It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are pundits referring to Osama as Obama?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Point taken sir

BTW what I really think it was -

We all stopped hearing about Osama Bin Laden everyday for the past 8 years or so but Obama's name is in the media every minute of every day, and especially being used by political pundits like the ones mentioned. Then all of a sudden we're expected to throw Osama back in to the mix.

I think it's only an issue because of who they are - if they were two senators no one would think twice about a mix up

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySprings

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by BlasteR

Its funny now, but then you die and go to hell. Why would god want something like that in heaven, so it really doesn’t matter.
Jesus died for your sins. Not for you to sin.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

Do you think name calling and making aspersions is a sin? I'm just curious.

Live from the studios in Mom's Basement it's the B__ __ E Show.

lol,We have to get that taking care lady of the red forest,lol,i will be over there today,most likly as my razor monicker,or linda,i dont know yet,maybe black flame.lol send me a pm.

i see my stalker,got ta go !

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

reply to post by BlasteR

Its funny now, but then you die and go to hell. Why would god want something like that in heaven, so it really doesn’t matter.

Pay no mind to that guy. He is so far gone nobody can help him. Check out some of his other posts/threads.. you'll see what I mean. Just ignore him.

Anyway, I don't think there is anything going on here. It's just a mixup. It seems people also mistakenly HEAR the wrong word too, for whatever reason.

When I told a few people about Osama's death, they thought I said OBAMA.

Makes sense really. Both names are pretty darn odd/uncommon to us westerners. Both names are nearly identical. OBAMA has been in the news and has been talked about more frequently than OSAMA in recent times, so we are used to saying and hearing "Obama" not "Osama"
edit on 11-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

I mean,he's been following me for the last 2 weeks from thread to thread harrasing me,really a creeper !
I'm like' Why is james so obssessed with me?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The NSA and secret service must be very busy this days with everybody saying "Obama is dead".

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
i think it's funny.

the only one i haven't heard slip up, was hannity.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

reply to post by BlasteR

Pay no mind to that guy. He is so far gone nobody can help him. Check out some of his other posts/threads.. you'll see what I mean. Just ignore him.

Anyway, I don't think there is anything going on here. It's just a mixup. It seems people also mistakenly HEAR the wrong word too, for whatever reason.

When I told a few people about Osama's death, they thought I said OBAMA.

Makes sense really. Both names are pretty darn odd/uncommon to us westerners. Both names are nearly identical. OBAMA has been in the news and has been talked about more frequently than OSAMA in recent times, so we are used to saying and hearing "Obama" not "Osama"
edit on 11-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

I mean,he's been following me for the last 2 weeks from thread to thread harrasing me,really a creeper !
I'm like' Why is james so obssessed with me?

James ,can you stop stalking me.
I feel james is watching me for some reason,i swear to god.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

i see my stalker,got ta go !

I think Dave claimed the same issue at one time. You're both such important people I see where that could be a problem.

Speaking of which check the known screen names I've had and have now on that other site, and type Musashi in the search. Peck too. You'll find responses to whatever I've posted just goes on forever it seems.

Such sweet comments too.
edit on 11-5-2011 by LadySprings because: added to comment

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

LOL! Actually, people following your activity on ATS is more of a compliment than anything else

I'm still looking for some BlasteR groupies! No luck yet.. Maybe I need my own right wing radio show! Woohoo.

-ChriS

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

LOL! Actually, people following your activity on ATS is more of a compliment than anything else

I'm still looking for some BlasteR groupies! No luck yet.. Maybe I need my own right wing radio show! Woohoo.

-ChriS

You really don’t understand Blaster, I said something nice about the democrats and obama on a site where there’s 97% republicans and tea people. If I showed you my pm on the ats, you would probably tell me to call the police or report them. But that’s not me, im on 11 other sites and have never dropped a dime on any body, its so....Mortal.
That’s why I like the polls that are coming out on the ats; it shows me what im dealing with.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

-ChriS

You really don’t understand Blaster, I said something nice about the democrats and obama on a site where there’s 97% republicans and tea people. If I showed you my pm on the ats, you would probably tell me to call the police or report them. But that’s not me, im on 11 other sites and have never dropped a dime on any body, its so....Mortal.
That’s why I like the polls that are coming out on the ats; it shows me what im dealing with.

Did James pm you with a threat or was it creepy mushy?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join