It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY oh WHY do I have to read articles about food....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Now I know why ignorance is bliss...

I was just reading about how more and more fruits and veggies are being imported from china.

exploding watermelons caused by too much growth horomone

I had no clue that 60 percent of the U.S. apple/apple juice supply comes form china.

HOW do you know for SURE where our fresh food comes from?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

All us Americans are part of a giant genetic experiment that we never consented to. We're all guinea pigs to see if poor people can live on food without vitamins or taste.

Its only a matter of time before we have caffeine and mood enhancers genetically implanted into our food. They're both in sodas nowadays, thats just the start. Check out phenylalanine.

Grow your own but most importantly CAN your own. If you have to throw away your crop because you cant eat it all is a huge waste of time and the Earth's energy. At least give it away.

Try Farmer's Markets. In order for us to create a community of REAL food we have to support real farmers. Not corporate food grown by corporate farmers which is exaclty what hip, "green", and "organic" Whole Foods is fueling.

Just because your employees wear thick black glasses doesnt mean your store is helping the environment or defeating our culture of corporate food. Whole Foods is just a big marketing scam.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid that is found naturally in most foods that contain protein: beef, turkey, chicken, dairy, eggs

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Its also added to Pepsi and Coca Cola in the form of aspartame. Phenylalanine is a mood inhancer and stimulates serotonin in the brain. It actually links up with the pleasure receptors in the brain and satisfies them the same way sex and drugs do.

A lot of chemicals are naturally found in the body but in minute amounts. '___' is in found naturally in the brain and all of nature too. But take too much of that and your brain does some wacky things. Its the same with a lot of chemicals

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Its also added to Pepsi and Coca Cola in the form of aspartame. Phenylalanine is a mood inhancer and stimulates serotonin in the brain. It actually links up with the pleasure receptors in the brain and satisfies them the same way sex and drugs do.

So. You consume a lot more phenylalanine from eating protein on a day to day basis that you would from drinking a can of coke

A lot of chemicals are naturally found in the body but in minute amounts. '___' is in found naturally in the brain and all of nature too. But take too much of that and your brain does some wacky things. Its the same with a lot of chemicals

Phenylalanine is not found naturally in the body, that's why it is referred to as an essential amino acid. An amino acid that cannot be synthesised by the body so has to be supplied in the diet.
edit on 18/5/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

My bad. I misread what you wrote. Good points and I stand corrected

top topics

join