It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Lawmaker: Hezbollah ‘setting up camp’ in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have heard this before but I am not sure if it is true.

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) on Friday said Hezbollah is setting up camp in Mexico and that Middle Eastern individuals who wish to do Americans harm are coming across the border. “We know that Hezbollah has been setting up camp across the U.S. border in Mexico, that they have been working with drug cartels in Mexico," Gohmert said. "It appears we see some of the signs of that in the way people are murdered, the way the crime business is developed.” Hezbollah is a Shiite militant group based out of Southern Lebanon that receives funding from Iran and seeks the destruction of both Israel and the United States. The U.S. State Department classifies Hezbollah as a terrorist organization........

thehill.com...
Any body else heard about this?
Sounds like this alone should give us enough reason to close our southern border.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Uhhh is this fearmongering because it certainly sounds like an excuse to initiate a third invasion of Mexico

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

yeah i have heard of this but some articles i have read said they have been setting up camp for the past 10 to 15 years.

and yes all the more reason to secure the border but good luck tho

as long as the left and obama continue to play politics to get the hispanic vote that border will never be secured.

some moats and allligators could definately stop a nuke being driven across the border if it hasnt already happened.

or worse yet the mexico us border could become the new isreal with hamas lobbing rockets over the border it will be hezzbolah.

any way you look at the situation something needs to be done

edit on 15-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I think invading may be a little over board. Closing/securing the border would be enough. Why you jumping to conclusions?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

10-15 years is a long time. No telling what they have been up to. I have noticed that the latest executions have had a middle eastern style to them.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

yes been hearing about alot of beheadings could be hezbollah making it look like la raza.

the drugs are the tip of the iceberg and everyone know the biggest biggest financers of terrorism is drugs and oil

and mexico doesnt have alot of oil but the sure have alot of drugs

thats my take

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Rep. Gohmert is my district representative. He's completely bat# crazy. While that doesn't mean what he's saying about this is or isn't true, it is my personal belief that he is clinically insane. I'm embarrassed to have him as my Rep in Washington.

/TOA

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
noisyroom.net...

motherjones.com...

thetruthwins.com...

www.uncoverage.net...

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com...

www.jihadwatch.org...

these are just a few website and people echoing what congressman have said feel free to dismiss these if you want

but the "drug war" that has claimed over 35,000 deaths is a fact

and it is also a fact that radical islamic extremism preys on unstable areas,

just food for thought.

all anyone really has to do is google " hezzbollah in mexico" to find out the real deal
edit on 15-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Any body else heard about this? Sounds like this alone should give us enough reason to close our southern border.

YES

There have been reports of the Koran found on illegals.

Here is another report: Radical Islam makes inroads among Latin America's Native peoples - February 21, 2010

A book celebrating suicide bombers has been found in the Arizona desert just north of the U.S.-Mexican border, authorities tell Fox News.

The book, “In Memory of Our Martyrs,” was spotted Tuesday by a U.S. Border Patrol agent out of the Casa Grande substation who was patrolling a route known for smuggling illegal immigrants and drugs.

Published in Iran, it consists of short biographies of Islamic suicide bombers and other Islamic militants who died carrying out attacks.

According to internal U.S. Customs and Border Protection documents, “The book also includes letters from suicide attackers to their families, as well as some of their last wills and testaments.” Each biographical page contains “the terrorist’s name, date of death, and how they died.” www.foxnews.com...

...Here are the highlights from the documents, which we obtained pursuant to a Freedom of Information Act request filed on January 26, 2011:

* U.S. Border Patrol agents apprehended 463,382 individuals smuggled across the border, including 8,905 smugglers. (3,027 of the smugglers apprehended were deemed “deportable.”)
* U.S. Border Patrol agents apprehended 59,017 “Other Than Mexican” illegal aliens through October 7, 2010.
* Among the nations represented in apprehension statistics are the four countries currently on the State Department’s list of “State Sponsors of Terrorism,” Cuba (712), Iran (14), Syria (5) and Sudan (5), as well as Somalia (9), Afghanistan (9), Pakistan (37), Saudi Arabia (5) and Yemen (11).
* Overall, U.S. Border Patrol agents apprehended 663 “Aliens from Special Interest Countries.” These countries are deemed “special interest” because of their suspected ties to terrorism....

[From comment section]

...Gee, the govt is really on the ball. Those along the southern AZ border knew all this over 10 years ago when the prayer rugs, korans, and illegals arrived who claimed to be from Mexico but could hardly speak the language....

biggovernment.com...

You might want to read my thread for a broader picture: Napolitano sets stage for False Flag Terrorist Attack

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

One local television news program recently interviewed a former U.S. intelligence agent who has spent many years tracking Hezbollah activities in Mexico. The following are some quotes from that interview about Hezbollah....
*"They are recognized by many experts as the 'A' team of Muslim terrorist organizations."
*"We are looking at 15 or 20 years that Hezbollah has been setting up shop in Mexico."
*"they are the equals of Russians, Chinese or Cubans"
*"They're focusing on developing … infiltrating communities within North America." Right now they are making a ton of money from selling drugs and trafficking illegal aliens, and they send that money back to Lebanon to fund the fight against Israel. But someday the organization that Hezbollah has built up in Mexico will be used to fight against the United States.

thetruthwins.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I could care less if Hezbollah is there. The Cartel is a real enough threat on its own. The Mexican government has absolutely no control over them. The police is, rightfully so, too afraid for their lives to police them. Innocent Mexican citizens are too afraid to take a stand, because they fear for their lives and the lives of their family. Politicians have been publicly assassinated. THEY HAVE MEXICO BY THE BALLS. Firstly, our borders need to be closed and secured. I don't understand how this is even a matter of debate. Then, we need to take the multibillion dollar drug trade out of their hands. Then, we need to validate the citizenship of EVERYONE in our country of every race and nationality. If anyone is found to be illegally living here they need to be deported. In the process of deportation we must make any "good" Mexican illegals understand that their country needs them and that we stand behind them. Once all this is done, however it is possible, we can analyze, with the Mexican government, the situation to determine whether military force is necessary.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariess

Very well stated Ariess.
All you said is true but I believe we must take notice if they have such a strong presence there. It just makes a very bad situation a lot worse.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
At first glance, Arabs can easily assimilate into the Mexican society, especially if they speak Spanish. One of the things I used to remark upon downrange was if you replaced Arab dress with serapes and sombreros, you could do a remake of any of the Magnificent Seven series or Sergio Leone type films.

Everyone looked around and said, “Yea, I can see it.”

This is actually dated news. We have known this for some time. My question is, Why are we not doing anything about it?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yea, I can see it.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Oh god that guy again...

He isn't fit to hold any office.

top topics

join