It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senator calls for 'no-ride' list for US trains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

US Senator calls for 'no-ride' list for US trains

rt.com

Democratic Senator Charles Schumer called for a ‘no-ride’ list similar to America’s no-fly list to aid in preventing terrorist attacks on Amtrak trains.
It was recently learned via materials obtained at the Osama Bin Laden compound that al-Qaeda had considered attacking US railways and trains following 9/11.
"Circumstances demand we make adjustments by increasing funding to enhance rail safety and monitoring on commuter rail transit and screening who gets on Amtrak passenger trains, so that we can provide a greater level of security to the public," Schumer told reporters.
Schumer
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I apologise if this has been previously posted. A search has yielded no results thus far.
I won't bother formulating a large opinion on this article as I am too tired and have alot of work to do. However in my efforts to procrustunate I found this article which subsequently alarmed me. We have clearly seen the infringment of individual rights that the basis of America was found upon. This has been ever increasingly evident in day to day life- wether through attempts at gun-regulation or laws such as the Patriot act.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
They are making it harder for you to travel

1 - Increased gas prices
2 - Increased TSA at airports
3 - Luggage restrictions
4 - Possible mulling of a tax per mile on your viechle

They do not want to you travel to see your loved ones, friends, educators, experience america, experience freedom on the open road, the train. They are hampering your ability to communicate in person.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
WTF is wrong with these people they make movies about trains being bombed like SOURCE CODE(2011)www.youtube.com... then they kill OBL nd say the have information AQ was going to hit trains.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Thread already exists.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join