It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, 13th Crystal Skull FOUND in Germany!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Are we all talking about the same crystal skulls?

A bit more of the wiki article Miniatus touched on above is pretty conclusively damning to the provenance being claimed by some.

The crystal skulls are a number of human skull hardstone carvings made of clear or milky quartz rock, known in art history as "rock crystal", claimed to be pre-Columbian Mesoamerican artifacts by their alleged finders.

However, none of the specimens made available for scientific study have been authenticated as pre-Columbian in origin. The results of these studies demonstrated that those examined were manufactured in the mid-19th century or later, almost certainly in Europe.

Despite some claims presented in an assortment of popularizing literature, legends of crystal skulls with mystical powers do not figure in genuine Mesoamerican or other Native American mythologies and spiritual accounts

and furthermore, the wiki writeup goes on to say..

Research carried out on several crystal skulls at the British Museum in 1967, 1996 and again in 2004 has shown that the indented lines marking the teeth (for these skulls had no separate jawbone, unlike the Mitchell-Hedges skull) were carved using jeweler's equipment (rotary tools) developed in the 19th century, making a supposed pre-Columbian origin problematic.

The type of crystal was determined by examination of chlorite inclusions, and is only to be found in Madagascar and Brazil, and thus unobtainable or unknown within pre-Columbian Mesoamerica.

The study concluded that the skulls were crafted in the 19th century in Germany, quite likely at workshops in the town of Idar-Oberstein renowned for crafting objects made from imported Brazilian quartz at this period in the late 19th century...

A detailed study of the British Museum and Smithsonian crystal skulls was accepted for publication by the Journal of Archaeological Science in May 2008.Using electron microscopy and X-ray crystallography, a team of British and American researchers found that the British Museum skull was worked with a harsh abrasive substance such as corundum or diamond, and shaped using a rotary disc tool made from some suitable metal.

The Smithsonian specimen had been worked with a different abrasive, namely the silicon-carbon compound carborundum which is a synthetic substance manufactured using modern industrial techniques. Since the synthesis of carborundum dates only to the 1890s and its wider availability to the 20th century, the researchers concluded "[t]he suggestion is that it was made in the 1950s or later".

One archaeologist in particular had a rather interesting perspective regarding the crystal skulls being displayed as museum exhibits..

Crystal skulls have been described as "A fascinating example of artifacts that have made their way into museums with no scientific evidence to prove their rumored pre-Columbian origins

Crystal Skull

I think this one is pretty clearly a fun story that has taken on a life of its own over the course of a few generations.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

I tried draining it, but that $h!t smells like pure rubbing alcohol.
Strong stuff. Cheap, but strong. I bought it more for the container.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
When i get my hands on all the skulls, i will tell all the ghosts to reek havok on all the elites and put them in a living hell. Reek havok and posses them to do evil's apon themselves, of all mental, physical origins and to seek out other greeders to do the same. Posses the greeder. Torment the greeder. Torture greeder. Mentally confuse the greeder. Abuse the greeder and make his nighmare come alive.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Of course the American ones are fake. Americans can be quite the con-artists... I should know... i am one

This is a great topic OP! I once saw a documentary on the skulls and will now have to refresh. They are quite fascinating!

13 is in fact an interesting number. Like the astrological signs recently adding the 13th (Ophiuchus... the sign of healing)

Maybe that's why Dan Akroyd makes his vodka in a skull. I really should get one of those for display in a shelf.
edit on 5/14/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333
[m
They are just a modern day hoax. Looks like they have fooled quite a few people.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What i'm finding interesting about this is that sounds suspiciously similar to
that of the Indiana Movie (minus indiana jones), is that in the Movie The German
Soldiers got hold of it, making it 13 in all and here is this HEADLINE saying
that the 13th Skull was just found in Germany?

They're having fun with everyone right now aren't they.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Looks likes they're all one form or another of quartz crystal.

Amethyst, rose, and the clear crystals are all quartz.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
There have been quite a few studies regarding the sculls and many different beliefs of their origins. Some believe that they were created by the Mayans, aliens or were gifts from the gods. Some believe that if brought together they will end the world, or save it, and then there has also been talk that the one who possesses all 13 sculls could attain unimaginable powers.

Seems like an all or nothing deal, eh? I've always been interested in the crystal skulls. They're made of quartz which is what we use to store information in some devices but we only need a small bit. So if that's what these are for imagine the tarabytes of memory are on each one. maybe the history of our race and our planet and the Aliens that visited us.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by forall2see
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Of course the American ones are fake. Americans can be quite the con-artists... I should know... i am one

This is a great topic OP! I once saw a documentary on the skulls and will now have to refresh. They are quite fascinating!

13 is in fact an interesting number. Like the astrological signs recently adding the 13th (Ophiuchus... the sign of healing)

Maybe that's why Dan Akroyd makes his vodka in a skull. I really should get one of those for display in a shelf.
edit on 5/14/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

It may also be why the Skull and Bones use the logo they do. And everyone knows how evil they are.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
There's a thread somewhere about a plant in the Americas that softens stone... You can find stone walls in South-central America that seem too perfect to be true. Ideas were floated around that this plant was used to shape these skulls... Perhaps preventing such splitting.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Maybe this is art work left behind by an alien race from another planet.....a message of some sort...but...what is the message?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Crystal Skull

Questioner: I have one question that is possibly of no value. You don’t have to expand on it, but there is a crystal skull in the possession of a woman near Toronto. It may be of some value in investigating these communications with Ra since I think possibly this had some origin from Ra. Can you tell me anything about that, and then is there anything that we can do to improve the contact or to make the instrument more comfortable?

Ra: I am Ra. Although your query is one which uncovers interesting material we can not answer due to the potential an answer may have for affecting your actions. The appurtenances are carefully placed and requisite care taken. We are appreciative. All is well.

The Group Soul Complex (Ra) couldn't answer what's the power behind the mystery, seems we just have to wait for the mystery to unfold anytime soon.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

Thats a new springfield you have there very nice....It's a 45. right? and that holder came with it and has the three button release for it I think....Again nice purchase for sure. Hmmmmm you must be military or law enforcement which there isn't much difference.

-Invisible crown-

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SamuraiCentury

Why, yes it is the XDM .45. Thanks for noticing. The holster did come with it. Great gun. I'm not military or police, just a law-abiding gun owner exercising my 2nd amendment right.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

blah blah blah crystal skulls...dont make me laugh

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

All movies came from an idea that was spawned from somewhere...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401

Would be awesome to figure out how to get the info from them!!!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is OLD, btw.

didn't this happen in like March?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... Check out this link on the crystal caves. It's got a nice video I haven't seen yet until now. When I found out about these caves I wondered if the crystal skulls were made there. The caves are awesome.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Take this as you like, because it's from a channeling session, but this source mentions there are 16 skulls on Earth; with 48 total between 3 planets.

Channeling session mentions Crystal Skulls: 16 on Earth, 48 total

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join