It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theory? Your Face Is A Conspiracy Theory...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
"The phrase conspiracy theory gives a distinct impression to the average person. The JFK assassination, Area 51, Roswell, government cover-ups, Jimmy Hoffa, strange disappearances... These subjects sound a bit too fantasy for the average person. And it's quite understandable- they’re supposed to sound made-up. Throughout the mistranslation of time, and embellishment of these stories, facts were added or omitted. Some may be true, and some may be false. But one thing is for sure. If a global secret needed to remain hidden, yet began emerging among the public, the best cover-up is to embellish or alter the story, until it sounds ludicrous. So what happens when the secret involves the government, and the government has intimate ties to the mainstream media, and this mainstream media has been proven to sway at least 80% of the public’s opinion? The logic is undeniable. Media is put into place, in every form, to make people feel stupid for even keeping an open mind towards conspiracy theories. Movies, books, fairytales, and folklore can all be used as tools to make the average person feel insane for supporting or believing a conspiracy. And why shouldn’t they? Our leaders have no problem telling us not to believe or investigate these theories". -- Esoteric Agenda

The speech from President George W. Bush after 9/11 comes to mind. “Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories, concerning the attacks on September 11. Malicious lies that attempt to shift the blame away from the terrorists themselves”… The same person who insisted on appearing before the 9/11 commission with the VP, rather than separate, which was their request. And when doing so, they were not under oath, there were no press or family members allowed to attend, no recording of any kind was allowed, and no transcript was taken.

But that’s just my opinion, and I could be wrong! I feel that a person who is looked down upon in these times for simply questioning the information delivered to the public via major news organizations, of which just happen to all be owned by the largest corporations, is the craziest thing of all.

I say the whole issue concerning what are “verifiable facts” and acceptable news sources is a shady one at best. I now realize that every single thing we come to know as human beings comes from either what we see, or what we hear, and sometimes even what we see isn’t reality (mirages, etc.). So even what we get from the news is just based off of some source. Who deems it “verifiable”? A creditable source? That’s why I believe folks should get their information from different sources and angles, and I think everyone should be in charge of “doing their own thinking”. But it also seems apparent to me that there is much to gain from swaying public opinion. “Economics 101 teaches that human beings are motivated by self-interest. This is day-1 teaching in any college-level economics course. And as long as the control over something equals profit, the real power emerges”… That's my quote.

Yea...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Great post and so relevant these days. I blame a lot of this on the media constantly repeating the phrase "conspiracy theory". Not every conspiracy is a theory. There have been conspiracies on this earth since the beginning of man, but whenever you hear the word conspiracy, what is the first thing that pops into your mind? "Theory"

Here's a short list:

63 BC The second Catiline conspiracy
44 BC Caesar assassination plot
1605 The Gunpowder Plot
1763 Small pox infected blankets given to Native Americans
1810 to 1850 the Underground Railroad
1865 The Assassination of President Abraham Lincoln
1894 The Dreyfus affair
1894 Overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii
1898-1913 Western Water Rights: Los Angeles vs. Owens Valley
1913 Federal Reserve Act
1919 Black Sox Scandal
1930's National Crime Syndicate
1932 General Motors streetcar conspiracy
1932 to 1972 Tuskegee Syphilis Study
1945 Nazi gold
1950 Project MKULTRA
1953 Operation Midnight Climax
1953 Operation Ajax
1954 Operation PBSUCCESS
1956 COINTELPRO
1961 Bay of Pigs invasion
1961 The Cuban Project
1962 Operation Northwoods
1964 Gulf of Tonkin incident
1965 Suppressing Sarkhan
1967 to ? USS LIBERTY
1969 Secret Bombing of Cambodia
1969 to 1982 Italian Strategy of tension
1970 to ? Air America & Operation Scatback
1972 to 1974 Watergate scandal
1975-1999 Indonesian occupation of East Timor
1981 to 1986 Iran-Contra
1988 Nelson Bunker Hunt and Silver Thursday
1990 Las Vegas American Coin Fixed Video Poker Conspiracy
1993 Assassination plot against President George H.W. Bush
1993 WTC terrorist attack
1994 Diamonds are forever?
1995 The Bojinka Plot
1995 Oklahoma City bombing
1995 to 2004 Jack Abramoff Indian lobbying scandal
2001 Enron and Arthur Andersen
2002 Las Vegas Venetian Rigged Drawing
2004 Secret CIA Prisons
2005 Ahmed Omar Abu Ali
2005 DRAM price fixing
2005 Bernard Ebbers

conspiraciesthatweretrue.blogspot.com...

***Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean there's no conspiracy.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Wow, interesting list.. Thanks for the information..

new topics

join