was touted was, in fact, NOT written by a current reporter for WSJ nor did it appear in that publication as one might be lead to believe.

Regardless, I hereby acquiesce as a welcomed guest in this forum and will strive to temper my zest for exposing what I consider to be mischaracterization of facts. Thanks for the gentle coddling as I get my ATS sea legs. Do you have ant Dry Cleaning that needs picked up? LOL

MD

Are you sure you're "new here"?? You have made the distinct point of mentioning your "newness" in a variety of posts and threads. Seems interesting and little odd and your zest for the facts and offbeat humor seems very familiar as well.

Anyhow welcome to the thunder dome. You should be very comfortable here.

As far as 60 minutes and CBS are concerned. This new revelation does not surprise me one bit. Just think of the documented liberal bias of Dan Rather and Katie Couric. Reporting is now commentating in the MSM.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So far now you and some other dude have made bizarre statements directed towards me.

Odd that I would be ridiculed as having a "zest for facts" on a website devoted to Denying Ignorance as a mission statement. Frankly, I'm not sure what I've stirred up or stumbled into but it sure looks enticing.

Relating to subject matter of thread:

The Anti Defamation league lists "Sovereign Citizens" on their watch list. The distinction between that group and the one defended by the majority of sentiments expressed here make much more sense to me now but the similar sounding names are confusing to myself and perhaps other casual observers.

I honestly interpret the 60 Minutes expose as more of a failure to make a clear distinction between two albeit dissimilar groups with albeit similar names as opposed to "getting caught" sensationalizing.

Interested parties may follow link to article I mentioned above at ADL website for reference:

www.adl.org...

/MD

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedDebater

Well, bizarre posts sometimes yield "enticing" responses. Need I go count how many times you mentioned how new you were and that you were still learning the ropes in a variety of posts. Plus your interesting exchange with a MOD. Perhaps bitter feelings of a recently banned member are showing through here. Just Kurious and hoping that nothing sinnister is afoot considering the development of recent events

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yet the majority still watch the news daily and beleive everything they see.

This is the reason i come to ATS for my North East West South.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by MaskedDebater

Well, bizarre posts sometimes yield "enticing" responses. Need I go count how many times you mentioned how new you were and that you were still learning the ropes in a variety of posts. Plus your interesting exchange with a MOD. Perhaps bitter feelings of a recently banned member are showing through here. Just Kurious and hoping that nothing sinnister is afoot considering the development of recent events

I have no earthly idea what you are alluding to except to decipher your obsession with me is strange to say the least. I'd love to debate you if I could grasp your accusation. Are you suggesting I'm a shill or imposter? Granted my experience with forums are limited to things of technical nature and ebay but I'm perplexed at being targeted.

I suppose this is to be expected in a conspiracy site so no complaints. But if you are keeping tabs on me or counting things I write, I feel I am being stalked. Just maybe you have some ax to grind. ??????

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here's recent communication I sent to Sally Kohn similar to this topic:

Greetings, Ms. Kohn: I am not writing to inquire a media appearance. Rather, I am writing to apologize on behalf of any spiritual, peace-loving, tolerant, open conservatives who listened to you being bashed by Hannity yesterday. I was disgusted by his treatment of you and, upon conclusion of the "interview," I changed the channel.

I've not been previously exposed to "Sally Kohn" and found myself interested in your positions, which were not in total disagreement with Hannity's. However he did not afford you so much as a second to get established! In fact, he was cutting you down in his introduction of you when he described you as "...a community organizer, whatever that means." Moreover, he continually accused you of being a liberal mouth piece for lefty talking points. Ha! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! In addition to repeating the same stats over and over, he answered his own questions on your behalf which appeared to me to be mere speculative stereotyping.

I transitioned over to Fox news years ago because of the "mainstream" media's clear left agenda. However, I've become just as disgusted with Fox's talk programming. Hannity's demeanor has become O'Reilly-esque with a longer fuse.

Whatever happened to the investigative journalist? The guy or gal who, in good faith and genuine motivation, seeks the truth and exposes it to the rest of us Truth Seekers by wading through the seedy subcultures for late-night meetings in the park with the whistle blowers and the Deep Throats?

