It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan B

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Let's say one day we try coming to our favorite website , ATS , only to discover that they have been shut down
What would we all do ? What would ATS do ?

Has ATS ever though about a back up site or a yahoo or google group in the event some politician one day decides to shut ATS down , for security sake

Not sure how real the threat is to shut down ATS , but you can be sure there are some out there that look forward to the day ....

So folks , should there be a plan B , is there a plan B ?

edit on 10-5-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If plan b is always the one that actually works,
why not just skip plan a.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

It would not get shut down imo.

It would be turned into an "asset".

Past tense?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by Max_TO

It would not get shut down imo.

It would be turned into an "asset".

Past tense?

It appears to me that's exactly what's happened.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You know the usual riot and pillage is of course Plan A, then Plan B is to party line across the white house lawn with budweisser's, of course running quickly away from the man in the bear suit, we all know who you are. That's right Mr. Bear suit, you are the fodder for the secret.........Post shut down.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
ATS has done a lot to prepare people for a one world government, alien disclosure, and the cataclysmic events that are presently happening all around us.

The only people who love ATS more than it's members are the Powers that Be!

With a plan A like that, who needs a plan B?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

any alleged TPTB who had the means motive and oportunity to " shut down " ATS.com - would aldo shut down the backup

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Maybe we could build an internet on the Astral plane or something that could not be easily shutdown by TPTB. Like these guys over here.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If there were a Plan B, it would be imprudent for us to make it public, no? So, no there isn't a Plan B. As far as you know.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

ROFLMAO

and can "plan b " EVER be revealed to ANYONE ?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Not without revealing the existence of this presumed "plan". So, no. We must disavow any knowledge of, not only specifics, but its very existence.

[Jedi mind-trick mode - on ]=> This is not the plan you are looking for.

[pulls out M.I.B flashy thingie]

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Nicely done!

Interesting thoughts, OP and contributors. Always worth thinking outside the box...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
It would be turned into an "asset"

The entire Internet is an asset.

Of all the things that rise up in the quiet late-night moments to rob one of sleep, this idea is firmly the least of my worries. Seriously. At least, the overt direct shut-down of our domain.

I'm far more concerned about the indirect take-over of the Internet by heavily-lobbying corporate media. Under the guise of "privacy concerns," paid representative lap-dogs of the corporate media hegemony are introducing a dearth of bills and plans to cripple third party advertising online -- the financial fuel of the independent web. ATS may have reached a size/scale that's large enough to survive, but thousands upon thousands of important small sites are not.

Springer and I are going to Washington DC in 10 days to hopefully have an influence on two fronts: 1) speaking directly to representatives about the very real dangers free speech and small business; 2) helping smaller website operators better understand how to derive revenue from smart advertising integration strategies.

That's my worst fear -- and we're not sitting idle about it, we're investing in doing something.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Springer and I are going to Washington DC in 10 days to hopefully have an influence on two fronts: 1) speaking directly to representatives about the very real dangers free speech and small business; 2) helping smaller website operators better understand how to derive revenue from smart advertising integration strategies.

That's my worst fear -- and we're not sitting idle about it, we're investing in doing something.

That's really good to know, and I - as well as most others who hear of this - thank you for it. Have you announced it on a 'Board Business' thread of its own? If not, you should.

And I was half-jesting in support of Nerbot's idea. I'm confident that 'they' scour this site and have 'people' in here already, but I know it's not as widespread as some would have us believe. After all, it's just a bunch of crazy conspiracy kooks, right?

Why would 'they' waste time and resources keeping people's democratic right to free speech under control..?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Incidentally, I've had several occasions where ATS has been unavailable completely, or on a major synthetic go-slow for hours at a time. Obviously I check other sites, and it's always really obvious when the issue just affects ATS. The reasons are surely multiple and varied, mostly coincidental I suppose. But sometimes? Well - there's a couple of recent examples of oddities that seem to suggest an outside interference, or some kind of agreed protocol in effect. ATS has to 'play by the rules', just like any other business.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Wow nice post SO.

I didn't know about that. I like what you are talking about though.

I honestly think you are lobbying for something good and decent that actually represents my voice as well, and I know there are tons of small-business owners out there struggling to make it who would be pleased to hear about your efforts.

Keep it up guys you are making a difference. That's based on factual history and not me just kissing butt.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
pffft... boy are you guys wrong...

ATS is TPTB !!!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The IAB's "DC Fly In" is a great opportunity to actually lobby Senators and Congressional Members face to face. The IAB's General Counsel and Public Policy Chief, Mike Zaneus, is a great guy in general and a very astute DC "player". He and his crew get meetings set up with dozens of key Representatives from the applicable committees and we get to be heard.

That's invaluable for our industry and it's quite an experience on a personal level.

Springer...

top topics

join