It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is No Hope..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Seriously, the people are growing tired of all the political roller coasters. Politics have become so corrupt that I can hardly stand to hear anymore promises.

I feel that we are heading down the path that Eygpt went, Lybia as well, whether you want to believe it or not.

We are in such a big hole that really there is no hope for us to come out on top, many will suffer because of this. Why? because someone was being selfish, someone took all of our kindness for granted and used it for personal gain, publicity maybe, money probable, whatever the reason was, it seriously strained our trust in something we are suppose to love.

It angers me that even though they know we grow tired of it they still continue to tax us non-stop, raise prices on everything, cutting education program fundings just to spend billions and billions of dollars on war efforts that we have no business being involved in.

Many have brought it to the attention of our "amazing" government, just to be dismissed and told that they are just wasting their time. Probably telling them that they have more important things to deal with..Since when were the People not the top priority?!
Sadly I believe we were never the TOP priority. We are just told that it is the "People's" government and that we tell them how to run things. From what I've seen and as a military member, the people have no influence on the brass collar higher ups in our service branches.

It's kind of like grownups (Our government) talking and a child (the People) coming up and complaining about something, one grownup looks down and tells the little child, "Run along now, grownups are talking." Gives the child a cookie to apease his concern.

They think we don't see what is really going on. It is hurting us and breaking many many hearts. What ever happened to the peace the People were promised, the happiness we are supposed to pursue. what happend to all those promises?

I will not vote for the next president, what is the point?
More lies and deciets, more empty promises, more war, more sadness, more destruction.

Nobody can clean up the mess we are in, sadly this is our new life, it will only get worse, there is no hope in the government, they will just cover it up like always.

-E

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
when you said you will not vote for the next president. you know thats what they want. right. So they can tell you your president is going to be rather then the persom be elected. And again this is what they want you fruisterated with politics and what is going on in the country to where you our resigned to what is going and where you don;t give a damn. So they can keep on doing there nonesense.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There is always hope. As long as one person knows the truth and is willing to speak, to fight, then there is hope. As long as there is one person willing to say, "No." to greed and corruption, there is hope.

I'm generally a "glass half full" guy. So there is always hope.

Unless there is a zombie apocalypse. Then we're screwed.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

i disagree

a zombie apocalypse the power will finally be returned to the people

i do agree with that rest.

without hope all is lost without people fighting all is lost the choice is what we make

you can either fight in your own way or become the victim of it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

From what I have observed in most politics today, the men and women in power are only doing what they see best.

It also seems that recently our presidents have become nothing but puppets, regardless of who they were before, Obama is a good example, he had a lot of "different" plans before he actually took office, I have yet to see any success in them.

Our next president will as well fall victim to the strings of a "Puppet Master" , regardless of who we vote for.
It's just one big play.

reply to post by beezzer

Sure there could be hope, but the way things are going now, nothing, as it seems, can get us out of it, one voice isn't enough, and trying to get more to agree with that one voice will never happen, too many people are blinded to what is going on around them, they just carry on with there daily routines.

edit on 6-5-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
There is always hope... it may be faint and difficult to see it, but when one seeks it out one generally finds it. Don't give up because, as was stated above, that is what "they" want. "They" want you to feel like nothing can be done and that the best choice of action from us is to turn to them and blindly let them "lead us to a new and better world of their creation". United we stand, divided we fall.. and they're doing their best to keep us divided, racially, religiously, economic class warfare, etc... so never give up, no matter how bleak things look at the present time, the future is ours to create and doing so with a defeatist attitude would be a major mistake. One man (or woman) can make a difference for better or for worse, so there is always hope.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There is hope, there is love, there is greatness. We are in the middle of a story, on a certain page. The world will have free energies soon, they exist already, love is already here and your beautiful child is here. This part of story has a purpose also. We are immortal beings having an experience, try to remember who you are and any concern about a dull life will be forgotten. Though we do not talk about the SUPER INCREDIBLE FABULOUS FUTURE a lot on the board, we do have a plan and we know what we want. So do not be discouraged by our words, take heart, love is here. We are for you!
edit on 6-5-2011 by copy because: I just want to add I went ahead and jumped ahead in the storyline cause I was really feeling for ya there.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

I can't guarantee that the America in 2015 will look the same as it does now, but people will come together. People have!

I'm part of a Tea Party group. (needless arguments aside)
Our group is made up of classical liberals, conservatives, libertarians. . . . people coming together. When it stops being about ideology and about feeding your children, housing your family, providing for loved ones, then political "labels" get thrown out the window. It becomes real to them.

It won't be pretty. Hell, it'll probably be real damned ugly before it gets better.

But it will get better.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree, it will get really ugly very soon, but that could've all been avoided. It still shocks me that what was supposed to be established in 1776, has become so corrupt. Our own politicians are blind to it, they are blinded by power and greed.

I am a currently enlisted in the Marine Corps, and it's sad and disturbing that I see myself as one of the bad guys..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by beezzer

I agree, it will get really ugly very soon, but that could've all been avoided. It still shocks me that what was supposed to be established in 1776, has become so corrupt. Our own politicians are blind to it, they are blinded by power and greed.

I am a currently enlisted in the Marine Corps, and it's sad and disturbing that I see myself as one of the bad guys..

Damned jarhead.

I'm in the army. Set to retire in 2 years. Then I'll have to find real work.

Ignore those that just don't get it. They've heard all the arguments, but some are just so closed minded that it'll never sink in. Be proud. Hold on to your honor, duty, and integrity.
hua, from a ground pounder.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I believe the biggest flaw in our government is a simple one. The 22nd amendment.

The fact that a president is limited only 2 terms at 4 years each leads people to overlook incompetence and corruption because "oh well, we can simply vote him out in x amount of years". We as a people have gotten so lazy, we would rather endure 8 years of a corrupt, incompetent leader because it's easier than staging a revolution.

100+ years ago, half the stuff our politicians do would have led to lynch mobs descending on Washington D.C. Why? Because people cared. Now, to stage an effective revolution against a tyrannical government, people would have to miss Jersey Shore and go without Facebook for however long it took.

No, much easier to wait up to 8 years.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

There is always hope for man. Our current situation is very upsetting but is just a matter of time!

Soon enough we will see what is true and what will leave us starving, it just a matter of when..there is no certain outcome!
We are a difficult breed.

One way or another I feel good fortune for our existence and our final outcome, one just needs to remain faithful.

STAY SAFE ELIAS

new topics

top topics

join