NO news media is without agenda today, from you to Michelle Malkin, and from Fox to BBC and Al Jazeera. News has become a movement of varying political ideologies and THAT, in my humble opinion, is a major contributor to the polarization and inevitable destruction of our communities. You're feeding the Machine when the Machine needs to be shut down and retooled.

But, I digress...just know that there are still people out here, regardless of our conditioning and beliefs, who hold love and human compassion as values far more important than who's responsible for the deficit, the scandal, the corruption, the _________ (fill in the blank).

As long as news media focus on the problems, we will always have them. It won't be until, collectively, the media allows itself to focus on SOLUTIONS that it becomes a productive contributor to our community(ies) again.

Namaste.

Here is her reply:

Thank you for your email. I truly appreciate it. Please do rest assured that I know Sean's schtick and I know what I'm getting into when I agree to be a guest on his show. That said, I entirely agree with you about the need for civil disagreement and debate on both sides of the political divide and I'm very touched by the thoughts you shared. With gratitude, Sally

For what it's worth...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Now days if you are against war you are not compassionate and also thrifty of the public purse you are a terrorist.

If you want smaller more efficient government that provides for the liberty of the people and not much more you are a domestic terror threat (extremist).

If you think the Federal Reserve is a mechanism for transferring the wealth of the nation from the productive people to the idle elite and are against funding them you are a tax cheat.

They of course pay no taxes and are above such things. They are fully employed growing the public trough and making sure you are not invited to feed from it just contribute to it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The last time I watched 60 minutes must have been in 1989 or so. If a tree falls in the wilderness and no body hears it does it matter? If 60 minutes reports something and only journalists from MSNBC and Fox even watch it who cares?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Kiss Rocker Gene Simmons tells us how he really feels about Barry Hussein Obama. I guess the mainstream NBC got an earful!

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I like 60 minutes though...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

Originally posted by Caji316
Thats why my t.v. hasn't been on since last year....it's all fantasy and no truths...

I wouldn't have a TV if it was only me but my gf likes galaxy radio. I rather not listen to galaxy, I bet they send subliminal messages lol

Not really on subject, by she also wants some DD beats headphones and I keep telling her she's been manipulated by the ads has those headphones are too expensive for the quality they have and the look isn't that cool to begin with. Music is a weapon and MSM music is pointed at us.

No they aren't.

Period.

(Cept the ear buds.)

Beats by Dr. Dre, and quite possibly the very best headphones I have ever had in my life.... They aren't for casually listening, they are for professional studio mixing.... But, yes, they rock casually too... but they are a professional tool, and at a professional level, for extremely cheap in relation to the products they actually compete with. The fullsize 300$ ones are obviously the best, and not only are they amazing in sound quality and bass tones and noise cancelling..... they are outstandingly comfortable.... They are heavy too, so they won't fly off your head if you move a little fast either...

(By the way, the competitor headphones that it goes against, price all the way up to 2,000$ and they are still better quality. I know, from experience.)

(sorry for being off topic.)

Back on topic...

I saw that episode, they painted the SC's as domestic terrorists... which is a bit extreme. They used a case of a nutjob to make their point, as if one person splinters off into the extreme, it means the entire movement did....

No common sense and obvious propaganda....
edit on 23-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
That's quite an interesting thread. May I suggest that instead of using CNN for news information, you turn your browser to Strategic Forecasting or STRATFOR? Here is the website:

www.stratfor.com...

Strategic Forecasting, Inc., more commonly known as STRATFOR, is a global intelligence company founded in 1996 in Austin, Texas by George Friedman who is the founder, chief intelligence officer, and CEO of the company. Fred Burton is STRATFOR's Vice President for Counterterrorism and Corporate Security.STRATFOR has been cited by media such as CNN, Bloomberg, the Associated Press, Reuters, The New York Times and the BBC as an authority on strategic and tactical intelligence issues. Barron's once referred to it as "The Shadow CIA".

I don't want to advertise this company, but I do want to suggest it as an alternative to Mainstream Media Outlets, for your better education.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join