It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Blackwater officials form corporate spying group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Former Blackwater officials form corporate spying group

www.rawstory.com

"Operation Jellyfish is an innovative, private sector initiative designed by a team of former military and intelligence operatives, chief executives and corporate strategists offering private intelligence services to CEOs and senior executives of multinational corporations," the group claimed.

A marketing document promises Jellyfish has "figures inside key circles... including within the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, clerical circles in Iran, and tribal leaderships on the Pakistani side of the [Afghanistan-Pakistan] border region."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
jellyfishintel.com
www.wired.com
press.org
oilprice.com

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It seems some former Blackwater boys have decided to do spying (and possibly other mercenary type work) for those that pull the strings of governments. The big corporations.

They claim that they are not controversial and only want to "protect human lives and business interests around the world." *ahem* Yes, they are really just little angles.

I'm sure that is why the advertise they have figures in key circles like the clerics in Iran, and tribal leaders in Afghanistan / Pakistan.

In addition to these "on the ground" sources they also boast of a sophisticated computer intel system that will pull data from proprietary, public and "specifically targeted" sources to provide its corporate clients and edge they couldn't get otherwise.

Sure, I don't see how that could possibly be thought of something that could be used for evil ends.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-5-2011 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Good for them! Its a free market in need for more job creation. Obama just asked companies to start hiring more didn't he. Sign me up I've been working on my Farsi....

These guys can collect intel in ways not possible in our Politically Correct world. In a world where intel agents are attacked and prosecuted by their own govt as a result of pressure from foreign lands. IN a world where our on Vice President Biden outs Members of a covert SEAL unit that took down OBL. These guys now need further protection for them and for their familes...

news.yahoo.com...

Since President Barack Obama announced that “a small team of Americans” had killed Osama bin Laden, US government officials have carefully stuck to the line that they will not talk about which units were involved.

Obama did not say it was the SEALs. In numerous television appearances, Obama’s counter-terrorism chief John Brennan didn’t and his deputy national security adviser Denis McDonough didn’t. Despite the numerous news reports that named the SEALs, none of the anonymous briefers from the CIA and Pentagon would confirm it.

Here’s a typical response to a question about the SEALs from a senior defence official in a Pentagon briefing on Monday:

QUESTION: Can I ask you, can you confirm that it was a (Navy) SEAL team? And was this a specially designated team that had been practising or reviewing intelligence for a while and they were the unit of choice?

SENIOR DEFENCE OFFICIAL: Not going to comment on units or numbers.

But here’s what the legendarily verbose and loose-lipped Vice President Joe Biden said at a dinner at Washington’s Ritz Carlton Hotel last night to mark the 50th anniversary of the Atlantic Council:

Let me briefly acknowledge tonight’s distinguished honorees. Admiral James Stavridis is a, is the real deal. He can tell you more about and understands the incredible, the phenomenal, the just almost unbelievable capacity of his Navy SEALs and what they did last Sunday.

And:

Folks, I’d be remiss also if I didn’t say an extra word about the incredible events, extraordinary events of this past Sunday. As Vice President of the United States, as an American, I was in absolute awe of the capacity and dedication of the entire team, both the intelligence community, the CIA, the SEALs. It just was extraordinary.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

Given that, let these guys do what they do best... Furthermore, in the realm of protection services, someone needs to fill the void in this area. Law enforcement agencies in the US and around the world are merely reactionary these days. Not prevention or protection in the purest forms. They'll show up to fill out the reports once they get the call...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I'm not sure I quite agree with you here. Can't see them hiring squat. Just a continuous influx of thugs, increasing as
wars and stealing wind down. A supposed need for them, a "pre-conceived notion" by big corporations, that just adds
to the tainted legacy of doing business. Business "as usual". I see nothing positive about it . . just money . . and
dirt. Oh hail . . all hail . . the wall street scourge.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

So pretty much minus the dream thing, Inception is real ? lol

They get paid to collect intel on other companies to find their secrets ?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Well - kinda. I'm sure they'll likely perform most any dirty deed for a nominal fee.

Here are a few of the things they claim to offer. Part of the group is from Able Danger. The project that developed the computer system that (in theory) identified some Al-Quedia in US before 9/11.

Evidently through their contacts and computer skills they can put their clients "in the know". Also, it isn't said, but it is implied (IMO) that they can also put a friendly (or unfriendly) word in certain ears to make business dealings go smoother.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It's spy versus spy . We will/ they will just have to counter them with a guard tower, Psychic sensor , Psychic beacon , Yuri or an Attack Dog . Just like in Red Alert . haha!

top topics

join