It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS 134 launch in live !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tomten

And we have liftoff!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/214c61e49460.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Thank Goodness it went perfectly

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Endeavor is in orbit.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
We were watching it go from about 100 miles away. I'll post any decent photo I got.

There were a lot of people on the beach, even a full hundred miles away. We were staring at the sky when someone suddenly shouted, "She's flying! She's flying!" and I looked... and looked again, and there she was -- a bright stream of fire with a long white contrail.

I'm going to see if I can talk hubby into a trip to Kennedy Space Center later this week (we are on vacation here in Florida.)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i missed the launch because of work

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Missed the launch but am watching it now on NASA TV.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
GLP live endeavour noticed during the launch : "Right before the separation of the tank..Did you all notice the bright colorflashes around the orbiter? Strange...looked like contrails forming...but up ther it would be no air..and not those colors. I know they have manouveringjets...but not around the wings...and not so colorful...Explanations anyone?"

did you notice anything?
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
GLP live endeavour noticed during the launch : "Right before the separation of the tank..Did you all notice the bright colorflashes around the orbiter? Strange...looked like contrails forming...but up ther it would be no air..and not those colors. I know they have manouveringjets...but not around the wings...and not so colorful...Explanations anyone?"

did you notice anything?
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

"GLP live" apparently hasn't watched many shuttle launches. I haven't seen footage, but I know that explosive charges are used to separate the tank from the orbiter. I suspect this was what was seen. I wonder if "GLP live" has compared this to other (NASA... not Inane Chatter TV or Inane Chatter Commentary) launch footage. Preferably footage with only NASA commenting, since they give the event sequences and don't fill the silence with pointless human interest stories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join