It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PlayStation Network Slowly Coming Online Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
www.eurogamer.net...

Sign in to the PlayStation Network now and you'll be asked to download new firmware and change your password.

Sony hopes to make online gaming available at 1am, Eurogamer understands.

blog.us.playstation.com...

finance.yahoo.com...

All I can really say is.......finally.

1am can not come quick enough.....if it actually works

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Since this message is from eurogamer.net, does that mean it's going to be back online 1 am euro time? If so, then it would mean it's back online in a couple of hours in north america!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blackhawk420

My fingers are crossed exactly for that - 1am eurotime.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Heres a map on playstation blog that shows which states have psn functions restored

Play On – PSN Restoration Begins Now

Please note that these services will take a bit of time to be turned on and rolled out to the whole country. The process has begun and some states are being turned on now, so please be patient as we reach your city and state. We’ll be updating the map below as service comes online in individual states. It will take several hours to restore PSN throughout the entire country, so please keep checking back for the latest updates. In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3’s firmware updated and change your password, both of which are required to get online.

I wonder which state will be first?

Edit - Heres the sony presidents message

edit on 14-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
geeez about time

feels like its been eons

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I've just tried to update the ps3 but i get a DNS error code 80710101 and on internet connection test it says failed next to "internet connection." But what's weird is that i can still surf the web on it. :/

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
PSN was working today morning till around 2:30pm (mountain time), and now it says it's going under maintenance again...
edit on 5/15/2011 by blackhawk420 because: spelling errors

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

PSN was working today morning till around 2:30pm (mountain time), and now it says it's going under maintenance again...

Its been happening to me to. I played last night around 1am till 4am, then woke up at 3pm to find it down again. It came back up around 3:30 tho. I think Sony is doing more stuff, like adding the ps store or something.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Just read PlayStation's blog. The reason it's been going down is because, too many people are resetting their passwords, and it's overloading the server.

Update on Service Restoration Rollout

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I was playing online earlier today but it's down again, all I had to do though was change my password, I didn't have to download anything, am I the only one or did other people only have to change passwords?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by THEuntouchable

Everyone has to change their password. it's a requirement from Sony in order to get on your PSN account, because of user's data on their accounts being compromised.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yeah but I didn't have to download an update, I check for one everyday and there was nothing.

top topics

join