It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Flare Erupts from Crab Nebula ~ Universe on Edge of Event?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Any time frame as to when it will, if it will, hit us?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I wonder if maybe this is a cycle the galaxy goes through every billion years or so. As a civilization, we have not been around long, [This time] and really don't know what is normal. There are extinctions throughout the history of this planet. It is thought to have happened 5 or 6 times. Everything is reset to zero. The bacteria that survive have to start over and work back up to where we are now. I think one of our highest priorities should be to get off this planet and colonize. We have all our eggs in one basket and that basket is very fragile.

I Agree TOO !!

It's a little bit like the film, 'The Matrix'........... I think earth ''resets'' every so often, like the Matrix does in the film........ I think the only primary aim of the most intelligent (?) form of life on this planet should be the NEED to leave it and go elsewhere......

Maybe in one of the Earth's past , or a different dimension....we did !!!! Hooray !!

BUT in our present we seem NOT TO BE BOTHERED............. V. sad

PDUK

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Any time frame as to when it will, if it will, hit us?

I don't think it will hit us, the significance of this is the changes happening in the universe around us as well as here on earth.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The delusion of constants on the earth and in the universe is just that, a delusion.

We're only now just starting to learn about it and observe it from a bird's eyeview, thanks to new technologies. Earth changes, solar system anomalies, galactic anomalies and beyond does not necessarily equate to end times. Change has been the only constant since the beginning of time (whenever the hell that was).

We call it evolution... you didn't really think that just plants and animals evolve/mutate/change, did you ?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy

I never said that this was the signal of "End Times" But this is an event that is out of the ordinary, granted, Something like this may have happened before but most likely it has not been in our time. One big Flare from the Crab Nebula is not an occasion to buy a bobm shelter, what I am concerned with is the collection of events that seem to be unfolding.

Here is more info on the rate of decay,
Link
Link

Your source said it:

Everyday theres is less and less doubt that this is the time of the end-cycle foretold by prophets, wisemen and sages.

Why do you say it is out of the ordinary? Do you think two years of observations is enough to determine that? How can you say it has not before happened in our time when we had no way of measuring it until very (very) recently.

I am familiar with the alleged change in radioactive decay rates. Again, please show me where even the scientists who discovered it say it is a new phenomenon, that there is any reason not to believe that the changes have not been occurring for billions of years.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Maybe the Gamma flare was caused by the advancing Galactic Superwave.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Super Flare Erupts from Crab Nebula - Better than a super dose of crabs I feel.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Version100

The center of the Galaxy is in the direction of Sagittarius. The Crab Nebula is in the direction of Taurus, away from the center of the Galaxy.

If the gamma flares from the Crab are the result of the "superwave", it already hit us. About 2,000 years ago. Doesn't seem to have wiped us out and that doesn't exactly fit LaViolette's timeline.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The center of the Galaxy is in the direction of Sagittarius. The Crab Nebula is in the direction of Taurus, away from the center of the Galaxy.

If the gamma flares from the Crab are the result of the "superwave", it already hit us. About 2,000 years ago. Doesn't seem to have wiped us out and that doesn't exactly fit LaViolette's timeline.

LOL, I was just joking. I didn't bother to check directions.

Considering the Crab Nebula is estimated to be 6500ly
distant I'm not too worried about what it does.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Are you saying the "superwave" was faster than the Gamma Ray's and light? What is the composition of such 'superwave'? The 'light' of the explosion of the star that formed the Crab Nebula was seen on Earth for nearly two years in 1054. I would expect us to see the light first, followed by Neutrons and only some long time after that followed by a 'superwave' - IF such does reach the Earth. Kind of same you see whn a bomb exlodes - Light, shock, wave.

Current (ASSUMED) estimates are that the Crab Nebula is expanding at the rate of 1,500 km/second.
At this rate, theoretically the 'super wave' will hit Earth in about 192 million years from now. Since I am mathematically impaired, could somebody try to calculate the speed of the million eV Neutron? I bet it would be something like 265,500,400,000 km per second. Or in simple terms about 0.87 the speed of light. Hmmm, not my number, it is actually a rounded off number reached by a group of post graduate students.

What it all says, in short indicates that IF all the numbers are right; we are now due to get the Neutron wave from Crab Nubula. Obviously it depends in the real distance, velocity, energy . . . and off course there is the protection of the Heliopause and Magnetosphere . . . Oh shucks, they don't block Neutrons and Neutrinos

edit on 12/5/2011 by Aromaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Aromaz

No.
The "superwave" we are talking about is supposed to originate from the center of the galaxy.
I don't happen to believe in it. I'm not too worried about the products of the Crab Nebula supernova either but the recently detected gamma bursts from the nebula are certainly nothing to be concerned about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join