It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weird and Wacky World of Physics: The Big Bang, Holograms and Repulsive Gravity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hi got a question, If we could travel to the edge of the expanding big bang would we be seeing the material, gases and everything else that was there to make the bang in the first place.
Sorry if its stupid question still trying to get my head around alot of stuff.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ITSALLGOOD

It's a good question

I don't think so. Are you saying what caused the Big Bang or what occured just after it?
If it's the former...no. Light came a few fractions of a second after the Big Bang so everything before those fractions couldn't be seen, therefore we can't see what caused the Big Bang, if it indeed was gases or something else is a mystery to all of us!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I dont beleive in the big bang, it does not seem logical at all to me. If the universe was a dense point where did this point exist if not in the universe. Just does not make sense to me. Also If we can see 13billion light years on either side of the earth (like in your diagram), that means thatt we must be at the centre of where the big bang must have occured and we are at the centre of the universe. (coincidence?) Please enlighten me if you can!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 1jim1

Well according to the BB, we and everything is the centre of the universe...only if that takes hold.

What's your view on what caused the universe then?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
i wouldnt have a clue

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

More along the lines of if we could travel fast enough and catch the very edge of the expanding big bang beyond that would there be the stuff before the bang.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

More along the lines of if we could travel fast enough and catch the very edge of the expanding big bang beyond that would there be the stuff before the bang.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join