It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live on the iPad ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Is there any way to listen to ATS live on my iPad ?

The click link doesn't seem to play on the iPad
I should mention , I am using Safari as my browser .

Thanks for any info

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Let's add ATS chat to that list as well , can one use ATS chat on an iPad ?
edit on 7-5-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'd say no since the Ipad doesn't support flash. I just don't see how that thing is surviving when it doesn't support flash.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Managed to tune into the radio show via am 1040 , using a radio app on the iPad

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
There is an ATS Live app for both iOS devices (iPod, iPhone, iPad) and for mobile devices that use the Droid OS (tablets and phones). I know the iOS one is $0.99 and I think the Droid one is as well, but not sure.

I ponied up the dollar for the one on my iPod and it does allow you to listen to some of the earlier podcasts of the ATS Live and ATS Euro shows as well as the 24/7 stream which means that you can listen to other shows that are done Live as well such as Above Politics and the After Midnight show.

However since it is an app, it doesn't allow multitasking of other apps while playing. Much like a game does not allow it.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
There is an ATS Live app for both iOS devices (iPod, iPhone, iPad) and for mobile devices that use the Droid OS (tablets and phones)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

The app " tunein radio " does pick up the live show on am1040 WLVJ . Using the Tunein radio app you can also pause or even record the live broadcast & it even allows you to multi task !

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Sweet, good to know that. I will have to check that one out.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It would seem that the app can also be set up to record a radio show like a VCR records a TV show !
Now that is sweet !

Now if I can find some round about way to get ATS chat working on my dam iPad I would be very pleased !

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Maybe ATS should scrap Flash for HTML 5? Anyone else noticed that the ATS ribbon is also screwed up on the iPad?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Yes I noticed that too

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I have not seen a free app to do it, but a VPN connection to a host computer (such as VNC Viewer which is $10) should allow a remote control interaction with chat. The chat software that ATS uses is also fairly Java heavy in addition to Flash. So it is a double whammy to mobile device users.

While there might be some sort of work around by going down the linux route, that really defeats the purpose of the iOS experience which is why these mobile devices were bought in the first place.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Cool thx for the tip
I am going to give that a try !

top topics

join